Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:42 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Where will the QB class of 2004 rank all-time

When you have a QB that shattered the record(that was held by another Steelers QB) for wins in a row, was the youngest QB to win the Super Bowl, has won the most games over a 2 year span(and missed games during that time), and has won the most games to start a career in Ben Roethlisberger (The Best QB in football).
Then the Pedigree of Eli Manning
Then you have the most accurate and most games played QB in college history in Philp Rivers

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:47 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget about Schaub. I think this class could possibly go down as top 2. Who knows though? Anything is possible.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:49 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right behind 1983. Rivers is going to be a very good passer. All three will be very good. Matt Schaub also came out of this draft and when he gets his shot he will be a good QB. J.P. Losman isn't a bust yet either. It was a very good year for QB, but 1983 had the two best QBs ever, and Jim Kelly to boot.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it has potential to be on top. Its too early to tell but the potential is certainly there. All these qb's have the potential to win a SB. Roethlisberger has already, Eli is going to be a SB contender for years to come, Schaub will be a great WCO qb for a team needing one, Rivers has a SB contender like team in SD, and Lossman...let's just give him some more time.

But think about it, SD, Pitt, NYG...all SB contenders for the next several years or at the very least are projecting to be. All have the oppurtunity to win the big one...with Ben already having one. I can see Schaub excelling as a qb, especially if he lands in a great team like Dallas who might make a push for him.

Imagine if every qb in this draft wins a SB and has a great career...I think if that happens you have to put it as the best qb year ever....and its very possible.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Elway
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Old 08-11-2006, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
I think it has potential to be on top. Its too early to tell but the potential is certainly there. All these qb's have the potential to win a SB. Roethlisberger has already, Eli is going to be a SB contender for years to come, Schaub will be a great WCO qb for a team needing one, Rivers has a SB contender like team in SD, and Lossman...let's just give him some more time.

But think about it, SD, Pitt, NYG...all SB contenders for the next several years or at the very least are projecting to be. All have the oppurtunity to win the big one...with Ben already having one. I can see Schaub excelling as a qb, especially if he lands in a great team like Dallas who might make a push for him.

Imagine if every qb in this draft wins a SB and has a great career...I think if that happens you have to put it as the best qb year ever....and its very possible.
I agree. All these QBs have a chance to win a SB sometime in the future, though I think Eli has the best chance to win it all this year. This QB class will be fun to watch for years to come.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:28 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420

John Elway
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Can't forget Ken O'brien, Tony Eason, and......Gary Kubiak :shock:
Old 08-11-2006, 12:33 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

John Elway
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
That was a great draft that year. I believe Eric Dickerson was also drafted then.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:37 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:

John Elway
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
That was a great draft that year. I believe Eric Dickerson was also drafted then.
Yup, as was Curt Warner, Roger Craig, Darrell Green, Bruce Mathews...there's a few other big names I can't think of right now.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

John Elway
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
That'll be tough to beat...3 HOF's. The only possible HOF's I see in 2004 are Manning and Big Ben.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:05 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

John Elway
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
That'll be tough to beat...3 HOF's. The only possible HOF's I see in 2004 are Manning and Big Ben.
I think Rivers could end up proving to be the best of the 3. Not saying that's what I think will happen.....but the possibility is certainly there. I'm not sure how I would rank them.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What,how can you forget J.P. Losman?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

John Elway
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
I think Rivers could end up proving to be the best of the 3. Not saying that's what I think will happen.....but the possibility is certainly there. I'm not sure how I would rank them.
I don't know, I haven't been a big fan of Rivers, but that's just me. I think he'll be a very good QB, but not great.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1983 will always be better. This was a better than usual class, but overrated. Neither Eli or Big Ben are as good as the media portrays them. Not as if their careers are over or anything, but Elway and Marino are some of the G.O.A.T.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right, it could be 2nd best if 2 of 3 work out to be Pro Bowl caliber in Losman, Rivers, and Schaub...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
1983 will always be better. This was a better than usual class, but overrated. Neither Eli or Big Ben are as good as the media portrays them. Not as if their careers are over or anything, but Elway and Marino are some of the G.O.A.T.
they make Ben look good because he wins. a large amount of that should go to the team he's on. Now Im not calling him Kyle Orton but he won the same way with a good Defense and a running game.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:28 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
they make Ben look good because he wins. a large amount of that should go to the team he's on. Now Im not calling him Kyle Orton but he won the same way with a good Defense and a running game.
Roethlisberger is definitely a good QB, but I agree he isn't yet what the media makes him seem.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Roethlisberger is definitely a good QB, but I agree he isn't yet what the media makes him seem.
yea I wasnt saying he wasnt. He was on a very good team and won so they overated him. but in the end isnt winning what its all about.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:57 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Where will the QB class of 2004 rank all-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man
When you have a QB that shattered the record(that was held by another Steelers QB) for wins in a row, was the youngest QB to win the Super Bowl, has won the most games over a 2 year span(and missed games during that time), and has won the most games to start a career in Ben Roethlisberger (The Best QB in football).
Then you have the most accurate and most games played QB in college history in Philp Rivers
Are you saying Roethlisberger is the best in Football?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:

check his (steel mans) name

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:02 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Some people mistake "Steelers win" for "Roethlisberger wins".
Not to take anything away from Ben. I think he is a very good young QB. He did a very good job of not losing games for the Steelers. He played the role he was supposed to. To call him the best QB in the NFL is absolutely ridiculous though. That's worse than saying Alexander is the best RB. I think his moniker (steelman) explains it all.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben best QB in the game lol. :roll:
Old 08-11-2006, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bobrooney

Someone said in a different thread that the term "overrated" is subjective and I totally agree. However, I don't think Ben is nearly as overrated as some tend to believe. Having the chance to watch him game in and game out I simply can not question his value or importance to the team. Make no mistake, he's still a bit raw (especially his rookie year), he likes to street ball it sometimes rather than dropping back and hitting his targets but his athleticism more than makes up for this. Ben isn't just a game manager, he throws in the first half and secures the lead. Second half is when our running game really shines. That is the Cowher way, run the ball, milk the clock and hold on for the victory. Look no further than the playoffs (sans the superbowl, that was a way subpar for Ben) to see how the team works with Ben under center. I can understand that some people don't get to watch him play as much and therefore the only real judgement they can go on is his statline and as far as pass attempts and yards they aren't staggering, but just watching him and how he wills the team to win should be enough to convince some people that he truly is a great young talent.

Having watched Eli and Schaub play I can also say that, in my opinion, they are going to be special as well. Who knows who will have the best career when it's all said and done but I think this class will be very successful. Unfortunately I only saw Rivers play against the Broncos and I don't think it would be fair to make a judgement on him until this year, but I have heard he is tearing up training camp.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Some people mistake "Steelers win" for "Roethlisberger wins".
Not to take anything away from Ben. I think he is a very good young QB. He did a very good job of not losing games for the Steelers. He played the role he was supposed to. To call him the best QB in the NFL is absolutely ridiculous though. That's worse than saying Alexander is the best RB. I think his moniker (steelman) explains it all.

I agree with what you have to say duckseason
Old 08-11-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they will be #10 i think at most we'll have one HOF QB then 3 probowlers.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote