Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-22-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Round One CB

OK, IMO our top needs are DE, WR, and CB (not necessarily in that order, but that's how I would rank them).

With that in mind, who are your top 5 CBs, and which ones do you think would be worth the 19th pick?

Mine:

1. Darrelle Revis (I think he's a great all-around CB...I sometimes flip between him and my number 2 pick, but Revis could immediately help our return game while Pacman is gone)
2. Chris Houston (a bit cocky and overrated, but still a solid, solid cover CB. I really like him a lot)
3. Leon Hall (this one is tricky. I like Hall for a Cover 2 scheme, which we might have to run more with Pacman gone. That's why he's so high here.)
4. Daymeion Hughes (also a great cover 2 guy...just has rare instincts and technique. He's not fast, but he gets to the ball over and over)
5. Fred Bennett (I have this guy higher than most, probably, but I think he has rare potential for the position. He'll need some time to realize it, but by year 2 he'll start to produce)

Honestly, only 1 and 2 are worthy of 19th overall, IMO. I'd take Hall if we traded down a few spots. Likely, he'll be gone before 19 based on everyone else's boards around here. Hughes is worthy of a second round spot, and even moving up a bit. Bennett would only be a pick with our current second rounder. What's your list?
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going on talent alone, my top 5 is:

1. Chris Houston
2. Darrelle Revis
3. Leon Hall
4. Eric Wright
5. Aaron Ross

And I don't think Revis is gonna amount to much as a returner in the NFL. Solid, but nothing special. Bobby Wade-like, without the Chicago fumblitis.

I have Houston #1 because of his bigtime potential as a lockdown guy. You don't find many man press corners that can run a 4.3 that are as strong as he is. Love his bulldog mentality. Don't think he's overrated one bit.

Also think the top 2 are worthy of the #19 pick, but I hope we don't go that route.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need to pick the best player availible at a need position come draft day i think
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
e_miller81

I really would like to see Ginn or Bowe with our 1st Rd pick 2nd rd Eric Wright 3 rd Booker.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
we need to pick the best player availible at a need position come draft day i think
No doubt. I'm just trying to get an idea of where Titans fans rank particular positions where we happen to have a need.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to rank my top 5 CBs...

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Leon Hall
3. Marcus McCauley
4. Chris Houston
5. Aaron Ross

The only ones that I'd consider at #19 are Revis or Hall. I'm not as high on Houston as other people.

With that said, I don't see us taking a CB until sometime in rounds 3-5...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
iKNOW

revis is the best CB on the list - there should be no question.

never seen houston play but everyone is high on him based on who he played against. i've seen ross play many times and think he's solid. good coverage skills and decent stop at the line. he wont shut down one side by himself though....few CBs can. he's a dangerous return man which is the only reason he should be taken in round 1 as his coverage skills is just above average.

not a big hall fan. nice numbers from the workouts and combine but didnt think he dominated at michigan.

i personally like terrell brown from texas. the dude played with a bad wheel and still did pretty well. i wouldnt take him in day 1 but maybe 5th onwards. i think he has good upside and could develop into a solid starter as he is just as good as ross.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Chris Houston
2. Darrell Revis
3. Marcus McCauley
4. Leon Hall
5. Jonathan Wade

Although I don't see us taking a CB in rd 1, I could see us taking someone in rd 3 or 4. If Jonathan Wade or Fred Bennett is there in rd 3, I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger and waiting to take RB in rd 4.

I would like to see us do this:

1. DE/WR (Best available)
2. DE/WR (Whichever we don't take in rd 1)
3. CB/RB (Best available)
4. CB/RB (Whichever we don't take in rd 1)

Then we can use the rest of our picks to plug holes such as OL, DL, TE, maybe another RB, LB, etc. We could even use these picks in order to move up in the first four rounds. IMO, we only need to draft four players. The rest can be picked up either from June 1st cuts or UDFA. I just want to see us draft four players in the first four rounds and have them be DE, WR, CB, RB.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys need a CB more than DE in this year's draft. You can always get a quality WR in round 2 since this year's WR crop is very deep. Someone like Chris Houston would be good for your team. You need CBs especially when your in the same division as the offensive machine in Indy. From what I've heard, Houston also helped in the return game as well.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobertchin View Post
OK, IMO our top needs are DE, WR, and CB (not necessarily in that order, but that's how I would rank them).

With that in mind, who are your top 5 CBs, and which ones do you think would be worth the 19th pick?

Mine:

1. Darrelle Revis (I think he's a great all-around CB...I sometimes flip between him and my number 2 pick, but Revis could immediately help our return game while Pacman is gone)
2. Chris Houston (a bit cocky and overrated, but still a solid, solid cover CB. I really like him a lot)
3. Leon Hall (this one is tricky. I like Hall for a Cover 2 scheme, which we might have to run more with Pacman gone. That's why he's so high here.)
4. Daymeion Hughes (also a great cover 2 guy...just has rare instincts and technique. He's not fast, but he gets to the ball over and over)
5. Fred Bennett (I have this guy higher than most, probably, but I think he has rare potential for the position. He'll need some time to realize it, but by year 2 he'll start to produce)

Honestly, only 1 and 2 are worthy of 19th overall, IMO. I'd take Hall if we traded down a few spots. Likely, he'll be gone before 19 based on everyone else's boards around here. Hughes is worthy of a second round spot, and even moving up a bit. Bennett would only be a pick with our current second rounder. What's your list?
i agree almost 100% on your list, but the only minor change i would do, would be Bennett before Hughes.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote