Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-24-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vic Carucci CB Rankings

http://www.giants.com/news/special_f...story_id=25067

1. Leon Hall
2. Darelle Revis
3. Aaron Ross
4. Marcus Mccauley
5. Chris Houston

Interesting once again. I think ross is a good player but he is 25 years old and i do not want us spending a 1st rounder on a player of that age. I think houston should be higher

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, Houston and McCauley are in the same boat. Both are great in the measureables category, but need to prove more on the field.

Of the 2, I think Houston has a more polished resume.

I like Revis, Ross, and I wouldn't mind Houston or McCauley.

CB is one of the few positions where measureables aren't overrated.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How you going to prove more on the field than houston? he limted Jarrett, Bowe, Meachem to 14 catches, 168 yards and one touchdown.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
How you going to prove more on the field than houston? he limted Jarrett, Bowe, Meachem to 14 catches, 168 yards and one touchdown.
Too inconsistent. Yes, he's taking that to the bank, but he wasn't spectacular in other games.

I like Houston. Wouldn't mind if we get him. But he, like McCauley, wouldn't be in the same draft position he is in right now just based off of production.

He is where he is based on measureables.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think McCauley in the 2nd would be a steal
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:17 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I still think McCauley in the 2nd would be a steal
I agree to that, but I wouldn't mind trading up and giving a 6th or 5th to get Houston in the early 2nd's. It should be more like this:
1.Darelle Revis
2.Leon Hall
3.Chris Houston
4.Aaron Ross
5.Marcus McCauley

I like Ross, but he is really similar to Webster, and doesn't cover well, gives to much of a cushion sometimes, and worked in a bump and zone defense. He is definitely too old to select in the first for us, but in the second, he'd be great.He can kick return and there has to be a reason why he won the thorpe. Amazing instincts and quickness on the ball.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read some things that we really like McCauley. And I've read some things saying we wanna move back 5-7 picks and pick up another 3rd or 4th rounder. I really hope we don't move back and take McCauley between 25-27. That is too early.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I've read some things that we really like McCauley. And I've read some things saying we wanna move back 5-7 picks and pick up another 3rd or 4th rounder. I really hope we don't move back and take McCauley between 25-27. That is too early.

If we are that high on him I don't think I'll mind that much. I'd rather take the guy we like then listen to all experts opinions. Its worked for the Patriots lately
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
If we are that high on him I don't think I'll mind that much. I'd rather take the guy we like then listen to all experts opinions. Its worked for the Patriots lately
We're not the Patriots.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm. The only cornerback that I'd realistically be pissed about if we took in the first round would be Aaron Ross. I don't want to have a 25 year old for a posistion where we need some serious youth at.

McCauley at #20 is definently unlikely to happen, I guess if we moved back to say, the Bears spot, then I would be fine with it. Still, I'd much take the chance of getting him or Wilson in the second round.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I really like Ross as a player. I didn't realize he was 25 until about 2 days ago. Don't know where I was on that one.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Ross is my #1 CB, has been for awhile. He would thrive in the type of scheme I think Spags is going to bring in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Aaron Ross. I too would have loved him to be our pick, until I found out how old he was. I mean, cornerbacks don't last that long in the league, and certainly not at a high level as they use to (ala Sam Madison).

If for whatever reason he dropped to us in the second round, which is theoretically possible, I'd snatch him up in an instant.

I just feel we so desperately need youth for that posistion that Ross would contradict that.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we moved back 5-7 picks and picked up Chris Houston or Darrell Revis and a 3rd or 4th, then we could fill our needs better, but I don't think either will be there at 25-27, trading back seems good anyway because we could pick up a OLB,

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

MY HEAD'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!!!

Enough already....can't we move the draft up to tomorrow? Im all burnt out thinking about it.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
MY HEAD'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!!!

Enough already....can't we move the draft up to tomorrow? Im all burnt out thinking about it.
I hear ya. This is the way I was last year draft time. This year I'm a little more calm. I'll always have my favorites but I'm not stressing what the Giants do. I'm taking the wait and see approach. Last year I wanted Demeco Ryans so badly. This year I probably want Revis the most but we'll see.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I hear ya. This is the way I was last year draft time. This year I'm a little more calm. I'll always have my favorites but I'm not stressing what the Giants do. I'm taking the wait and see approach. Last year I wanted Demeco Ryans so badly. This year I probably want Revis the most but we'll see.
I have a mancrush on Reggie Nelson.

And after reading the nytimes article on Walter Thomas in the Dallas thread, that man just got a whole lot more intriguing to me. Im being even more tempted to hope the Giants nab him on day 2.