Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: What should we do?
Trade up 7 50.00%
Trade down 1 7.14%
Stay 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Ciao Bella

Should we trade up?
Should we trade down?
Should we stay?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We stay if Landry is available.
Trade down if Quinn or Peterson available. Get Revis, Anderson, or Okeye. Maybe even Willis.
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't want to trade down in this draft. This isn't a deep class, and the talent gap between #8, and further down the draft is too wide. I would prefer to stay at #8, but I could live with trading up for an elite player.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I wouldn't want to trade up beyond #5. That would involve giving up too much. I wouldn't want to trade down below #15, that would take us away from the quality players. If we could offer the Bills #8 (for Peterson) in exchange for #12 and their 2nd, I'd love it, but teams will be very reluctant to trade up.

I like the position we have. One of Landry, Peterson, Okoye and Brown will be there, or someone like Adams or Thomas will take an unexpected tumble. I'd like an extra 2nd, but I also like the idea of adding one of those guys.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

yeah d-rod IMO the abosolute ideal situation at the moment would be for 'zona to pass on Tomas for Levi Brown and we take Joe Tomas, filling IMO our biggest need with a certain franchise player. Currently id say about a 10% chance of it happening but i think he is ours if 'zone passes
Old 04-23-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's tough to say at this point, it's all going to depend on what happens on draft day.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as Scott's draft doesn't become true I'm happy, but seriously I'd be happy trading up for CJ as long as we don't give away ALL of our high draft picks, at least leave us with a 2nd.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:27 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
yeah d-rod IMO the abosolute ideal situation at the moment would be for 'zona to pass on Tomas for Levi Brown and we take Joe Tomas, filling IMO our biggest need with a certain franchise player. Currently id say about a 10% chance of it happening but i think he is ours if 'zone passes
I don't know about 10%. All the chatter out of Arizona is that they prefer Brown, and it does make sense. It might be a smokescreen, but there's not really any reason for them to bother.

What we'd need to be careful of is Miami jumping ahead of us to take him. if Arizona do pass, they'll probably offer the spot to the highest bidder. The Texans won't have the ammo, but the Dolphins might.

I'd happily give one of our 2nd rounders to move up, take Thomas, and not have to worry about LT for the next decade. Then FS in the 2nd, pass-rushing DE in the 3rd, CB/RB/OG/DT on the 2nd day.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys should definately trade up with detroit!! lol
Old 04-24-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
You guys should definately trade up with detroit!! lol
If we can do it by only giving up two picks, sure.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If we can do it by only giving up two picks, sure.
Two second rounders....and your first

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
Well I count the 1st round pick to be a swap. So that isn't "giving it up," per say.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
Sure, but only if it's a 2nd in 2007 and a 2nd in 2008, not both in 2007.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Here is the deal I thought of, that might work;

'08 2nd round pick (Houston)

Old 04-24-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Indeed....
Old 04-24-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would rather give them our 2nd round pick next year.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Well in this circumstance; we traded Matt Schaub, and our 4th round pick, for the right to get Calvin Johnson. I would love that.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Yeah, but giving up OUR 2nd round pick would leave us with a higher pick in the 2nd next year, cause we'll have a better record than Houston. And why the heck am I stuck at 78 rep...I want 2 bubbles already! lol.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see what your saying loxy, so yeah we should do that.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Bam! Ask and ye shall receive.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Wow =) lol...that's awesome! Thanks =) lol. But yeah, the whole keeping their 2nd rounder and giving up ours, I think would be better, cause then when we beat them, it's like getting 2 wins, one then and one on draft day. Also would give me a team to root against =)
Old 04-24-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I want to trade up; whether that is for Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, or Laron Landry, and I am fine with it. As long as it isn't for a ridiculous rate. An elite player at OT, FS, or WR, would help the team so much.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I agree 100% They are for sure elite prospects, but I think Landry will be there at 8, don't want to move up for him. But moving up for Calvin or Joe would make me very very happy.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that Landry will be available. He could go in the 5-7 range, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona takes him, if Thomas is gone. Washington needs another safety, to compliment Taylor. Minnesota has a lot of mediocre safeties, so they could use an elite one as well.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Yep, definitely odds against Landry being there at #8, right now.

My ideal board:

1. Joe Thomas at #5 (for 3rd and 4th in 2007)
2. Laron Landry at #8
3. Calvin Johnson at #2 (for 2nd in 2007 and 2008, 4th in 2007)
4. Levi Brown at #8
5. Amobi Okoye at #8

Interestingly, Mel Kiper, in his latest insider article, agrees that Brown has massively closed the gap on Thomas, is rated ahead of him by some people, and will definitely go by #10 at the latest.