Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i agree that Ginn will be a bust and i also don't necessarily think Jarrett will be a bust, i don't think he will be great or good but a solid #2. i just don't like him. and i agree with that gonzo will be a better pro than Ginn.
I disagree. I think Jarrett will be a receiver in the Hines Ward mold. He's a little flashier, but he's a possession guy, willing to put his body on the line to make the catch. He's also a guy that you can rely on. Just throw it up and 99% of the time he'll come down with it.

He also has to learn to beat the jam.. but a guy with his size and wing span. That shouldn't take longer than camp.

I'm not on the "We need a big WR because the best WR's are big". I just love his style of play (See Ward) and his ability. He has so much upside. He's not Calvin Johnson, but I think Calvin is nearly maxed his potential, where Jarrett has been a phenom and will get even better.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i think after 10 years the list of first / second rd. receivers of best to worst in terms of production, playing time, etc will look like this

CJ
Dwayne Jarrett
Dwayne Bowe
Anthony Gonzalez
Robert Meachem
Sidney Rice
Craig Davis
Ted Ginn
I agree.... Although Ginn might be ahead Davis and Rice

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Sgt Pepper
Rookie

Sgt Pepper hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jarret, in my opinion, is the second best reciever in the draft. Regardless of how he timed he is a fantastic player. It was not a fluke that he had 3 years of productive football on a very high level. He never had a down year like many prospects and he was huge in big games. Jarret will not be there in the second for us and probably not in the second at all. I think he'll go much earlier (15-25) than people are projecting (early 2nd). If we somehow do land him in the second it would be a huge steal. He was the best college reciever in the draft. Not the best prospect, but the best and most productive college reciever. I honestly would not mind if the Steelers took him at 15 or traded down a little. I would rather have a linebacker but I'm not thrilled about any of them at 15 either.

Superbowl XLIII Champions
Sgt Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote