Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-20-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.
Default Desktop Tower Defense

http://www.handdrawngames.com

Its a very fun and addicting game where you try to use different towers to kill "creeps". Trust me, it takes a lot of strategy.

Though I'd recommend you start on easy mode, if you play on medium or hard mode you can submit your score and compare it with only NFLDCers. To do that, enter your name, click submit, then type in NFLDC when you choose which group to submit your score to. Once your score has been submitted, others can see what score you got and which maze you used (it is beneficial to make a long, winding path in order to kill the creeps effectively).

If anybody has any questions about the game post them here and I'll try to answer them.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

took me a minute, but i got a good hold of easy

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still havent beat a boss!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I still havent beat a boss!
Do you mean the level 48 and 49 bosses or any of the bosses at all?

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Pretty fun and addicting game, but once you get to around level 40, it gets ridiculously hard

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is hard but fun, I just made like a straight pathway of towers is that the way to go? Should I go mainly water towers or pelet? I havnt beaten any boss either?
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
This game is hard but fun, I just made like a straight pathway of towers is that the way to go? Should I go mainly water towers or pelet? I havnt beaten any boss either?
Make a long path that the creeps have to follow.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wind them around, go side to side and stuff
No i cant beat any bosses, im slow to learning video games, but gimme a week and i'll be doing medium/hard

I hate how you get so far and loose, its discouraging and makes you wanna take a break

Old 04-21-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am dominating now/
Old 04-21-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Your playing on easy right? Did you get to level 40?

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

I got a typhoon tower, they cant get passed me :)
Old 04-21-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

Im at lvl 33 and pwning
Old 04-21-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

got to level 45

Old 04-21-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

I beat the game on easy, woo

What are special about the immunes? Can they not get frozen or something?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I got a typhoon tower, they cant get passed me :)
dude how do you do that???

Old 04-21-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im at 36 and startin to get bored

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

click on a water tower and keep upgrading it
Old 04-21-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
click on a water tower and keep upgrading it
oh...to what level, cuz i have one of mine at 4 i think

Old 04-21-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
dude how do you do that???
You upgrade a squirt tower all the way (to upgrade a tower click on it and press U, but it costs money)

For those who dont know which maze to make, you want a long, winding maze. When the creeps turn, they stop briefly, making a long maze with as many turns as possible the best possible maze.

As for which towers to use, get 1 or 2 dart towers and upgrade them all the way (upgrade one fully and then concentrate on the other). Afterwards, upgrade 4 or 5 squirt towers into typhoon towers (which will take the entire game because the last upgrade costs 290 gold). Be sure to upgrade anti-air towers and freeze towers progressively along the way.

If you click on the group scores tab on the top, then search for NFLDC, then click on Tubby, you can see my map, which can act as an example map for new players. It is not a perfect maze, it is just an ok maze, but it is a good example.

I looked at the other submitted maps, and I noticed a couple common mistakes. You shouldnt upgrade every tower you build, its a waste of money and less powerful than upgrading a few select towers all the way. Also, it isnt necessary to build a complete maze, if you make a few powerful towers at the beginning of the maze the creeps will never reach the end anyway.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have the worst score because i tried hard first, that hurt
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Nevermind .

Last edited by neko4 : 04-21-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh I was one upgrade away, when we click on the link are we already apart of the NFLDC group?
No, after you submit your score there is a box to enter which group you want to submit to.

On one of my maps, there arent any swarm towers. This is because I sold them after level 49. Having swarm towers is a very good idea, they are just useless for level 50.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

the anomyous person who got 5000 on hard is me...I wish

jk

Old 04-21-2007, 02:49 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this game is so hard
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:37 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are my easy screenshots...

Medium is a bigger step than I thought it would be...I f'd up badly at first...2 Lines...I tried twice and am going to bed...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote