Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-22-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Middle Linebacker #52 Ray Lewis

With all of the RayLew talk going on, I thought I'd start a tribute thread to the greatest Raven of all-time.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Ray Lewis and I wish I still had my old Ray Lewis sig on my old account it was so beast

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a Ray Lewis jersey. It says R. Lewis. I wish I had gotten it now, because without Jamal Lewis on the team, it would just say Lewis. O well.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ray is arguably the best sports player in Baltimore history excluding Johny U.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think Ray is arguably the best sports player in Baltimore history excluding Johny U.
Your ignorance in not listing Cal Ripken Jr. is excused but troubling. Not to mention Brooks Robinson and Jim Palmer or a Lenny Moore or John Mackey. Ray is definitely up there in rank but you cannot forget the past idols that helped make todays games what they are.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Ripken is up there too. Mackey, Moore. They're all B-More icons.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Your ignorance in not listing Cal Ripken Jr. is excused but troubling. Not to mention Brooks Robinson and Jim Palmer or a Lenny Moore or John Mackey. Ray is definitely up there in rank but you cannot forget the past idols that helped make todays games what they are.
I forgot about the old Orioles, but I remember Cal, I guess it could go either way, but I am not a big O's fan so I think Ray is one of the best.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Cal Ripken Jr.
3. Billy Ripken (kidding)
3. Ray Lewis
4. Brooks Robinson
5. Art Donovan

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Yes Ray Lewis is a god. He's actually become underrated, especially on this board. No one outside of Baltimore realizes how much he means to this franchise. I love the quote in ur sig ERU, to lose Ray is to lose hope. By the way, the picture of him in the your first post is amazing. So crisp, and he looks so beast.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Ray Lewis, too. Everyone on this board seems to think that Urlacher is lightyears ahead of him now. They've forgotten how dominant Ray Lewis was, and still is.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I love Ray Lewis, too. Everyone on this board seems to think that Urlacher is lightyears ahead of him now. They've forgotten how dominant Ray Lewis was, and still is.
Yeah I don't understand it. People act like Urlacher is the hands down best linebacker in the game and no one is near him. Ray is easily up there with him, if not better. People just look at the fact that he will be 32 years old. They don't realize that he is still in amazing physical shape and still makes plays that he did 5 years ago.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urlacher is not nearly as intimidating as Lewis, and Lewis brings far more energy to the table. The defense feeds off of him.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think now Ray is still a elite MLB but his leadership skills are his best attribute now. Look at all the other D players that left for big $(Gary Baxter Ed Hartwell) and what they are doing now.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Urlacher is not nearly as intimidating as Lewis, and Lewis brings far more energy to the table. The defense feeds off of him.
true, he makes the players around him so much better and when he retires our franchise will never be the same.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And Ray didn't get owned by Tom Brady.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Spoken with grace ! The O's arent taking over for the Ravens anytime soon in popularity of Baltimore Sports Teams... but in the 12 years of being a 1 sport town they did a good job of representing the city well and Cal and company were consumate professionals, plus Cal is a born and raised Marylander...

No knock on Ray, I think Ray is in the TOP 3 behind Johnny U and Cal Ripken...If Ray was able to win another Super Bowl or 2 in the next few years I think he might move a head of one of those guys and be the most recognizeable Baltimore Sports figure...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Ray is the tits.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm pretty sure the dude meant Baltimore FOOTBALL history, cause who doesn't know about Cal? Seriously?

And I'm sure that the Ravens are more popular than the O's at this point in time, even though the O's have more prestige to the city(3 WS titles vs. 1 SB title), the O's are still on their 9th consecutive losing season, possible even their 10th unless we can maintain ourselves and our pitching after the all-star break.

But yeah, Ray-Ray is pretty badass :)
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about them O's?

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think he is a first ballot HOFer?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Without a doubt....he will argueably be regarded as the greatest MLB of all time..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

He'll be a first ballot hall of famer without a shred of doubt.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im almost positive he will be
he was incredibly popular and mixed it well with his talents

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its a no brainer yet the unfortunate incident in Atlanta will come up as a detractor.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

when he retires I am booking a hotel in Canton that day. I think it will be interesting who the first Raven to get inducted in Canton will be treated, I think that is Browns turf right there.