Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
I won't start pulling out stats either, that would just embarrass you guys.
How so? Everyone knows Eli's completion percentage was bad. I'm hoping and I think it will improve this year but that isn't the point. Bledsoe's completion percentage was a lot better, but if that doesn't turn into more wins, more TDs, more yards, and less interceptions, then does it really matter?
Oh, it goes much deeper than comp%. Everyone likes to point out his impressive totals of 3600+ yards and 24 TDs and tout them to high heaven, but (as I said in an earlier post) he had more pass attempts than any other QB with a .500 or better team. His per attempt numbers are pretty mediocre at their best. Also, if you want to get into more sophisticated metrics (like the KC Joyner variety) then it gets a lot more ugly. For example, he was near the top of the league in near Ints, as well as in total Ints, and he didn't have a porous line that allowed oodles of pressure to cause them, either.

But that's all I'm saying. Its not as if I am calling Eli a horrible QB. He has some strengths already that only a gifted few others have, and those have shown up big time on occasion. And you can't use the wins/losses as a fair barometer yet, because that would bring Kyle Orton and Byron Leftwich/David Garrard into the conversation. You guys did have somewhat of a cream puff schedule, that included 9 home games (an advantage that could have made up the difference between winning the division and possibly missing the playoffs), games against the Saints, Vikings (which you somehow found a way to lose), two games against the Eagles after they had fallen apart, and the entirety of the NFC West. If you want to point to one player as the reason for your winning, it wouldn't be Manning. In fact, he would probably be 4th or 5th at the highest.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:
Quote:
How so? Everyone knows Eli's completion percentage was bad. I'm hoping and I think it will improve this year but that isn't the point. Bledsoe's completion percentage was a lot better, but if that doesn't turn into more wins, more TDs, more yards, and less interceptions, then does it really matter?
Oh, it goes much deeper than comp%. Everyone likes to point out his impressive totals of 3600+ yards and 24 TDs and tout them to high heaven, but (as I said in an earlier post) he had more pass attempts than any other QB with a .500 or better team. His per attempt numbers are pretty mediocre at their best. Also, if you want to get into more sophisticated metrics (like the KC Joyner variety) then it gets a lot more ugly. For example, he was near the top of the league in near Ints, as well as in total Ints, and he didn't have a porous line that allowed oodles of pressure to cause them, either.

But that's all I'm saying. Its not as if I am calling Eli a horrible QB. He has some strengths already that only a gifted few others have, and those have shown up big time on occasion. And you can't use the wins/losses as a fair barometer yet, because that would bring Kyle Orton and Byron Leftwich/David Garrard into the conversation. You guys did have somewhat of a cream puff schedule, that included 9 home games (an advantage that could have made up the difference between winning the division and possibly missing the playoffs), games against the Saints, Vikings (which you somehow found a way to lose), two games against the Eagles after they had fallen apart, and the entirety of the NFC West. If you want to point to one player as the reason for your winning, it wouldn't be Manning. In fact, he would probably be 4th or 5th at the highest.
So the fact that he threw the ball so many times negates his total yards and TDs but not his INTs? Yup, a Cowboys fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So the fact that he threw the ball so many times negates his total yards and TDs but not his INTs? Yup, a Cowboys fan.

Good one.

His Int% was still way down the list. You could say that it does mitigate his Int totals a fair amount. I would agree with that, but then you must also remember that he had a good O Line who weren't responsible for many, if any of his Ints, and that he also was close to the top of the league in near interceptions (per KC Joyner), which means that he was the beneficiary of a lot of shody DB play.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 08-30-2006, 06:16 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

someone tell me why every week the another thread on the NFC East comes out when its been 10 years and only 1 time has nfc east made the superbowl
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
someone tell me why every week the another thread on the NFC East comes out when its been 10 years and only 1 time has nfc east made the superbowl
Actually, that would be TWO times (you should know that). And the reason why is because that's what people care about, you included, so ****.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 08-30-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
1-NFC East has made the Super Bowl more than once the past 10 years

2-We are talking about present day football and the NFC East seems to be the favorite for the toughest division in football for 2006
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-30-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
The Fat Kid
Pro Bowler

The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77
in his first starting year??? That is pretty damn good considering he led the 3rd highest scoring offense.. behind indianapolis and seattle
i corrected it

sig by CalBears99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I HAVE ISSUES!
The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like New York and Washington as 1 & 2, I just don't know which order I like them in. I am very surprised Dallas is winning this. They have the worst starting RB, worst OL, 3rd QB, and almost no depth at WR. Bledsoe is 3rd of the 4 QB in the NFC East. No team has a perfect offense, but Dallas has the worst. If they win the NFC East, it'll be because of their defense, not their offense.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is a good QB, IMO he's has more talent than Bledsoe and is going to have a better career. Tiki is more than twice the RB as Julius Jones and Marion Barber both. The Giants have a pretty solid OL, whereas Dallas has a BAD OL. The receivers are definitely better in Dallas, but that's about it. NY has the best offensive unit in the NFC East
Old 08-30-2006, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Eli is a good QB, IMO he's has more talent than Bledsoe and is going to have a better career. Tiki is more than twice the RB as Julius Jones and Marion Barber both. The Giants have a pretty solid OL, whereas Dallas has a BAD OL. The receivers are definitely better in Dallas, but that's about it. NY has the best offensive unit in the NFC East
alright....now read the previous 2 posts and tell me only Giants fans view Eli as a better QB than Bledsoe.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-30-2006, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good one.

His Int% was still way down the list. You could say that it does mitigate his Int totals a fair amount. I would agree with that, but then you must also remember that he had a good O Line who weren't responsible for many, if any of his Ints, and that he also was close to the top of the league in near interceptions (per KC Joyner), which means that he was the beneficiary of a lot of shody DB play.
Ok.

Eli Manning threw one INT for every 33 pass attempts

Drew Bledsoe threw one INT for every 29 pass attempts

Drew Bledsoe fumbled 17 times

Eli Manning fumbled 9 times

Some of that can be blamed on the offensive lines but don't try to convince anyone the Giants offensive line is something to write home about. They are solid at both G spots, but the tackles are inconsistent and C is average at best.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-31-2006, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good one.

Ok.

Some of that can be blamed on the offensive lines but don't try to convince anyone the Giants offensive line is something to write home about. They are solid at both G spots, but the tackles are inconsistent and C is average at best.
And that right there should invalidate the declaration that Bledsoe is a MUCH better decision maker than Eli Manning. The proof is in the pudidng, and Eli threw less INT per pass attempt than Bledsoe. Im not saying Bledsoe is bad, he has actually become an underrated qb, but he is being overrated by Cowboys fans. Couple this with the fact that Eli will only improve this year, and Bledsoe who has already peaked will probably stay the same, I'll take Eli this year over Bledsoe no questions asked.

Us Giants fans are always getting the homer finger pointed at us, but Id like to point out that we are not the only ones. Yes, we have some homerism, we evaluate Eli with some homerism, but we're not the only ones.

99% of the Dallas fans on here who constantly defend TO would not do that if he wasn't a Cowboy, and we all know this. If TO wasn't a Cowboy, cowboy fans would be ripping him with the rest of us. That shows homerism on their part. Making Bledsoe out to be in the same category as Matt Hasselbeck is homerism too. He's an accurate qb who's become underrated, but he is not on that level, lets be real with it. His immobility just plain sucks, I personally despise immobile qbs and Bledsoe is one of them. If you want to make excuses for why Bledsoe fell off the 2nd half of the season, I got plenty of reasons to say the same thing for Eli so that argument is a wash.

The truth is, Bledsoe only had completion % over Eli. Eli threw more TDs/pass attempt, less INTs/pass attempt, more yards and led his team to the playoffs. All in his 1st year as a starter. Key emphasis on that last part. Now Im personally projecting both of them to have great years, but to say Eli is far off from Bledsoe is not true.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:45 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good one.

Ok.

And that right there should invalidate the declaration that Bledsoe is a MUCH better decision maker than Eli Manning. The proof is in the pudidng, and Eli threw less INT per pass attempt than Bledsoe. Im not saying Bledsoe is bad, he has actually become an underrated qb, but he is being overrated by Cowboys fans. Couple this with the fact that Eli will only improve this year, and Bledsoe who has already peaked will probably stay the same, I'll take Eli this year over Bledsoe no questions asked.

Us Giants fans are always getting the homer finger pointed at us, but Id like to point out that we are not the only ones. Yes, we have some homerism, we evaluate Eli with some homerism, but we're not the only ones.

99% of the Dallas fans on here who constantly defend TO would not do that if he wasn't a Cowboy, and we all know this. If TO wasn't a Cowboy, cowboy fans would be ripping him with the rest of us. That shows homerism on their part. Making Bledsoe out to be in the same category as Matt Hasselbeck is homerism too. He's an accurate qb who's become underrated, but he is not on that level, lets be real with it. His immobility just plain sucks, I personally despise immobile qbs and Bledsoe is one of them. If you want to make excuses for why Bledsoe fell off the 2nd half of the season, I got plenty of reasons to say the same thing for Eli so that argument is a wash.

The truth is, Bledsoe only had completion % over Eli. Eli threw more TDs/pass attempt, less INTs/pass attempt, more yards and led his team to the playoffs. All in his 1st year as a starter. Key emphasis on that last part. Now Im personally projecting both of them to have great years, but to say Eli is far off from Bledsoe is not true.
C'mon, blue, I expect more from you. Those other homers I expected to throw out this drivel, but I sure didn't expect it from you. The bolded statement is not true. So, imho, at the very least the int% and TD% cancel one another out. Bledsoe's TD% was 4.6, Eli Manning's was 4.3. While Bledsoe's Int% was 3.4 compared to 3.1 for Eli. The yards also go to Bledsoe, as he had a MUCH better ypa average of 7.29 compared to Eli's very pedestrian 6.75. Also, before Flozell got hurt Bledsoe was in the top 3 in the league in ypa at 8.48. So that is not an argument you can use.

However, I would like to clarify something, my last few posts on this thread were not comparing Eli to Bledsoe, but rather Eli to the rest of the league. So I used some points that would have muddied the waters if you thought I was arguing the Bledsoe angle, please take that into consideration.

Also, you totally discount the impact that Bledsoe's line had on him as a passer. Take the second Washington game, for instance. He had two Int's in that game that were solely the fault of the OLine. The first was supposed to be a quick slant to the left side, which called for Torrin Tucker to cut his man off the snap. Well, he lunged and completely missed the block, barely hitting the DE in the ankles, which results in the DE being right in the passing lane. This is not a difficult block to execute, it happens two or three dozen times in every ball game, with the blocker coming out on top probably 90% of the time. So the DE knocks the ball down, right? Wrong. Somehow he tips it up into the air for an easy, easy, Int. Is that Bledsoe's fault? Absolutely not. He had to make a quick pass in order for the play to work, and was forced to trust that his teammate would execute his assignment. There is no way you can fault him for that. That happened twice that game. I could go on all day about this.

It is no coincedence that Bledsoe's Int total after 6 games was 4, or 2.0%, and in the last 10 his total was 13, or 4.3%. You guys want to turn a blind eye to this argument, because it substantially discounts the validity of your own. But it's true, there is no way around it. Drew Bledsoe was the best QB in the NFC last year in the first six games. It wasn't even close. Imagine, if you can, what would happen to Hasselbeck if Walter Jones went down. That is the kind of impact that Flozell's injury had on the offense. I know it's not convenient, but it is true.

Again, just let me state that Eli has a lot of potential, and might eventually be up there with the best in the league, but with what he has proven at this point in time, only a fan would argue that he is any more than a young QB with a lot of ability. Which is what you guys are, and it stands to reason that you would "take Eli over Bledsoe no questions asked". You believe in him because you have to, and I have no problem with that. Just don't go around say he is this and he is that. He may be eventually, but not right now.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 08-31-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

You can blame a handful of INTs on linemen and recievers for every QB.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 08-31-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drew Bledsoe was the best QB in the NFC last year in the first six games
Actually him and Eli looked pretty identical through 6 games. Again they had two extremely similar seasons. The fact that Eli is 10 years younger is the big difference, and the reason why people would rather have Eli over Drew.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good one.

Ok.

C'mon, blue, I expect more from you. Those other homers I expected to throw out this drivel, but I sure didn't expect it from you. The bolded statement is not true. So, imho, at the very least the int% and TD% cancel one another out. Bledsoe's TD% was 4.6, Eli Manning's was 4.3. While Bledsoe's Int% was 3.4 compared to 3.1 for Eli. The yards also go to Bledsoe, as he had a MUCH better ypa average of 7.29 compared to Eli's very pedestrian 6.75. Also, before Flozell got hurt Bledsoe was in the top 3 in the league in ypa at 8.48. So that is not an argument you can use.

However, I would like to clarify something, my last few posts on this thread were not comparing Eli to Bledsoe, but rather Eli to the rest of the league. So I used some points that would have muddied the waters if you thought I was arguing the Bledsoe angle, please take that into consideration.

Also, you totally discount the impact that Bledsoe's line had on him as a passer. Take the second Washington game, for instance. He had two Int's in that game that were solely the fault of the OLine. The first was supposed to be a quick slant to the left side, which called for Torrin Tucker to cut his man off the snap. Well, he lunged and completely missed the block, barely hitting the DE in the ankles, which results in the DE being right in the passing lane. This is not a difficult block to execute, it happens two or three dozen times in every ball game, with the blocker coming out on top probably 90% of the time. So the DE knocks the ball down, right? Wrong. Somehow he tips it up into the air for an easy, easy, Int. Is that Bledsoe's fault? Absolutely not. He had to make a quick pass in order for the play to work, and was forced to trust that his teammate would execute his assignment. There is no way you can fault him for that. That happened twice that game. I could go on all day about this.

It is no coincedence that Bledsoe's Int total after 6 games was 4, or 2.0%, and in the last 10 his total was 13, or 4.3%. You guys want to turn a blind eye to this argument, because it substantially discounts the validity of your own. But it's true, there is no way around it. Drew Bledsoe was the best QB in the NFC last year in the first six games. It wasn't even close. Imagine, if you can, what would happen to Hasselbeck if Walter Jones went down. That is the kind of impact that Flozell's injury had on the offense. I know it's not convenient, but it is true.

Again, just let me state that Eli has a lot of potential, and might eventually be up there with the best in the league, but with what he has proven at this point in time, only a fan would argue that he is any more than a young QB with a lot of ability. Which is what you guys are, and it stands to reason that you would "take Eli over Bledsoe no questions asked". You believe in him because you have to, and I have no problem with that. Just don't go around say he is this and he is that. He may be eventually, but not right now.
Fair enough. Its my fault that I didn't look up the TD/pass attempt stat, I made a poor assumption, so I was wrong for that. Yeah, Im guilty of projecting Eli this season, but like you said, I really have no choice as a fan. I misinterpreted what you said, I thought you were implying that Bledsoe was a much better qb than Eli last year, which I disagreed with. I feel they were pretty close in terms of play, with a sound argument for either over the other. Both will have good years this year, Bledsoe's year is more dependent on line play than his actual ability whereas Eli's play will be determined by how much he progressed.

While I agree that Drew's line had a part in alot of his poor play, it has to be noted that his poor footwork is just as much of a factor as his line. There are plenty of times when I saw him just stand back there and take the hit...he didn't even attempt to step up or move side to side like most qb's would. So while the pressure did get to him many times, its also his fault that he makes no attempt to evade pressure. Thats unfair to the line. I witnessed the same thing with Kurt Warner when he was with the Giants. He was similar to Bledsoe in a sense that he made our line look worse than it was because he simply did not make any attempt to evade pressure. So while Drew's line is to blame for some of his mistakes, its not entirely to blame, we need to give Bledsoe some owness for it as well since he cannot evade pressure. In a perfect world the oline will always give you time...but we don't live in a perfect world and Bledsoe needs to stop using that excuse and try to help his guys out once in a while by evading some pressure.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Drew Bledsoe was the best QB in the NFC last year in the first six games
Actually him and Eli looked pretty identical through 6 games. Again they had two extremely similar seasons. The fact that Eli is 10 years younger is the big difference, and the reason why people would rather have Eli over Drew.
Lol, I wish you guys would quit trying this. Through six games:

..............Bledsoe..............Manning

Comp......124...................103
Att...........196...................194
Comp%...63.3...................53.0
Yards.......1663.................1414
YPA..........8.48.................7.29
TD...........11.....................12
Int............4......................4
Rat(approx).100................87

I don't know if you would call that close, but then it wouldn't surprise me if you did.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 08-31-2006, 07:29 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Eli is gonna have one tuff stretch, i dont think he could handle it. I think the Eagles have the best offensive unit, they have a strong line a playmaking WR(stallworth), and a productive rookie last year(brown) and the best qb in the nfc east and don't forget westbrook out of the backfield,
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The old Bledsoe vs. Manning debate again?

Who was better last season? Bledsoe

Who will be better this season? Probably Manning.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
Ive never seen a young qb get so much hate in my life.
Maybe you should come to Jacksonville. Leftwich gets so much crap it's ridiculous.
Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of when I read what BBD wrote.

Most NFL fans would be happy to have a quarterback like Leftwich. I'm sure teams like Detroit and Baltimore, who have had QB issues for years, would be ecstatic about it. But a lot of people hate Leftwich, because he's the man who took Saint Mark's job.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Next season I will take Bledsoe over Eli and day of the week.
Care to re-phrase?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 09-12-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Washington by far they have portis at back three kick ass wides Moss, Lyodd, and Randle El. Their quarterback is above average and they have a steller line and a good pro bowl tight end.

The reason why Dallas is so high is because they have TO and Julius Jones they aren't as good as every one thinks. Redskins, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles all have good offenses.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
Washington by far they have portis at back three kick ass wides Moss, Lyodd, and Randle El. Their quarterback is above average and they have a steller line and a good pro bowl tight end.

The reason why Dallas is so high is because they have TO and Julius Jones they aren't as good as every one thinks. Redskins, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles all have good offenses.
Skins offense was poor last night. Agianst the Vikings D.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 09-12-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

The Vikes D now if above average they have good players on both sides of the ball especailly their d line young and strong.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Vikes D now if above average they have good players on both sides of the ball especailly their d line young and strong.
And the best offense in the NFC East scores 1 TD and 16 points against them? Come on.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED