Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-23-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up etk's Bucs Mock Projection (hold the applause)

Well I was really bored in class today, so here's who I think we will pick in all 7 rounds....

1) Amobi Okoye: A CJ pick needs no explanation, so I will go down the Okoye path. As you all know this pick could be one of several players or it could be traded in several different scenarios. Our biggest need is arguably (DE), and Adams is generally a higher-rated player than Okoye, so you might ask why do I think he will the pick? It has been well publicized that Gruden is enamoured by Okoye, and his age and potential are the deciding factors at this point. His skills and leadership qualities are reminiscent of Sapp, and Okoye gets the nod over Adams even though DE is a more valuable position in our defense.

2a) Anthony Spencer: With Okoye on board, this pick becomes clear in my eyes. We still need a DE and our coaches won't risk missing the 2nd-tier guys here. Spencer is the best fit and player at his position, so he is a no-brainer if available. Kalil, a S or a WR could be considered, but DE is more important and more pressing of a need. We will take one within our first 2 picks no matter what.

2b) Eric Weddle: I'm very unsure about this spot for us. We have many needs and many could be addressed here. I went with Weddle because of his versatility and value here. We need another playmaker in the secondary and he can play both CB & FS. Allen is fringe talent at this point, so Weddle can compete there or provide depth at CB where we tend to have injury problems and lack of depth. Weddle also provides return ability, and we lack a good one. I'm not completely solid on whether or not he will translate to the pro game, but the pick makes sense anyway. He's a proven competitor and he limited CJ to 2 catches for 19 yards in the Emerald Bowl as a Junior.

3) Aundrae Allison: After going defense with our first 3 picks, we need to get an offensive playmaker. Allison should be available and he is the kind of deep threat that Gruden likes. He reminds me of Galloway a bit and he's loaded with potential. He only has 2 years of experience as he came from a JuCo, and he will shine in our offense. Amazing production in his first year at ECU as a Junior.

4) Josh Beekman: Our LG situation is iffy and Wade is mediocre and aging. I have a feeling that Beekman will drop to Day 2, and we should snap him up We need more interior linemen, and he's a tenacious competitor and a good man blocker.

5) Darius Walker: This is somewhat of a controversial pick with Pittman still on board, but I think he will be a cap casualty soone nough. Walker is a proven reciever and Gruden needs a weapon like him to spell Cadillac in certain situations. He lacks breakaway speed, but we just need him to use his incredible vertical to catch passes. He's a rare talent in those departments.

7a) Andrew Carnahan: He's an undervalued RT coming off a major knee injury. We need depth at the position and we have not shied away from taking flyers on guys coming off injuries in the past.

b) Chad Nkang: A small-school standout from Elon who will have a chance at making the team as a WILL and mainly a special-teamer. I think we will take an OLB in the 7th as there are plenty who fit the system.

c) William ***: I absolutely love this guy! He's a way under-the-radar Cover 2 DB. He lacks size and has average speed, but he's a physical playmaker with great intangibles. He picked off 6 INTs as a Senior and he's also a good tackler.

Path 2: CJ

1. CJ
2a. Spencer
2b. Weddle
3. Ray McDonald
4. Beekman
5. Baraka Atkins
7a. Ramonce Taylor
b. Carnahan
c. ***

Note: Interesting coincidence how the first 5 picks were all on the North Senior Bowl squad......

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 04-23-2007 at 07:56 PM.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm...Good draft, cant really complain except for one pick. I think our LG situation will be fine. Buenning and Davis will be a great battle to watch and then both provide good depth for whoever wins the job. I could see Beekman being the choice, but NOT to play guard. I think center is our biggest need on the OL and the Bucs would put him there. anyway good draft and explanations

lol in my mock season I had us picking Darius Walker in round 5

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
hmmm...Good draft, cant really complain except for one pick. I think our LG situation will be fine. Buenning and Davis will be a great battle to watch and then both provide good depth for whoever wins the job. I could see Beekman being the choice, but NOT to play guard. I think center is our biggest need on the OL and the Bucs would put him there. anyway good draft and explanations

lol in my mock season I had us picking Darius Walker in round 5
I put Beekman in there because of his versatility. We could use him as a replacement for Wade or as a stop-gap LG if Buenning is not ready. I want Davis to compete with Petitgout at LT and provide depth.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still like Charles Johnson or Moss over Anthony Spencer. :)

and I def hope we can go the path of CJ. Man the draft is taking way too long

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-23-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I still like Charles Johnson or Moss over Anthony Spencer. :)

and I def hope we can go the path of CJ. Man the draft is taking way too long
Wow, can't agree with you there. Johnson is inexperienced and not very productive, same with Moss. I think they'll both be busts and Spencer is waaaaaaay ahead of them on my board.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice Draft.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beekman will unlikely still be around when the 4th round rolls around, but you gave us my boy Weddle so I am happy.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Wow, can't agree with you there. Johnson is inexperienced and not very productive, same with Moss. I think they'll both be busts and Spencer is waaaaaaay ahead of them on my board.
This is another case where I dont think you could have watched him all that much. Dominating type DE with a great range of moves....he had what 10 sacks this past year (i believe).

But i dont have the energy to try to convince you to change your opinion when that simply is your opinion (especially considering you already think they are busts)

Charles Johnson is easily one of the most underated prospects in this draft IMHO. Moss is the type of pass rusher we are accustomed to.

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-23-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Beekman will unlikely still be around when the 4th round rolls around, but you gave us my boy Weddle so I am happy.
His stock is projected at the 3rd round, but I have a feeling he will be overlooked come draft day and slip to the 4th. That's why I said so on my post. I wouldn't have him on there if I didn't think he would be available with at least 51% certainty. I still don't really like your boy Weddle but he fits better than any of the other safeties (Meriweather won't be available) and I'd definitely be happy with him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This is another case where I dont think you could have watched him all that much. Dominating type DE with a great range of moves....he had what 10 sacks this past year (i believe).

But i dont have the energy to try to convince you to change your opinion when that simply is your opinion (especially considering you already think they are busts)

Charles Johnson is easily one of the most underated prospects in this draft IMHO. Moss is the type of pass rusher we are accustomed to.
Moss is undersized and has not really produced the kind of play that merits first round consideration (7.5 sacks in his only year starting). He seems like a classic National Champion who gets overrated. Charles Johnson has only 1 year of experience and had 9.5 sacks, nothing to write home about. Spencer had 93 tackles, 26.5 TFLs & at leats 10 sacks. Obviously you haven't seen enough of him either because he is absolute monster all over the field.

PFW did a proven study in their draft magazine of how most inexperienced college starters tned to be busts or underproduce in the pros. Moss & Johnson fit into this category, but the funny thing is that neither of them are all that impressive from a physical/statistical standpoint either. Moss blocked an important punt, whoopdy-doo!

Give me Spencer, Crowder or Abi, all rock-solid proven college DEs over your 2 "boys".

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

wasnt it you that wanted Dan Bauzin over Anthony Spencer? especially because of production (ironically)

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-23-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wasnt it you that wanted Dan Bauzin over Anthony Spencer? especially because of production (ironically)
No, we all wanted Spencer over Bazuin, however Spencer was not available at our pick in the 2nd hence us picking up Bazuin in the mid 3rd.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

he still downgraded both Spencer and Johnsons production.

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-24-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
he still downgraded both Spencer and Johnsons production.
Can't argue with that.

I actually agree with you on Jarvis Moss and think if he can get his weight up to 260+ he could be a great replacement for Simeon Rice in the years to come.

Johnson I am slightly skeptical on, and think Spencer is a better prospect. That doesn't take anything away from Johnson who I think has potential, but I like him more as a LE than an impact pass rusher in the mould of Spencer and Moss.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Fresh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Garrett Wolfe if any RB,Walker,Pittman,Williams all the same type. Decent speed,hands. I want Dunn type
Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
Garrett Wolfe if any RB,Walker,Pittman,Williams all the same type. Decent speed,hands. I want Dunn type
Garrett Wolfe is not a Dunn type. He has little to no future in the league as a running back, even a situational running back is a stretch. He is going to have to make an impact in the kick return game if anything at all.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Booger
Veteran

Booger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Well I was really bored in class today, so here's who I think we will pick in all 7 rounds....

1) Amobi Okoye
2a) Anthony Spencer
2b) Eric Weddle
3) Aundrae Allison
4) Josh Beekman
5) Darius Walker

Path 2: CJ

1. CJ
2a. Spencer
2b. Weddle
3. Ray McDonald
4. Beekman
5. Baraka Atkins
Path 1:

Okoye - I really think that the only way we take Okoye is if we trade down. I am strongly leaning towards Joe Thomas or Brady Quinn being the pick at #4 (with CJ going top 2).

Spencer - perfect selection, the depth at DE is the reason not to select Adams at #4.

Weddle - another perfect selection, but I do not see him getting past the Pats and Chargers in round 2. If he is not there, Ray McDonald would be a great pick (if we dont take Okoye).

Allison - honestly havent seen much of him play, but a speedy WR is a need

Beekman - the Bucs seem to have some interest in this guy, and he would be a great pick-up in round 4

Walker - another great selection, provides some pass catching versatility out of the backfield. Gruden is a big Notre Dame guy as well (dont forget that if Quinn is on the board).

Honestly, if I had to map out my ideal draft, your path #2 would be real close. If we drafted McDonald, I would like one of Walker or Figurs ahead of Atkins.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I just put Atkins there to mix it up a bit. If we go DLine with our first 2 picks I would rather take a weapon like Walker or Figurs, but if we don't take a UT til the 3rd I'd like Atkins equally because he's versatile. Okoye is who I think we will pick, and to tell you the truth I don't think there's a chance that we take Thomas or Quinn. It will be CJ, Okoye or Adams.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Booger
Veteran

Booger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I don't think there's a chance that we take Thomas or Quinn. It will be CJ, Okoye or Adams.
Instead of arguing, I think that we can just wait and see on that one.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger View Post
Instead of arguing, I think that we can just wait and see on that one.
That's the answer I was hoping for.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Moss is undersized and has not really produced the kind of play that merits first round consideration (7.5 sacks in his only year starting). He seems like a classic National Champion who gets overrated. Charles Johnson has only 1 year of experience and had 9.5 sacks, nothing to write home about. Spencer had 93 tackles, 26.5 TFLs & at leats 10 sacks. Obviously you haven't seen enough of him either because he is absolute monster all over the field.

PFW did a proven study in their draft magazine of how most inexperienced college starters tned to be busts or underproduce in the pros. Moss & Johnson fit into this category, but the funny thing is that neither of them are all that impressive from a physical/statistical standpoint either. Moss blocked an important punt, whoopdy-doo!

Give me Spencer, Crowder or Abi, all rock-solid proven college DEs over your 2 "boys".
I like your mock but disagree with you on this. Spencer may be older, but they've all only been starters for one season.

Spencer
2005: 11 games, 23, tackles, 7.5 for loss, 3.0 sacks
2006: 14 games, 93 tackles, 26.5 for loss, 10.5 sacks

Moss
2005: 11 games, 25 tackles, 9.0 for loss, 7.5 sacks
2006: 13 games, 56 tackles, 11.0 for loss, 7.5 sacks

Johnson
2005: 13 games, 23 tackles, 8.5 for loss, 4.0 sacks
2006: 13 games, 44 tackles, 19.0 for loss, 9.5 sacks

Spencer may very well turn out to be the best, but I don't think you can say it is because he is more experienced.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Anthony Spencer has been a full-time starter since his sophomore year. He has 37 career starts with 47 career games played. Charles Johnson has only 13 career starts in 34 games, while Moss has 13 starts in 25 games. Spencer has started 12 more games than Moss has played in.....

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

If he was starting, his numbers were pretty low. I still maintain he only really came on this season.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticGator View Post
If he was starting, his numbers were pretty low. I still maintain he only really came on this season.
That's fair to say, he really didn't break out until he was a Senior. He was solid as a junior though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice draft, I wouldn't mind it at all

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote