Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-22-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 3 Teams Unit-By-Unit

Go unit by unit and give me your top 3 teams for 2007 (because it's only top three, chances are your favorite team won't be ranked in any category)

Quarterbacks
1. USC
2. Louisville
3. Michigan

Backs
1. USC
2. Arkansas
3. Clemson

Recievers
1. Michigan
2. Florida
3. Purdue

O-Line
1. USC
2. Michigan
3. Alabama

D-Line
1. USC
2. Iowa
3. LSU

Linebackers
1. USC
2. Virginia Tech
3. Ohio State

Defensive Backs
1. Miami (FL)
2. USC
3. Penn State
Old 04-22-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Arkansas backs should be #1.. Even though USC is absolutely stacked McFadden & Felix are already proven to be dominant in a big time conference.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How are michigan receivers #1? You guys have Manningham... thats it. I didn't think Arrington was playing this season.

Texas, LSU, Florida, USC all have better receivers than Michigan as a whole.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

TCU deserves some attention in the D-Line area, im not saying top 3 but i have to give credit to my team, but overall i like that list.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
How are michigan receivers #1? You guys have Manningham... thats it. I didn't think Arrington was playing this season.

yeah that was an extremely biased pick by him
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I think Arkansas backs should be #1.. Even though USC is absolutely stacked McFadden & Felix are already proven to be dominant in a big time conference.
That's what stood out to me as well. I'd put Clemson ahead of USC too and probably even West Virgina.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post

Arrington is playing this season.

But yeah, Michigan isn't #2. Definatly top 10 though as there are few better starting tandems in the country.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ohio state should have their d line up there. i don't expect you to say that now so i am not blaming you but wait until next year and you will agree.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
ohio state should have their d line up there. i don't expect you to say that now so i am not blaming you but wait until next year and you will agree.
ohio state was actually my #3 in my rough draft, but then the inside combo of Glenn Dorsey + Marlon Favorite gave me an erection.

Gholston, Rose, and Wilson is beastly though.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why even put USC on the RB list? Sure they have 5 five stars but which one of them have actually proven themselves?

rainbeaukid
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

While I agree that they shouldn't be #1, you can't really argue against that type of talent.

I would switch Arkansas and USC btw.
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Michigan WR pick is a little biased (and I'm a UM fan) unless one of the freshmen step up or Greg Mathews does. I'm a little stunned USC didn't make the cut, and Florida's aren't that great as far as I know. I think all they have is Harvin, and he's more of a do it all type of guy rather than a pure WR. Ohio State's defensive line looks very good (mind you their whole defense does) but otherwise it looks good. How could you not put Michigan on the DB list? We have Morgan Trent!!!!!!! ;)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

good list overall
Old 04-24-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javzz View Post
Why even put USC on the RB list? Sure they have 5 five stars but which one of them have actually proven themselves?
Gable, Moody, and Washington have proven themselves. Dennis and Reed are upperclassmen and we'll see what the talents of McKnight and Bradford can bring to the table. Also, USC has better fullbacks than Arkansas.

O, and I admit, the Michigan #1 recievers pick was a bit biased and shortsighted. We have one of the top duos, but not much depth behind them. Our TE is experienced but not much of a threat in the passing game.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ohio State will be #1 in RBs with Beanie Wells, Mo Wells, and Brandon Saine all having insane potential. Wells will have nearly 2000 yards this year.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Ark should be #1 in RB
Old 04-29-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

AT LB Oregon State has a better group than Ohio State
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas has the deepest set of recievers in the country. Sweed, Pittman, Cosby, Shipley and counting TE's Jermichael Finley.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbigbody View Post
Texas has the deepest set of recievers in the country. Sweed, Pittman, Cosby, Shipley and counting TE's Jermichael Finley.
Agreed. Sweed is the obvious standout but all of those guys can play ball.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Cal should be #1 for WRs.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
tdpennstate

I dont think michigan even has the best wr group in the big 10. Penn State has Derrick Williams, Deon Butler, Jordan Norwood. Michigan has the best wr in the big ten, but not the overall best group.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

why isnt miami on the d-line they should be like #3 or #2 cmon.
Geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Purdue may actually have the best Recieving group (WRs and TEs) in the Big Ten and one of the best in the country.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Gable, Moody, and Washington have proven themselves. Dennis and Reed are upperclassmen and we'll see what the talents of McKnight and Bradford can bring to the table. Also, USC has better fullbacks than Arkansas.

O, and I admit, the Michigan #1 recievers pick was a bit biased and shortsighted. We have one of the top duos, but not much depth behind them. Our TE is experienced but not much of a threat in the passing game.
USC does not have better fullbacks than the Razorbacks. Peyton Hillis is the premier FB prospect for the 2008 draft.
schmiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU should be on the list IMO for QB

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote