Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-19-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
getbackcoach

Hey everyone, haven't posted much, but I am a diehard Bengals fan. I just heard that Edgerton Hartwell is visting Cincy today and tomorrow. His agent said that he is only looking for a one year deal, to prove that he can still play. What do you all think of that potential signing?

I would love it...it would allow us to focus on the secondary. And then if Odell does return, we can cut Caleb Miller, who is atrocious and injury-prone. Let's hope they sign him instead of Michael Myers, as he is awful and would address nothing for us.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm hoping to see him signed as well. If anything he could start at MLB (if healthy/ready) next year and Ahmad could be SLB the whole year, that way when/if Odell gets out of Marvins doghouse he could move back into the starting role at MLB and Ahmad won't have to change positions.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Ronniec513
Rookie

Ronniec513 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm all for taking a flier on Hartwell. He can contribute more to this team NOW than any day 2 LB would. It looks like Myers has been signed so if they get Hartwell too, I think it's a lock that we take a QB early in day 2 to groom as Carson's backup, since we probably won't address DT or LB.
Ronniec513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's looking more and more like he may be signed.

I think that means no LB in the draft unless they're not confident with Landon at WLB (which I don't think is the case).

I would LOVE to see Hartwell start at MLB early on with Ahmad at SLB (or maybe even WLB) then eventually allow Odell to take his spot in the middle back over.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think it's safe to say that if we sign Harwell we won't take a LBer or if we sign Myers, which we did, we won't take a DT...It backs us into a corner. They will take the best on the board..hopefully limiting themsleves only to making it a defensive player.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
mrpotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I don't think it's safe to say that if we sign Harwell we won't take a LBer or if we sign Myers, which we did, we won't take a DT...It backs us into a corner. They will take the best on the board..hopefully limiting themsleves only to making it a defensive player.
Hartwell has a much bigger effect on whether we draft a LB than Myers does on whether we draft a DT. Getting Hartwell would be a fantastic situation because it would allow us to wait a year to see what we have in Odell and Brooks. I am pretty sure Brooks will be very good and I think Odell has a very good chance to make it back, but we really do not know.

Myers, on the other hand, is old, as is the rest of our DT corps outside of Peko and Fanene. If there is a chance to get a good value on a DT, I think we would take it. At that point we could either cut Thornton or Myers. Plus, Hartwell is a much better player than Myers, or at least has the potential to be.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you guys don't want Odell I would love to see Atlanta take a flier on him despite his personal issues. I think all he needs is a good role model and Lawyer Milloy, Keith Brooking and Rod Coleman would all provide that.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

He has good role models here...

We all want him to come back and play a significant role, we're just not sure Marvin will allow that.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

ew ed hartwell what a bum
Old 04-22-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
ew ed hartwell what a bum
haha aw come on he had one decent year for you all... right?

I'm just glad we didn't sign him when he left, thankfully ATL made that mistake.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Jelephant87
Rookie

Jelephant87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I haven't really heard anything about Odell other than no one knows if he'll be back. Is there a certain timetable that anyone's heard of Marvin making a decision to allow him back? It is basically up to Marvin at this point right?
Jelephant87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he'll be back and better than ever. i think he's genuinely a good person just has a real troubled past and family that he can't seem to get away from. my cousin was hangin out with him in the ATL for a weekend and he said they had to go somewhere at least twice every hour to give someone money.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:33 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he'll be back, but he has been away from football for a year. I think the rust will definitley show. Who knows if he is in great shape, but still not football shape. He'll be on thin ice from this point on even if he does return. I don't think Hartwell would be as good in the middle as Brooks. I think Brooks is going to be a stud there. I also think Caleb is a good lber and is valuable to this team. I have heard that Odell is still hanging with some bad company. That will only lead him to trouble. Maybe he needs a good sitdown with Josh Hamilton

Last edited by rickscott : 04-23-2007 at 04:35 AM.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

According to the coaches, Odell is "healthy and clean-minded."

Brian Robinson was talking about how much we missed him last year, I wouldn't mind seeing Hartwell signed then eventually Odell taking his starting job back over.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
getbackcoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I also think Caleb is a good lber and is valuable to this team.
Caleb isn't on the field enough to be valuable to this team. He's too small, which leads to him being injured frequently and makes him a liability against the run. I wish someone had made him an offer, so we would get a 3rd rounder from them, but I don't think there are too many GM's who would make that move. The more I think about it, the more I think Hartwell would be a fantastic signing for us.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Caleb is great as a backup, he can move into WLB or MLB and he's an intelligent player. The size is a factor but that's why he shouldn't be/isn't a starter.