Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-23-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
JGdovin82

I was listening to Jerry Jones pre draft press conference and he mentioned if a certian running back fell to say 10-11-12 that he would highly consider tradeing up for that certian running back. So using the draft pick value chart i came up with that it would take there first there second there fourth and there early 7th to come up with the needed value to move to the 10th over all pick. But thats according to that chart so i dont know how realistic that is. What do you guys think about trading to get Adrian Peterson?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGdovin82 View Post
I was listening to Jerry Jones pre draft press conference and he mentioned if a certian running back fell to say 10-11-12 that he would highly consider tradeing up for that certian running back. So using the draft pick value chart i came up with that it would take there first there second there fourth and there early 7th to come up with the needed value to move to the 10th over all pick. But thats according to that chart so i dont know how realistic that is. What do you guys think about trading to get Adrian Peterson?
I would love to trade for AD but, if AD did fall to 10... look who is is sitting there... the Texans. I find it highly unlikely they would pass on AD if he was there for the taking. There really is no way we could get AD in this draft. Now, Marshawn Lynch... it could happen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-23-2007 at 03:28 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
JGdovin82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I would love to trade for AD but, if AD did fall to 10... look his is sitting there... the Texans. I find it highly unlikely they would pass on AD if he was there for the taking. There really is no way we could get AD in this draft. Now, Marshawn Lynch... it could happen.
I agree that the texans at 10 makes it very unlikly to happen...
Old 04-23-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love to trade for AD but, if AD did fall to 10... look his is sitting there... the Texans. I find it highly unlikely they would pass on AD if he was there for the taking. There really is no way we could get AD in this draft. Now, Marshawn Lynch... it could happen.
I think Jerry is referring to AD, not Lynch. However, it's a bit wishful thinking on his part, but definately within the realm of happening. I could easily see Houston trading down. Especially if we threw in Julius Jones and our first rounder. Houston isn't the smartest team by any means though they probably like to think so when it comes to draft day moves. Kubiak is a guy that feels any RB can come in and succeed in his "Denver" system. Spending big time money on a RB doesn't fit his ideology. It gives them a young promising RB in Jones and better value on CB where he could find one at great value at 22. There really could be something here.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think Jerry is referring to AD, not Lynch. However, it's a bit wishful thinking on his part, but definately within the realm of happening. I could easily see Houston trading down. Especially if we threw in Julius Jones and our first rounder. Houston isn't the smartest team by any means though they probably like to think so when it comes to draft day moves. Kubiak is a guy that feels any RB can come in and succeed in his "Denver" system. Spending big time money on a RB doesn't fit his ideology. It gives them a young promising RB in Jones and better value on CB where he could find one at great value at 22. There really could be something here.
I dont see Julius getting traded on draft day. Jerry went into that a bit in his press conference today as well. When it comes to Houston... I understand Kubiak is the man there but, to pass up on two of the best RBs to come out in years in back to back seasons? I cant see it happening.

With all this being said... if Jerry could find a way to get AD in a cowboy uniform... I'd be the happiest man alive. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-23-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
trademaster
Rookie

trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.

Mismi could trade down, also because they wont take AD, because rhey just drafted Ronnie Brown, and after AD theres no real value that they can draft at number 9. I think they want Joe Staley but he is a reach at 9.

Sig by Mockalicious

'''VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!''''

-Johnny Drama-
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont see Julius getting traded on draft day. Jerry went into that a bit in his press conference today as well. When it comes to Houston... I understand Kubiak is the man there but, to pass up on two of the best RBs to come out in years in back to back seasons? I cant see it happening.

With all this being said... if Jerry could find a way to get AD in a cowboy uniform... I'd be the happiest man alive. haha.
Kubiak was with Denver when they traded Portis for Bailey. They play the Colts twice every year. They want/need another corner more than a RB.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Mismi could trade down, also because they wont take AD, because rhey just drafted Ronnie Brown, and after AD theres no real value that they can draft at number 9. I think they want Joe Staley but he is a reach at 9.
Staley is another strong possibility.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Kubiak was with Denver when they traded Portis for Bailey. They play the Colts twice every year. They want/need another corner more than a RB.
Shanahan has to be brought into the equation as well. He was the man in charge after all.

Anyway, back to the Texans... Can you imagine the public out cry from the fans if they not only passed on Reggie Bush but, also Adrian Peterson? Also, that type of value doesnt fall to #10 that often...they would be crazy to pass on him.

I dont see AD falling that far anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-23-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Staley is another strong possibility.
Right now Houston's biggest need is at T. If Brown and Thomas as gone they will probably most definetely trade down in order to get Staley later in the first. However, I highly doubt AP is dropping to them. If he slips past Minnesota @ 7, I think that Buffalo or Green Bay will be making some phone calls to trade up.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Right now Houston's biggest need is at T. If Brown and Thomas as gone they will probably most definetely trade down in order to get Staley later in the first. However, I highly doubt AP is dropping to them. If he slips past Minnesota @ 7, I think that Buffalo or Green Bay will be making some phone calls to trade up.
Yeah, I also have my doubts. Especially because ATL would probably scoop him up if Landry is gone and AD is there.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I also have my doubts. Especially because ATL would probably scoop him up if Landry is gone and AD is there.
Depending on the team and the situation, I'd be willing to give up JJ, Ellis and a late round draft pick. Because I think we can get another OLB in round 2 or 3 to replace Ellis or add depth.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For sure ATL takes All Day if Landry is gone.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
JGdovin82

There once was a time when a man named Emmitt Smith fell...Stranger things have happened.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
There once was a time when a man named Emmitt Smith fell...Stranger things have happened.
Yes but, size and speed were an issue with Emmitt. AD doesnt have those problems, not at all. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-23-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
JGdovin82

Quote:
Yes but, size and speed were an issue with Emmitt. AD doesnt have those problems, not at all. haha.
But he didnt have injury concerns like AP.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
But he didnt have injury concerns like AP.
AD's injury concerns are terribly over blown, IMO. He's a cant miss... i'd be shocked to see him fall even to #10.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would trade JJ, 1st, 4th for AD...................

And I do think AD will fall to the Bills at #12, Atleast that's what i have in my mock draft.....

Last edited by KILLERSANTA : 04-23-2007 at 07:42 PM.
KILLERSANTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
For sure ATL takes All Day if Landry is gone.
Bingo.....
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO the draft woul dhave to fall lik ethis

JR
Adams
Quinn
CJ
Thomas
Okoye
Landry
Brown

if the top 8 fell like that we have a chance. But would ATL really take Brown over AD?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
IMO the draft woul dhave to fall lik ethis

JR
Adams
Quinn
CJ
Thomas
Okoye
Landry
Brown

if the top 8 fell like that we have a chance. But would ATL really take Brown over AD?
No chance, AD is too good a player for us to pass up on, great value and a steal at #8.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
No chance, AD is too good a player for us to pass up on, great value and a steal at #8.
I agree...i was just playing out the hypothetical...what would have to happen scenario.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
JGdovin82

Dont forget bobby petrino loves his old player micheal bush and he should be there in the 3rd round for them to pick and they have jurius norwood or how ever you spell his name as there change of pace back that would work well with a micheal bush... but AP is a huge talent that if you pass on him people are gonna relate that to the texans passing on reggie bush and no one still understands why they were did that besides taht the guy from denver turns sub-par running backs into excelent ones btu that didnt work all that good last year and then that brings back teh fact that would the texans pass on the best running back in teh draft class 2 years in a row? This is all wishful thinking though and im making excuses why dallas would be able to get AP.