Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-23-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up Future Men in Purple

With only a matter of days left this is my final day 1 team mock of what I think is very likely to happen if there are no trades. If this were to happen I know I would be really pleased.

Round 1- Adrian Peterson
Round 2 – Dwayne Jarrett/Sidney Rice if he is gone
Round 3 – Jacoby Jones (Childress’s first reach, but I think it will turn out, besides there seems to be a lot of interest in him now and he probably wont make it to our fourth round pick.
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

....then again, maybe it will go like this..........

Round 1 - Paul Pozlunsey (OLB)

Round 2 - Kyle Young (C - to be converted to RT/WR)

Round 2 - part 2 (Trade next years second and this years 3rd and 4th) to get Allen Jefferies

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Old 04-23-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lol...for some reason scenario #2 seems more consistent with the train of
thought with the current group of retards.
I just don't buy into us taking a RB at 7.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way Jarrett lasts until 51, but I'd still take him!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
We pick 41 i think thast what you meant. But about Severe comment about not buying into a RB, The only reason why the Scouts has us taking him is because the BPA, we dont need one but he is a great prospect and will make our offense a lot better with an elite 2 back system.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

again dont we already have a thred for this basic idea "best case scenario"... anyways im not sure i buy into childress wanting a two back system he wants to take some of the load off Chester Taylor but i dont think he wants him to split carries with someone else, and its not like we should be in dire need of grooming a replacement for Taylor he is only in his fifth year now we still have a few years to find/groom one. I like the thought of drafting peterson but i think childress will use him to trade down if he gets a offer he likes if not peterson should be the pick.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I think if Jarret slips out of the first round we should trade up past the bears #37 and take him
Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Wouldn't this just be a case of trying to "scare" some team into trading for our spot should AD be the BPA at that time ?

Let's put this under 2 scenario's should that happen.

AD is available, and we take him.
Okay for 3 years he's going to platoon with Chester Taylor...maybe he
explodes and is a Pro Bowler in all 3 years.

[Are the Vikings the type of team that's going to pay a guy (who'd then be 25 a big time deal to stay ?) personally I don't think so. RB's are most productive when young..and though 25 doesn't seem old...when you start talking 4 year contracts....clearly that's big time money for a guy whose had the best years he's going to have. Pay him and you "cap criple" your team for a guy who plays a position where injuries and age are always a factor or let him walk and get very limited value from a top 10 pick in his draft class.]

Now let's say he's not a Pro Bowler every year for those first 3 years...and he's
very average...even living up to his "fragile" sticker and gets hurt in 2 of those years (very Robert Smith like if you ask me) ....wouldn't a little foresight be brought into question ? "how could you bank your draft on a guy whose only
"healthy" season was his freshman year ?"

or scenario 2.

Get the media machine to let the world know "you'll take him" at 7 in a draft that's very thin at starting RB talent...with 3 or 4 teams with legit
issues with their starting backs..in hopes that they'll overpay to grab him
before another team does or before you might.

This second scenario makes much more sense to me...the problem is , the Bills and Packers aren't likely to trade up because they have so many other needs and players will fall to them that they'd be just as happy as.
AND more teams are going with the ZBS which doesn't take a RB with superior skills...only the ability to run and make 1 single cut.

If the Vikings go RB (a disntinct possibility) then I'd prefer Lorenzo Booker or Antonio Pittman. Booker would be a great 3rd down back who has exceptional recieving skills and is an underrated runner.
Pittman reminds me of a young Leroy Hoard style runner. Powerful, not many shifty moves..but he'll get you 4 yards every play.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

the problem with scenario two is i dont know who childress/speilman thinks hes gonna trick, because with washington sitting right in front of us wanting to trade down badly any team who really wants peterson would skip right in front of us... thats why im confused and i really dont completely buy into either scenario right now, draft day will reveal the truth
Old 04-24-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I want to see:

1st - Brady Quinn
2nd - Dwayne Jarrett
3rd - Daymeion Hughers/LaMarr Woodley

Obviously those guys probably wont all be there but if we got them then I'd be happy. Woodley is a homer pick ;) but I think he will flat out produce. Alternatively someone like Arron Sears makes a lot of sense as either a RT or RG. Obviously if we draft a lineman he will start on the right because we have nothing there, may as well just have some guy off the street that holds someone on every 3rd play instead of paying our scrubs.

What I expect however is something horrible like this...

1st - Gaines Adams/Jamal Anderson
2nd - Samson Satele(to play tackle of course)
3rd - Chris Leak

That looks about right. Overrated end, center to play outside and an undersized QB with all kinds of problems. The saddest part is that I would expect Leak to start if we did draft him :(

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Lol I think wogitalia is still having last years nightmares didnt we already select those players last year

Greenway
Cook
Jackson?
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
kgformvp21

if we draft gain adams i give up are defense was first in rushing yards allowed. i think its time we go back adn build are offense. trade down take a good wide reciever.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
kgformvp21

patriots have 2 first round picks. we could trade down with them
Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Yea well that Rush Defense dont mean jack if we dont improve our pass rush because teams will just throw on us all day like they did at the end of last year
Old 04-25-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
secondeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
With only a matter of days left this is my final day 1 team mock of what I think is very likely to happen if there are no trades. If this were to happen I know I would be really pleased.

Round 1- Adrian Peterson
Round 2 – Dwayne Jarrett/Sidney Rice if he is gone
Round 3 – Jacoby Jones (Childress’s first reach, but I think it will turn out, besides there seems to be a lot of interest in him now and he probably wont make it to our fourth round pick.
I sure hope it's adrian, and I think it will be. Otherwise we might be looking at a corner. Rick spielman recently admitted that there are "8 blue chippers" in the draft, and he mentioned Leon Hall and Darelle Revis as 2 of them.

Man I hope we don't pick Hall. I'd rather have Joey Quinnington.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
secondeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
Wouldn't this just be a case of trying to "scare" some team into trading for our spot should AD be the BPA at that time ?

Let's put this under 2 scenario's should that happen.

AD is available, and we take him.
Okay for 3 years he's going to platoon with Chester Taylor...maybe he
explodes and is a Pro Bowler in all 3 years.

[Are the Vikings the type of team that's going to pay a guy (who'd then be 25 a big time deal to stay ?) personally I don't think so. RB's are most productive when young..and though 25 doesn't seem old...when you start talking 4 year contracts....clearly that's big time money for a guy whose had the best years he's going to have. Pay him and you "cap criple" your team for a guy who plays a position where injuries and age are always a factor or let him walk and get very limited value from a top 10 pick in his draft class.]

Now let's say he's not a Pro Bowler every year for those first 3 years...and he's
very average...even living up to his "fragile" sticker and gets hurt in 2 of those years (very Robert Smith like if you ask me) ....wouldn't a little foresight be brought into question ? "how could you bank your draft on a guy whose only
"healthy" season was his freshman year ?"

or scenario 2.

Get the media machine to let the world know "you'll take him" at 7 in a draft that's very thin at starting RB talent...with 3 or 4 teams with legit
issues with their starting backs..in hopes that they'll overpay to grab him
before another team does or before you might.

This second scenario makes much more sense to me...
Why take Reggie Bush when you have Deuce McCallister? Why take Joseph Addai when you have Dominic Rhodes. Why take Laurence Maroney when you have Corey Dillon.

Why take Adrian Peterson when you have Chester Taylor?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
secondeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgformvp21 View Post
patriots have 2 first round picks. we could trade down with them
You'd think so, but it's harder than you think. Teams want to trade down more than they want to trade. That's been reported by countless media sources in the last couple weeks.

I seriously doubt the Patriots would give us their two first rounders for the #7 when the salaries will cost the same or less, and in a draft as deep as this one, there may be better value with the two firsts.. Who would they even take at #7? I can see us trading down, but don't think it will happen, and I definitely don't see New England historically being the type of team to send over two late firsts for a top 10.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't understand the love affair with mocking AD in Minnesota. Chester is fairly young with low mileage and can catch the ball out of the backfield, which is key in the West Coast O. Take Landry, PLEASE. The run D was sick last year, the pass D was sickening. Landry will dramatically improve it.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

I disagree. Another safety (especially a rookie one) isn't going to Drastically alter our pass coverage.

An end or 2 who could apply pressure and force a QB to get rid of the ball quickly would help out so much more. In my mock I'm submitting for the contest I have Jarvis Moss falling to our pick....just curious, is he someone that fans would be happy with ?

and the "love affair" I believe is in adding a playmaker on offense.
I don't think fans are all that concerned with where that may be as long
as it brings a new dynamic to an offense that (on paper) is putrid.

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 04-25-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be happy with Jarvis Moss. He'd be a bit of a project, but I'd like to have him in the second.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

i think its a bit of a stretch if he fell all the way to us in the second but it could happen and he would be a good pick there but it still all depends on the first round becuase i wouldnt feel good if we left the first 2 rounds with 2 defensive players
Old 04-25-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdh87 View Post
I don't understand the love affair with mocking AD in Minnesota. Chester is fairly young with low mileage and can catch the ball out of the backfield, which is key in the West Coast O. Take Landry, PLEASE. The run D was sick last year, the pass D was sickening. Landry will dramatically improve it.
Landry isnt going to help our pass defense, what will help the pass defense would be a defensive end to help the pass rush... that lack of a pass rush was the main reason our pass defense looked so bad we actually have a good secondary
Old 04-25-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
Pittman reminds me of a young Leroy Hoard style runner. Powerful, not many shifty moves..but he'll get you 4 yards every play.

I love the Leroy Hoard reference!

Best (and maybe only) Leroy Hoard quote ever:

"I'm the kind of back that if you need 1 yard, I'll get you 3. If you need 5 yards, I'll get you 3."
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Ball control would help the Defense twice as much as the pass rush. Which if we dont address this offense we wont have to worry about. ZEven the ravens get tired.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:13 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

It looks like i was close, picked the first two, and my third pick was taken directly after us.........lol go me

oh and lol to the guy that said there was no way DJ fell to 41......i am glad we took rice over him though, i wish we traded up and got both