Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
A little? What are you talking about? LJ rushed for at least 1,700 yards and 17 touchdowns a year the last two years. You can't possibly say a prospect will already "only a little" less productive than one of the top two or three running backs in the league.
The Colts traded Marshall Faulk, drafted Edgerrin James, and did just fine. Then, as James aged, they let him walk, drafted Joe Addai.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
King Carl wants a 2nd round pick for a 37 year old QB, coming off a major concussion. Taking that into account, I shudder to think what he will demand for their best player. Albeit disgruntled, best player.
Let's not forget that Miami gave the Eagles a second rounder for AJ Feeley. Judging by that, I'm guessing that Trent Green could also be worth a #2.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
King Carl wants a 2nd round pick for a 37 year old QB, coming off a major concussion. Taking that into account, I shudder to think what he will demand for their best player. Albeit disgruntled, best player.
He's just doing that for negotiation purposes; he's not naive enough to demand a 2nd rounder or nothing.

He says he wants a 2nd, Miami says they will give up 7th, and they work out a deal somewhere in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the right playcalling and health along the offensive line, any quality rookie could turn out production very close to that of LJ in any given year. RB's are often the product of a system, and there are plenty of RB's out there. LJ will be demanding LT-type money next offseason, and I don't know that the Chiefs will want to pay that. If they really don't, his value is highest now. He has had the 1700/17 or more for 2 years and is still in his prime. Once he starts chirping about his contract to the media, teams will give lowball offers to get LJ because they'll "smell blood" and want to capitalize.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-26-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
Agree, especially since the front office has finally come to the realization that our "SB window" is closed for the time being. Peterson and Edwards have acknowledged that we are rebuilding, so why not add some extra picks to further infuse the team with young, talented players. What's the point of having LJ and his gigantic contract on your team if you're not going to win more than 7 or 8 games?
Exactly. I think this trade would be perfect for both teams.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now PFT is saying that the Packers would not have had permission to talk to LJ so this trade may be unaccurate.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Now PFT is saying that the Packers would not have had permission to talk to LJ so this trade may be inaccurate.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

to be fair, it was actually scout.com's article they posted.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well think about it. Would the Packers trade for LJ without being able to discuss a new contract with him? and yeah PFT was not the first source to report this.

they get smoked.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Title makes a pretty good point at this time. However, if the teams were close to a deal, then they would absolutely be in discussions about a new contract.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Well think about it. Would the Packers trade for LJ without being able to discuss a new contract with him? and yeah PFT was not the first source to report this.
I wasn't refuting what they were saying. I was simply pointing out the irony of PFT calling someone else out on false rumor mongering.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Well, when you make your living throwing every piece of crap you find at the wall, then taking glorious credit when something sticks, you automatically get the right to call out other news organizations for stealing your strategy. PFT is a joke.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Running backs are not worth very much right now. They are very expendable. KC wants to get rid of him in a trade because they don't want to pay him the money he will eventually demand. I bet they can get a 1000 yard rusher in Tony Hunt (another bruiser from Penn. State) in the second round.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

KC probably doesn't want to let anything be known publicly until it happens, they don't have to tell anybody anything, or perhaps wait until the draft to even complete a trade in hopes of getting a better offer. Nobody said a contract or even a deal was finalized.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

whatever happened to Priest, I thought he was coming back this year? if so, maybe they dont need LJ and let his attitude and wants for more money walk - i mean, denver doesnt pay their backs big time money, and they still get 1000 yards out of the next guy.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Priest met Aso.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinar View Post
whatever happened to Priest, I thought he was coming back this year? if so, maybe they dont need LJ and let his attitude and wants for more money walk - i mean, denver doesnt pay their backs big time money, and they still get 1000 yards out of the next guy.
How old do you think Priest Holmes is? He is not coming back unless KC brings Mike Garrett back too.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Homicide
Rookie

Homicide hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It wont happen.
Homicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i propse a trade. GiantRutgers Fan for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinar View Post
Priest is sitting at home collecting millions while half heartly rehabilitating from an injury. As for Denver they can get 1,000 yarders anywhere, but with a great back they can get close to 2,000, like TD.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote