Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-20-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Interesting CB rankings

http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/cb

From Gil Brandt

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Leon Hall
3. Aaron Ross
4. Eric Wright
5. Marcus McCauley
6. Chris Houston

Very interesting. He has been scouting for years. Maybe he sees something everyone else missed.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post

From Gil Brandt

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Leon Hall
3. Aaron Ross
4. Eric Wright
5. Marcus McCauley
6. Chris Houston

Very interesting. He has been scouting for years. Maybe he sees something everyone else missed.
I've been saying Houston has been overrated for awhile.

Quote:
Chris Houston

I'm surprised to see everyone so high on Houston around the boards. I agree from a upside prospective he might have a notch above the other three. But he really isn't close to the same as the other three in the mental part of the game. When watching Houston play I couldn't help but notice he was constantly locking on to WR's and running with them. This isn't a huge problem...but I would have liked to see him read and react more rather then just use his raw talent to cover. If he is gonna turn and run with WR's in the NFL you are gonna see plenty of illegal contact and pass interference called.

But this isn't his only knock...he always seemed to shy away from the RB when they swept to his side. He doesn't shed blocks...which isn't a huge knock...but running around them and putting his head down when diving at a backs feet is. When beat he seems to give up...we all know he has the speed to recover...but he just doesn't seem to be consistant in the aspect...I also will knock his backpedal. Houston has great straightline speed. So great that he will use it at every chance he gets. Which means he breaks out of his backpedal to early from time to time to turn and run with the wr...rather then sitting down and his backpedal waiting for a WR to break. Some of this might have to do with his lack of anticipation...its hard to tell. But from a NFL ready standpoint I think his is 2nd tier to the other top 3 guys.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston is sooooooo overrated imo.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Houston is sooooooo overrated imo.
Way to go out of your way an elaborate.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing this thread reminds of how much i hate Pat Kirwan

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post

From Gil Brandt

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Leon Hall
3. Aaron Ross
4. Eric Wright
5. Marcus McCauley
6. Chris Houston

Houston is a wildcard. If he didn't put on a show at the combine, he'd be a probable day one guy. People year after year make the mistake of falling in love with measurables.

Not saying Houston will be bad, I personally have him at #3, but he is a gamble, a big one too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Houston is a wildcard. If he didn't put on a show at the combine, he'd be a probable day one guy. People year after year make the mistake of falling in love with measurables.

Not saying Houston will be bad, I personally have him at #3, but he is a gamble, a big one too.
ya hes my #3 also behind hall and revis. I dont know i think houston will be a good player- he may b a bit overrated and not necessarily worthy of the #20 pick but he has shutdown potential and i believe he will be a very good nfl player personally.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandt also has Poz as the #3 OLB and Okoye the 5th best DL, so I guess he sees something everyone else doesn't right?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Brandt also has Poz as the #3 OLB and Okoye the 5th best DL, so I guess he sees something everyone else doesn't right?
Apparently. He is a very respected scout and has been around the league for many many years. I guess he doesn't like to just go with the flow and copy Mel Kiper Jr. or Todd McShay. Poz as the 3rd LB isn't outrageous by any means. Timmons and Beason are very good linebackers so it is arguable. I disagree with Okoye as the 5th best D-lineman.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Poz as the #3 OLB isn't that shocking. His upside isn't nearly as high as Timmons or Beason. But he is more of a sure thing.

As for Okoye as the 5th DL, thats a bit more shocking. Although I think this talk about him being a top 6 pick is a bit ridiculous. For me I'd value him around 15-20.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying Poz as #3 is shocking, in fact I agree, but a bunch of Giants fans seem to think he is far and away the #1 OLB
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Revis and Ross.

Wouldn't mind Houston or McCauley, McCauley in the 2nd would be a gamble, but could pay off.

Houston....he has the measureables, and he did shut down the top wr talent in this draft...but who knows *shrug*

I think CB is one of the few positions in football where measureables aren't overrated.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying Poz as #3 is shocking, in fact I agree, but a bunch of Giants fans seem to think he is far and away the #1 OLB
He is the most ready to play right away. Between that and the fact that the Giants have been reported to have spoken with him at both the Senior Bowl and combine, I think most Giants fans just want him to be the #1 linebacker. He is certainly the most decorated as far as college career and people in NY/NJ area catch a lot of State games.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I was thinking about this.

And is there much of a difference between Poz and Greenway?

I hated Greenway last year, but like Poz this year. I dunno, am I being hypocritical in that regards?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You know, I was thinking about this.

And is there much of a difference between Poz and Greenway?

I hated Greenway last year, but like Poz this year. I dunno, am I being hypocritical in that regards?
Poz is a lot stronger than Greenway. Greenway was just soft all over. Upper and lower body. Poz is bit more compact.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Poz is a lot stronger than Greenway. Greenway was just soft all over. Upper and lower body. Poz is bit more compact.
greenway is faster also

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, if I remember correctly, Poz is just a lot tougher than Greenway.

Poz reminds me of Zach Thomas. Greenway reminds me of.....a pooo c.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
greenway is faster also
Greenway ran slow as **** at the combine last year. I think he ran faster at the Iowa proday but if I am remember correctly almost everyone at the Iowa pro day ran about .15 faster than they did at the combine. That was a little fishy.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Greenway ran slow as **** at the combine last year. I think he ran faster at the Iowa proday but if I am remember correctly almost everyone at the Iowa pro day ran about .15 faster than they did at the combine. That was a little fishy.
Greenyway is a young Carlos Emmons.

Lol, I still picture the tree pic you made. Hilarious.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Greenyway is a young Carlos Emmons.

Lol, I still picture the tree pic you made. Hilarious.
I didn't make it. Only sutmbled upon it.