Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. CJ
2. Kalil
3. Beck

That would be a great first 3 rounds for Oakland. Thats if Beck is there in round 3, which he should be.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Beck would be an amazing addition to that team. Very good call. Some could call it a reach, but I don't think so.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I feel like Beck would be an amazing addition to that team. Very good call. Some could call it a reach, but I don't think so.
He's a perfect fit. I think he would thrive, especially if they bolster that oline and get CJ.

Beck's age is overrated. I like the kid alot, I think he's gonna be a steal for somebody.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very true. I feel like the Eagles will get him if he really falls into the 5th. Andy Reid has a soft spot for fellow Mormons. I'm not saying he will fall that far, but if he does, look for the Eagles to snag him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only question is, is Grove able to be the leader of that line. He was god awful last year.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

My thing is that I don't see the Raiders making that kind of leap of faith. Davis trusts upside early, but I think the cost/benefit would be nice for them.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
The only question is, is Grove able to be the leader of that line. He was god awful last year.
If that's the only question for the Raiders, then they should expect a playoff berth.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
If that's the only question for the Raiders, then they should expect a playoff berth.
Concerning if they were drafting Kalil. Don't be a smartass.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Ha. I think they have a lot more to consider with #33 overall. It is essentially another first round pick. There will be a lot of talented players available. If they were to go CJ in round 1, they may want to take the local (kind of) kid Edwards. If they go with Russell or surprise with Quinn or even take Joe Thomas, there are other considerations. It isn't just open and shut. The team has a lot of holes.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

If theres one thing I'm confident about going into next year is that the Offensive Line will be better. We actually have a qualified OL Coach, not one of Art Shell's poker buddies. We actually have a decent Offensive Coordinator, not the Mayor of Swan Valley, Idaho. Plus the additions of Cooper Carlisle and Jeremy Newberry will help.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If anything, Lamont Jordan should have a bounce-back campaign with help from the other RB's. The team has a lot of talent with Courtney Alexander, Moss, Porter, and Curry. If they get the right pieces to the OLine, a QB, and some defensive talent, they have a shot to not be the worst team in the league. That's kind of saying something.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Very true. I feel like the Eagles will get him if he really falls into the 5th. Andy Reid has a soft spot for fellow Mormons. I'm not saying he will fall that far, but if he does, look for the Eagles to snag him.
He would have to start right away though. Being 26, its not ideal for him to sit on the bench for more than a year.

I like the kid. I think someone can unearth a diamond with this kid.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

QB's can play well into their 30's, depending on their skill set. You're probably right about the Eagles, though. They won't have time to develop him and trade him if he's already 26. Still, he's the kind of QB who could be a very competent backup.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
QB's can play well into their 30's, depending on their skill set. You're probably right about the Eagles, though. They won't have time to develop him and trade him if he's already 26. Still, he's the kind of QB who could be a very competent backup.
Definately. And whats gone unnoticed is how Andy Reid's system in Philly is taylor made to get the most out of its qb as far as production goes.

I can't remember a qb, even a 3rd stringer for that matter, bomb under Reid.

He got it from Holmgren, they know how to develop qbs.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Well, Reid was on Holmgren's staff almost from the start. Holmgren learned from Mooch and Walsh. Lots of pedigree there. I figure that if Koy Detmer and Doug Pederson could start and not die under Reid's tutelage, than anyone can have success.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too agree Mike Williams never got a good enough chance here in Detroit, but the Lions will most likely cut him. If some team can motivate him, I think he has potential.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It's really weird that Mike Williams needs motivation. He always seemed like a hard worker. I felt like he had problems staying in shape because his body type is that of a much bigger and broader person. Kind of like a skinny TE. Maybe he needs to be used as a receiving TE threat. I think he fights his own body a lot of the time.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
1. CJ
2. Kalil
3. Beck
I can see that happening. Also trade Randy Moss and reunite Mike Williams with Kiffin.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Big Mike is also ina system that does not suit his abilities.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Mike Williams could get his attitude straight Sean Payton and Drew Brees could make him a hall of famer.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

i don't care who is the QB or who the WR's are because no one is ever going to suceed behind that terrible line, and thats a fact!
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wouldnt mind him but CJ would be a better pick up

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lane Kiffin has said before that the Raiders are running a hybrid WCO, they won't be doing just dinks and dunks, they will go deep.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the raiders really need another lazy wide receiver?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Wait, Kiffin is running WCO?

Then what the hell is the point of getting Russel?
well it can help because teams know you can go deep so they wont play low coverages. It only benfits the team that has a qb that has a strong arm.