Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
wow I hope this happens but I doubt it.If it did Oakland could sweep KC.
Don't get your hopes up.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
G-Starr
Rookie

G-Starr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's too good. Won't happen.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC could trade LJ, but they likely won't get equivalent present value for him. In terms of future monies and the risk that his career won't go much longer (not saying he won't be successful), they could end up pretty well in the future if they can get a significant package of picks. If someone offered KC a Hershel Walker or Ricky Williams type package of picks, KC would have to let him go.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Reportedly the Packers have made an offer for LJ, but it's premium content:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&...f 638963.html

Packers make offer for Johnson

Larry Johnson By Todd Korth
packrepted@aol.com
Date: Apr 26, 2007

PackerReport.com has confirmed that the Green Bay Packers have made an offer with the Kansas City Chiefs to acquire Larry Johnson. What are the Packers dangling in front of the Chiefs for the Pro Bowl running back? Read it here first, premium members!

*As others have said, I don't see the Chiefs getting the draft compensation they will be looking for in return for LJ. Teams just don't offer those Herschel Walker type deals anymore, especially when they will have to break the bank to sign him to a long-term deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this magnifies the point that the Chiefs are in a semi-rebuilding mood. I don't buy them trading LJ, but if they DO... who's left behind him? Michael Bennett? Not to mention trying to trade Trent Green.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
guruofallsorts

Wow this is getting serious...I thought it was a rumor at first. I agree that the Chiefs won't get what they want in return.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

According to Scout.com the Packers offered a 1st and a 4th.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel as if that would be enough to get it done.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 04-26-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel like LJ would want to go to Green Bay. Just a hunch. Nothing against the city, just thinking that LJ likes the bigger cities.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-26-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Chio151
Rookie

Chio151 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I don't feel like LJ would want to go to Green Bay. Just a hunch. Nothing against the city, just thinking that LJ likes the bigger cities.
Dude went to Penn State... and as far as football facilities goes, the Packers are near the top.
Chio151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chio151 View Post
Dude went to Penn State... and as far as football facilities goes, the Packers are near the top.
True, but he has said before that KC is too "small town" for him, and Green Bay wouldn't exactly be an upgrade in that department.

That said, if he wants to get paid, he should suck it up and go wherever.

Quote:

Old 04-26-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please be true....

I'm now actually hearing it may involve a swap of picks, not just a straight up trade.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Exactly my point. LJ has voiced frustration about the night life situation in KC. Then again, every player who really gives GB a shot ends up really loving being there. Playing at legendary Lambeau and with Favre might be incredibly tempting. Because GB has so many young players and rookie contracts on the books, they could definitely have enough cap to give LJ the payday he's really looking for.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Chief View Post
Easy ... there are a few places where LJ would be welcomed with open arms.

I think the Cleveland is looking for a feature back regardless of them bringing in Jamal Lewis because frankly in my head they are going to select either Quinn or Russell with the 3rd pick in the draft and will theoretically be a couple late first day lineman and a RB away from a solid start to a good offense.

I could see Cleveland making a deal because Crennel needs to win NOW to save his job and might be willing to sell the farm for a proven runner like LJ.

Another possible scenario I see is the NYG. They recently lost a stud RB in Tiki Barber and to my knowledge haven't really replaced him and with LJ's fascination with Jay-Z and Roc a Fella and all that I could see him very appreciative of a trade the big apple because he spends most of his time there anyways when he's not playing football.

Those are two possible locations and if given time I could probably come up with more.

Out.
NYG wont happen they got reuben droughns and his undeservidley large contract already, sorry.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Larry Johnson, draft Marshawn Lynch, lose only a little production. I would pull the trigger, just like Bill Polian did twice.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

See, I would too Shiver. But I don't believe that KC would take that.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King Carl will demand some outrageous offer, no doubt.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It wouldn't be the worst idea to get maximum return for LJ now after a season of really significant workload. If he's a problem child and is going to be a cap-breaker next offseason, why not add another first rounder, replace him via the draft, and go for the future with Croyle and more picks to solidify the D? It's a ballsy strategy, but I think it might work out for them.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chio151 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
True, but he has said before that KC is too "small town" for him, and Green Bay wouldn't exactly be an upgrade in that department.

That said, if he wants to get paid, he should suck it up and go wherever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

Shiver, in your opinion, what would it take to pry him loose?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think so. Peterson likes LJ because he drafted him, but I don't think he wants to give LT money to a guy that could start to breakdown any year now.

That said, it is Carl, so you never know.

Quote:

Old 04-26-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

King Carl wants a 2nd round pick for a 37 year old QB, coming off a major concussion. Taking that into account, I shudder to think what he will demand for their best player. Albeit disgruntled, best player.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trade Larry Johnson, draft Marshawn Lynch, lose only a little production. I would pull the trigger, just like Bill Polian did twice.
A little? What are you talking about? LJ rushed for at least 1,700 yards and 17 touchdowns a year the last two years. You can't possibly say a prospect will already "only a little" less productive than one of the top two or three running backs in the league.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

could herman edwards get corey dillon to play for him?
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
could herman edwards get corey dillon to play for him?
I think Dillon is officially done.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
It wouldn't be the worst idea to get maximum return for LJ now after a season of really significant workload. If he's a problem child and is going to be a cap-breaker next offseason, why not add another first rounder, replace him via the draft, and go for the future with Croyle and more picks to solidify the D? It's a ballsy strategy, but I think it might work out for them.
Agree, especially since the front office has finally come to the realization that our "SB window" is closed for the time being. Peterson and Edwards have acknowledged that we are rebuilding, so why not add some extra picks to further infuse the team with young, talented players. What's the point of having LJ and his gigantic contract on your team if you're not going to win more than 7 or 8 games?

Quote: