Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-23-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default QB on at the end of the first day?

Which QB's do you think the Cowboys are considering in the 3rd rd.?
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No QB. What makes you think we would even look at a QB on the first day ,when we need depth at so many positions?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly? none. I mean you look at the guys we brought in and there isnt a first day guy in the bunch. As for who's gonna be available... we could possibly see Stanton and perhaps Kolb if he slips... but, i doubt it... they may all be gone by our 3rd... although it doesnt happen often, their is potential for 3-4 Qbs to be taken in the 2nd (Edwards, Beck, Stanton, Kolb)...so , that would really limit that talent pool at Qb and the right value wouldnt be available for us. That being said... I see a selection of a QB on the first day as a total waste of a pick... wouldnt make much sense at all. Even if your getting good value with a guy like Stanton, why draft him? We could fill more pressing needs than third string QB in the 1st day of the draft.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-23-2007 at 11:52 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

perhaps John Beck, Kevin Kolb or Troy Smith could be available, but I'd rather not go QB 1st day
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
No QB. What makes you think we would even look at a QB on the first day ,when we need depth at so many positions?
JJ didnt rule out drafting a first day Qb in his pre-draft conference today. Now, if there were any smoke screens today... that would be one... the pick would be a waste.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
perhaps John Beck, Kevin Kolb or Troy Smith could be available, but I'd rather not go QB 1st day
I dont see Beck making it out of the 2nd... his stock is a little higher than Stanton's at this point. Troy Smith? eww...haha... probably 4th round, I know the Panthers have shown interest. I agree... no Qb on 1st day... we dont even need one at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-23-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

see, i disagree...i think if troy smith is around they should take him

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It better be a smoke screen. I really don't see the reason why we even look at one. We have Romo and Johnson who are both solid. Now if we want a developmental one in the 2nd day then that's fine. But in the 3rd? No way. Atleast I hope not.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont see Beck making it out of the 2nd... his stock is a little higher than Stanton's at this point. Troy Smith? eww...haha... probably 4th round, I know the Panthers have shown interest. I agree... no Qb on 1st day... we dont even need one at all.
I just threw out the first few names I thought about
Old 04-23-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just kicking the question out to get some input. Like M.O.T.H. said, Jerry Jones is the one that talked about possibly drafting a QB by the end of day one.

Does it make sense to me? No

But strange thinks happen & I'm not ruling out anything. Especially when Jerry Jones is the deciding factor again.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1 View Post
Nice detail and analysis. . again why?

Troy Smith really? If that happens imma need to make a visit to Valley Ranch, and theres gonna be a big misunderstanding going on.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1 View Post
Why? exactly? His character concerns are really taking a hit on his stock right now... scouts have been questioning his drive and motivation. He has been noted as having a bad attitude in the interview process as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-24-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get a guy at a good value (at least a round below what most people think they would go, or Quinn at 22) then I wouldn't mind.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

boisefan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You know, Zabransky wouldn't be bad for Dallas to take as a late pick, he could turn out to be great in the NFL with some coaching.
boisefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan View Post
You know, Zabransky wouldn't be bad for Dallas to take as a late pick, he could turn out to be great in the NFL with some coaching.
No thanks. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-24-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan View Post
No, not really.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

you are all Z haters lol.

Stanton if he is still there would be your best bet.... but he might not be in the 3rd. Kolb maybe?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

nah you're just a "Z" homer
Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

Z is good, not great, but can be coached.

Kolb wouldn't be a bad pick.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

You never know, especially with Jerry running our draft.

How many of you would have called a TE in round 2 last year?
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gutierrez 6/7. Stanbeck 5/6. Zabransky 4/5. Stanton 3/4. Edwards 2/3.

Are all good picks if you ask me.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes View Post
You never know, especially with Jerry running our draft.

How many of you would have called a TE in round 2 last year?
Knowing Jerry all his picks with be SEC West and Big Twelve South.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote