Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-12-2006, 03:19 PM    (permalink

I'd want to be a pitcher so as to be involved on every play, but since I don't have good enough stuff, I'd go with catcher.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was a Freshman in Highschool I decided to tryout for the JV baseball team after never playing or even watching baseball that much and I made the team and played LF but you would be surprised how few balls I actually had to make a good play for. That was my only year playing baseball but LF was fun for sure.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

JagsFanWL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I play OF for my High School team, but i'd love to get a shot at SS...i dont think my arm is good enough though
Old 08-12-2006, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
i played 2nd and short in high school softball
give it up
Old 08-12-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagsFanWL
I play OF for my High School team, but i'd love to get a shot at SS...i dont think my arm is good enough though
Depending on where you play in the outfield, I'd think that you'd have a good enough arm for short if you have the arm for... say... RF. Unless you don't have to make very many long throws out there for whatever reason.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Belish
Rookie

Belish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Probably a corner OF position. I'm good at getting to balls but I'm not quick enough for CF
Old 08-12-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

JagsFanWL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagsFanWL
Depending on where you play in the outfield, I'd think that you'd have a good enough arm for short if you have the arm for... say... RF. Unless you don't have to make very many long throws out there for whatever reason.
Oh, my arm is horrible. It is very accurate though, I'll give myself that. I usually played LF, but our CF was our #2 pitcher, so i played CF when he pitched. I'm a good hitter, so that also makes up for my lack of arm...
Old 08-12-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belish
Probably a corner OF position. I'm good at getting to balls but I'm not quick enough for CF
same...I would love RF though..as I do pitch...so I would be like Vladdy

Check out this arsenal...

70 MPH fastball
2-seam fastball
curveball
changeup
slider

pretty amazing eh??

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd play anywhere the manager put me.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16
Quote:

70 MPH fastball
2-seam fastball
curveball
changeup
slider

pretty amazing eh??
let me guess, the 2-seamer doesn't have movement, the curveball doesn't curve, the changeup is easily spotted, and the slider doesn't slide :D

Old 08-12-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Quote:
Quote:

70 MPH fastball
2-seam fastball
curveball
changeup
slider

pretty amazing eh??
let me guess, the 2-seamer doesn't have movement, the curveball doesn't curve, the changeup is easily spotted, and the slider doesn't slide :D
wrong about the curve, 2 seam and slider... :D

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Quote:
Quote:

70 MPH fastball
2-seam fastball
curveball
changeup
slider

pretty amazing eh??
wrong about the curve, 2 seam and slider... :D
I came close 8)

Old 08-21-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manager, but since that is not an option, RELIEF PITCHER!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bullpen catcher.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Eleanor Rigby

corner infielder or reliever are the two positions i enjoyed the most. Had a rocket of an arm so that made both positions easier to play. Also had really quick feet, my glove wasn't to amazing and i couldn't translate my power to hitting but i could get contact like no big guy i knew of. It was funny cause the first pitch i ever learned how to throw was a changeup, then i learned the different fastballs. Never had any good breaking stuff but my accuracy was pretty good for my age when i used to play.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Starting Pitcher that hits, ala D-Train.

Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Eleanor Rigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Starting Pitcher that hits, ala D-Train.

starting took too many different pitches for me. I never had any good breaking stuff.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

As the token fat kid who could hit the ball really far I was a corner infielder. I preffered 1st, but I really just wanted to hit.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to play outfield. My top 3 would be:

1. Right Field
2. Center Field
3. Shortstop

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Eleanor Rigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrick0016
As the token fat kid who could hit the ball really far I was a corner infielder. I preffered 1st, but I really just wanted to hit.
yeah that was me in 6th grade but then i stopped being able to transfer my power into hitting. Although i wasn't fat per say.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

starting pitch because it's the most important, then CF cause its the funnest to play.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pitched till I messed up cartilage in my elbow last year and doctors said I can't pitch anymore, but I used to love it, so I'd have to go with that. Short and center are really fun to play also, but there's nothing like pitching. I'd probably rather start than pitch in relief, that's what I did the last year I played and I did pretty well, but relief isn't that bad.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

70 MPH fastball
2-seam fastball
curveball
changeup
slider

pretty amazing eh??
How old are you that you throw 70? Just curious.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Eleanor Rigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Quote:

70 MPH fastball
2-seam fastball
curveball
changeup
slider

pretty amazing eh??
How old are you that you throw 70? Just curious.
70's not bad for a teen. I pitched a lot adn even in my prime i never broke 80.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
I'm a 3B/C. Always have been, always will be
I would be 3B because its fun when the balls come the fastest at you. I would play OF but im not too good at reading pop ups. I have made countless amount of errors in the outfield by mis-judging line drives and pop ups.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote