Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink
pav

I'm really getting left out in the cold in this poll.
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
Sorry...Colts dline is not even top 5...but nice try though
I disagree. That 2nd best scoring defense had to come from somewhere, and the Colts DL is by far the best defensive unit they have. The fact that they hadn't even been mentioned when teams like the Vikings and Ravens were was ridiculous IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
Corey Simon is not even close to Pro Bowl level anymore.
Disgruntled Eagles fan? Simon has lost almost all the extra weight he played with last season, and from what I've heard from Eagles fans, Simon generally uses that time to shed the pounds. If he gets in shape, which he's pretty close to doing, he could again be the force he once was.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: best defensive line in the nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Panthers - Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Kemoeatu, Rucker

or

Vikings - Erasmus James, Pat williams, kevin williams, Udeze

i'd personally have to take the vikings. what do you think?
Carolina Panthers...4 proven Pro Bowl caliber players. Mike Rucker, Brenson Buckner, Kris Jenkins, and Julius Peppers.

I'd take Carolina over Minnesota 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Udeze and Erasmus have not proven themselves to be dominant players yet. They have potential, but Carolina's D-Line have proven themselves to be top tier defensive lineman in the NFL.

Chicago needs to be in the discussion. Tommie Harris, Adawale Ogunleye, Ian Scott, and Alex Brown. Although Carolina still is #1 in my book.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
So youre saying that once you go into college/graduate, sports become almost irrelevant? It doesnt work that way if you actually care and werent just a casual fan.
I'm saying that once you go to college/graduate from college, sports should take a back seat in your life. You should look forward to a brighter future for yourself, not your team. Sure you could watch the games, but going on forums and getting all worked up over defensive lines? Thats not what i'd call grown up. If you ever listen to Collin Cowherd on ESPN radio, he rips guys like us very often.
Buddy, didn't you MAKE the thread? What are you talking about? Why ask everyone what they think if youre gonna get so defensive about it? And trust me, when you get into the work place...you'll learn how redundant everything becomes. No one here is putting football before work or themselves. If we did, we wouldn't have jobs. If anyone here is acting like a kid, its you. You are showing your immaturity by talking about things you really have no experience in.
If you don't like your job, get a different one. You seem like a real productive member of the work force. I'm sure your boss would be thrilled. LOL. Alright man, i really am sorry for offending you. We're cool right?
My boss knows I surf this site all day. Very few people love what they do for a living. If you do, you are very lucky. I enjoy the paycheck and people I work with, but I'm not about to say I love my job. If I could sit on mybutt and do what I want all day and still collect a paycheck I would.
1. You have a great boss, you are very lucky.
2. I'm sorry you don't enjoy your work, i hope i will enjoy mine.
3. If you are willing to sit on your butt all day and collect a paycheck, you are a part of the problem not part of the solution. Join welfare
4. I really need to get off this topic because i'm making enemies by the second.
Ha. If a welfare check was the same size as the one I get now, I would. But the is hardly the case. You'll get it one day. Like bigblue said, most jobs are painfully redundant. Ever see Office Space?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
3. If you are willing to sit on your butt all day and collect a paycheck, you are a part of the problem not part of the solution. Join welfare
4. I really need to get off this topic because i'm making enemies by the second.
1. It isnt completely out of the question to have a nice boss. I've had two completely different jobs, but both of the guys I worked for were nice guys. At work it isnt like you are working hard all the time.
3. He doesnt do that, though. How many people wouldnt sit on their ass and get paid for it?
4. Not necessarily.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I disagree. That 2nd best scoring defense had to come from somewhere, and the Colts DL is by far the best defensive unit they have. The fact that they hadn't even been mentioned when teams like the Vikings and Ravens were was ridiculous IMO.

Quote:
Quote:
Disgruntled Eagles fan? Simon has lost almost all the extra weight he played with last season, and from what I've heard from Eagles fans, Simon generally uses that time to shed the pounds. If he gets in shape, which he's pretty close to doing, he could again be the force he once was.
Colts defense is only a high scoring defense, because Peytong gets them such a big league, that the majority of the DL can forget about playing the run. Ha. Trying to stop the run is almost an afterthought to them. Also which player got 2nd if DOPY voting? They certainly didn't deserve it.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
pav

Default Re: best defensive line in the nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Panthers - Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Kemoeatu, Rucker

or

Vikings - Erasmus James, Pat williams, kevin williams, Udeze

i'd personally have to take the vikings. what do you think?
Carolina Panthers...4 proven Pro Bowl caliber players. Mike Rucker, Brenson Buckner, Kris Jenkins, and Julius Peppers.

I'd take Carolina over Minnesota 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Udeze and Erasmus have not proven themselves to be dominant players yet. They have potential, but Carolina's D-Line have proven themselves to be top tier defensive lineman in the NFL.

Chicago needs to be in the discussion. Tommie Harris, Adawale Ogunleye, Ian Scott, and Alex Brown. Although Carolina still is #1 in my book.
Buckner is gone. The Giants might be trying to land him as a free agent. If the giants had better interior lineman, i'd have to go with them for the best defensive line. Unfortunately they are loaded at DE, but none of the DT's are proven, or deserve to start in the NFL.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if a job isn't redundant I still like to come on here and relax. I'm working towards my PhD and teach classes part time and while I love my job that doens't mean I don't have other interests. If you really want to talk about sad, I think it's sad when people change who they are in order to conform to societal expectations. I don't ever want to be one of those lame ass people that just blathers about the weather or politics or whatever just so I can be palatable for the general public. The real beauty in being a grown adult is living your own life by your standards.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Not at all, I'm glad he's gone. You can pay Simon $30M or whatever it is to work himself into shape around November.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts Dline? Come on dude, you cannot seriously believe they are the best. Freeney can't stuff the run at all, Mathis is a situational pass rusher, Simon is over the hill. That defense as a whole is extremely overrated. It still stinks. They had the benefit of having a large lead and having to only defend the pass almost all the time. Youll get turnovers that way. When they played good offenses, they got WHOOPED. The Colts and Defense don't belong in the same sentence, let alone best dline discussion.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Colts defense is only a high scoring defense, because Peytong gets them such a big league, that the majority of the DL can forget about playing the run. Ha. Trying to stop the run is almost an afterthought to them. Also which player got 2nd if DOPY voting? They certainly didn't deserve it.
I'm sure you think Osi deserves it more than Freeney, despite the fact that Freeney is the cornerstone of his defense, while Osi isn't even the best DE on his team.

Quote:
Quote:
Not at all, I'm glad he's gone. You can pay Simon $30M or whatever it is to work himself into shape around November.
Keep in mind that most of that is getting paid off this year. Work his way into shape by November? Is that why he's already lost 25 pounds?

Quote:
Colts Dline? Come on dude, you cannot seriously believe they are the best. Freeney can't stuff the run at all, Mathis is a situational pass rusher, Simon is over the hill. That defense as a whole is extremely overrated. It still stinks. They had the benefit of having a large lead and having to only defend the pass almost all the time. Youll get turnovers that way. When they played good offenses, they got WHOOPED. The Colts and Defense don't belong in the same sentence, let alone best dline discussion.
You said they weren't top 5. I disagreed with that. Still do. Mathis doesn't play every down, Brock, who is also an instrumental part of the DL, will see a large chunk of PT there. Simon may have looked over the hill last year, but considering he played the entire year overweight, I have a hard time believeing he is at age 29. You need to go back and look at the games if you actually believe that the Colts defense had large leads in every game, because early in the season, that couldn't be further from the truth. As for getting "whooped" by good offenses, would you consider the 9th best scoring offense in the NFL a "good offense"? Because the Colts defense only allowed 7 points to them, and that was on a drive that began 7 yards away from a touchdown. Would you consider the 12th best scoring offense in the NFL a "good offense"? Because the Colts defense held them to 3 points in a dominating performance. I'm surprised at the lack of respect the Colts defense still gets. So they outperformed what you thought they were capable of. Did you ever think that your assessment could be wrong?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
why don't we just throw all 32 teams into the poll? And do you seriously want to know my age? i'll tell you if you tell me.
11?
Well if i was 11, i'd be a pretty darn smart 11 year old. Let's just say that it's summer vacation and i'm waiting for college to start. I personally wouldn't be very proud if i was over the age of 20 and on a football forum, no offense.
Why? I am 18 so i'm not speaking from Personal Experiance, but its a place where you can talk about football with people who share the same interests. I mean would you talk to your girlfriend about this stuff? No. Age doesn't really matter IMO
Agreed. But, i would like to think that men over the age of 20 have jobs and responsibilities. Arguing on a football forum is a no no if you are over 20, in my opinion. Heck, even i feel like a loser on here. In retrospect i really regret not getting a summer job.
What you have to understand is that your personal life doesn't stop as soon as you enter the workforce. Unless you have a job that you love, work is simply going to be a place where you go to collect a paycheck, and that's how most people actually like it. They don't want their jobs playing a huge part in their personal life.

Also, you don't have to talk about politics or economics to prove anything. If they're things that you're genuinely interested in, then more power to you. I happen to find politics, economics, and religion to be fascinating topics of conversation, just as I do with football.

Personally, I've always found the business/economic side of football far more intriguiging than what actually happens on the field on Sundays. As far as politics and economics go, you'd be amazed at the internal workings of the NFL.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow..who is this Pav kid?
Vikes defense is good, but there are better d-lines in the league than them. Udezi and James are at this point unproven, though Kevin Williams and Pat Williams are good, I would take Harris over Kevin Williams any day.

Here is how I see it (top 4, no particular order):
Bears
Panthers
Ravens
Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure you think Osi deserves it more than Freeney, despite the fact that Freeney is the cornerstone of his defense, while Osi isn't even the best DE on his team.
Freeney is the cornerstone of the defense? What does that say anyway? I would say Manning does more for that defense than Freeney does. True, Osi may not be the best DE on his team or cornerstone of our defense. All that says is we have two DEs better than Freeney.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:46 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patriots

Seymour-Wilfork-Warren
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Freeney is the cornerstone of the defense? What does that say anyway? I would say Manning does more for that defense than Freeney does. True, Osi may not be the best DE on his team or cornerstone of our defense. All that says is we have two DEs better than Freeney.
Now I see why you have that title.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2006, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Its not so much praise for the Giants DEs, but more criticism of Freeney. I think he is the most overrated player in the NFL. I have said that numerous times on these forums. He thinks he can get a big pay day somewhere else? Let him try. He wouldn't be nearly as good on most teams. In fact on some teams he would probably be regulated to a role similar to what Mathis plays for your team. Besides the two DEs on the Giants, there are quite a few other DEs I would rather have on my team than Freeney.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pav
Quote:
So youre saying that once you go into college/graduate, sports become almost irrelevant? It doesnt work that way if you actually care and werent just a casual fan.
I'm saying that once you go to college/graduate from college, sports should take a back seat in your life. You should look forward to a brighter future for yourself, not your team. Sure you could watch the games, but going on forums and getting all worked up over defensive lines? Thats not what i'd call grown up. If you ever listen to Collin Cowherd on ESPN radio, he rips guys like us very often.
Buddy, didn't you MAKE the thread? What are you talking about? Why ask everyone what they think if youre gonna get so defensive about it? And trust me, when you get into the work place...you'll learn how redundant everything becomes. No one here is putting football before work or themselves. If we did, we wouldn't have jobs. If anyone here is acting like a kid, its you. You are showing your immaturity by talking about things you really have no experience in.
If you don't like your job, get a different one. You seem like a real productive member of the work force. I'm sure your boss would be thrilled. LOL. Alright man, i really am sorry for offending you. We're cool right?
My boss knows I surf this site all day. Very few people love what they do for a living. If you do, you are very lucky. I enjoy the paycheck and people I work with, but I'm not about to say I love my job. If I could sit on mybutt and do what I want all day and still collect a paycheck I would.
Another idiot that thinks most the people on welfare are trying to cheat the system. :roll:
Old 08-15-2006, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Its not so much praise for the Giants DEs, but more criticism of Freeney. I think he is the most overrated player in the NFL. I have said that numerous times on these forums. He thinks he can get a big pay day somewhere else? Let him try. He wouldn't be nearly as good on most teams. In fact on some teams he would probably be regulated to a role similar to what Mathis plays for your team.
Good for you. I guess you don't take into account the value of a player that commands a double team? Because if you don't double Freeney, he will eventually break through and make a play, even if he is contained for a half or so. If you don't believe that, watch the Rams MNF game, which pretty much swung on a play Freeney made by finally getting into Pace's head and beating him. On most teams, he would easily be the starting RE. At 6'1" 268, Freeney is about the average height and weight of the starting NFL RE in 4-3s, but also possesses a speed and explosiveness that most don't. Combine that with his array of moves, and he's deadly. He generally doesn't make plays against the run, granted, although he does have his moments (stuffing Jamal Lewis in the backfield, forcing the game changing Steven Jackson fumble), but that's more of a product of the scheme and the coaching staff than it is an indictment on his run defending abilities, as the staff and the scheme always call for him to play pass first. The only defenses he wouldn't be starting at DE on in the NFL would be 3-4s, but that's because he, like most 4-3 DEs, is too small to play 3-4 DE. In a 3-4 however, he would likely be the playmaking OLB that every 3-4 covets. If you don't believe that, you've never watched him play.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Its not so much praise for the Giants DEs, but more criticism of Freeney. I think he is the most overrated player in the NFL. I have said that numerous times on these forums. He thinks he can get a big pay day somewhere else? Let him try. He wouldn't be nearly as good on most teams. In fact on some teams he would probably be regulated to a role similar to what Mathis plays for your team.
Good for you. I guess you don't take into account the value of a player that commands a double team? Because if you don't double Freeney, he will eventually break through and make a play, even if he is contained for a half or so. If you don't believe that, watch the Rams MNF game, which pretty much swung on a play Freeney made by finally getting into Pace's head and beating him. On most teams, he would easily be the starting RE. At 6'1" 268, Freeney is about the average height and weight of the starting NFL RE in 4-3s, but also possesses a speed and explosiveness that most don't. Combine that with his array of moves, and he's deadly. He generally doesn't make plays against the run, granted, although he does have his moments (stuffing Jamal Lewis in the backfield, forcing the game changing Steven Jackson fumble), but that's more of a product of the scheme and the coaching staff than it is an indictment on his run defending abilities, as the staff and the scheme always call for him to play pass first. The only defenses he wouldn't be starting at DE on in the NFL would be 3-4s, but that's because he, like most 4-3 DEs, is too small to play 3-4 DE. In a 3-4 however, he would likely be the playmaking OLB that every 3-4 covets. If you don't believe that, you've never watched him play.
Freeney is more of a product of the scheme and coaching staff than anything else.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Freeney is more of a product of the scheme and coaching staff than anything else.
You really think someone with his speed, explosiveness, and moves wouldn't succeed elsewhere?

Quote:
Old 08-15-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

where none of the above
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

4-3 Carolina

3-4 Steelers (call me a homer or not I don't care, 3-4 defense they are the best)
Old 08-15-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Bears
Ravens
Eagles
Falcons
Buccs
Colts
Seahawks
Jags

TEAMS OVER VIKINGS
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
You really think someone with his speed, explosiveness, and moves wouldn't succeed elsewhere?
I do think that. There is more to being a great defensive lineman than all that. The man can't play the run at all. Sure he will get the occasional big play behind the line, but he is all pass rush. He is up to field so quick that he takes himself out of plays all the time. Two years ago I was so worried about the same thing with Osi. I honestly didn't think Osi was going to be a great player because he used to take himself out of running plays all the time. He adapted. Freeney has shown he hasn't. He GREATLY benefits from playing with Manning and having a lead all the time. And he benefits even more by playing indoors on that turf. He is in a perfect situation to shine right now, but on most other teams he wouldn't have that novelty. And I really think he will see this if he ever hits the open market. Teams won't be making him the highest defensive player in the game. He should just ride a good thing out and resign with the Colts now, so more people don't realize how one dimensional he is.