Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default All-Star team of second-round picks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/morenews

QB -- Brett Favre (33rd overall, Atlanta, 1991), Drew Brees (32, San Diego, 2001)

RB -- Clinton Portis (51, Denver, 2002), Travis Henry (58, Buffalo, 2001), Maurice Jones-Drew (60, Jacksonville, 2006)

WR -- Chad Johnson (36, Cincinnati, 2001), Deion Branch (65, New England, 2002), Anquan Boldin (54, Arizona, 2003)

TE -- Alge Crumpler (35, Atlanta, 2001)

OT -- Chad Clifton (44, Green Bay, 2000) , Matt Light (48, New England, 2001)

G -- Chris Snee (34, New York Giants 2004), Eric Steinbach, (33, Cincinnati, 2003)

C -- Jeremy Newberry (58, San Francisco, 1998)

DE -- Michael Strahan, (40, New York Giants, 1993), Osi Umenyiora (56, New York Giants, 2003)

DT -- Shaun Rogers (61, Detroit, 2001), Kris Jenkins, (44, Carolina, 2001)

LB -- DeMeco Ryans (33, Houston, 2006), Mike Peterson (36, Indianapolis, 1999), Karlos Dansby (33, Arizona, 2004)

CB -- Dre' Bly (41, St. Louis, 1999), Rashean Mathis (37, Jacksonville, 2003)

S -- Brian Dawkins, (61, Philadelphia, 1996) Mike Brown (39, Chicago, 2000), Bob Sanders (44, Indianapolis, 2004).

P -- Todd Sauerbrun (56, Chicago, 1995)

K -- Mike Nugent (47, New York Jets, 2005)

Return -- Devin Hester (57, Chicago, 2006)

Dishonorable mention: Tank Johnson, (47, Chicago, 2004); Odell Thurman, (48, Cincinnati, 2005).
Old 04-19-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like the Giants can draft DEs in round two pretty efficiently. Only one pick later and Kiwi would have been round 2 as well.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Karlos Dansby over Marcus Washington? No thank you.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lecharles Bentley
Sam Cowart
Patrick Surtain
Samari Rolle
Jamie Sharper
Tiki Barber
Corey Dillon
Sam Madison
Darren Sharper

That's off the top of my head... ha. :)

no joke, I used to know what round damn near every single player in the league was drafted in and what college they attended. Years of studying the draft and playing madden football games paying off. ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad list or a bad effort. Still don't understand why it's relevant, but you put good work into it.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Lecharles Bentley
Sam Cowart
Patrick Surtain
Samari Rolle
Jamie Sharper
Tiki Barber
Corey Dillon
Sam Madison
Darren Sharper

no joke, I used to know what round damn near every single player in the league was drafted in and what college they attended. Years of studying the draft and playing madden football games paying off. ha.
I think the original list is to field the best team to put on the field tomorrow. These additional names have been great in the past but aren't the best now.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Not a bad list or a bad effort. Still don't understand why it's relevant, but you put good work into it.
If you were talking to me I didn't make the list just posted the article.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think the original list is to field the best team to put on the field tomorrow. These additional names have been great in the past but aren't the best now.
yeah, i know... i just wanted to see if i still had it. :)

haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its a very giant-friendly all star team to say the last haha

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I demand Aaron Schobel.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Larry Allen! PROTEST!!!!!!!!
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
No Larry Allen! PROTEST!!!!!!!!
Because unlike whoever votes for the pro bowl, this guy actually realizes that Larry Allen is no longer a top 5 guard in the league anymore.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Because unlike whoever votes for the pro bowl, this guy actually realizes that Larry Allen is no longer a top 5 guard in the league anymore.
And Favre is a top 5 QB?
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I posted this about a week ago. It wpuld seem we agree on most of the selections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
Here is my current 2nd round dream team. One could argue that it is as good as the first round dream team. As far as ever goes I'd be hard pressed to go against Favre

QB - Brees
RB - Portis
WR - Boldin
WR - Johnson
TE - Crumpler
OT - McNeill
OT - Jansen
OG - Steinback
OG - Randy Thomas
C - Gurode
DE - Schobel
DE - Umenyiora
DT - Rogers
DT - Griffin
OLB - Dansby/Washingon
OLB - Ryans
MLB - Tatupu
CB - Lucas
CB - Mathis
FS - Dawkins
SS - Wilson
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isaac Bruce anyone?

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
I posted this about a week ago. It wpuld seem we agree on most of the selections.
That is absolutely ridiculous putting Brees ahead of Favre. You could hate the Packers with passion, but that is crazy talk. 1 has won a SB and been to another, the other has not. 1 has 3 MVPs, the other 0. 1 has 414 TDs, the other 106. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
That is absolutely ridiculous putting Brees ahead of Favre. You could hate the Packers with passion, but that is crazy talk. 1 has won a SB and been to another, the other has not. 1 has 3 MVPs, the other 0. 1 has 414 TDs, the other 106. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.
I think he was going for a team that would be the best currently.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

KR -- Devin Hester (57, Chicago Bears, 2006)

After looking, I felt like a dork as they already included him.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Last edited by DaBears9654 : 04-19-2007 at 10:27 PM.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Maybe he was going with current abilities.

All time no doubt i'd go with Favre. But as of this moment Brees is in his prime, while Favre is at his decline.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, got it.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
And Favre is a top 5 QB?
Top two playing who were picked in the second round. Allen isn't even that.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jason Taylor for a second round DE ?

Simms OG for miami for a decade and pro bowler many times over was a 2nd rounder too
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Lecharles Bentley
Sam Cowart
Patrick Surtain
Samari Rolle
Jamie Sharper
Tiki Barber
Corey Dillon
Sam Madison
Darren Sharper

Samari Rolle shouldn't on a list of all pro palyers, if your looking at there last few seasons in the NFL.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty good list

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

He is still young but Marcus McNeill played very well. Another Charger that was a second rounder is Jamal Williams. He was a supplemental pick in 98'.
defensiveback23 is offline   Reply With Quote