Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://mmafightline.com/news/2008/31...o_318666.shtml

Fedor possible 1 fight deal w/ the UFC!
Old 03-16-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fedor vs Randy would be amazing! It really does need to happen. Either that of Fedor vs Barnett.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Source: M1mixfight.com

Quote:
Interviewer: Do you care where you fight Fedor?
Randy: Well I care at this point that it's NOT in the UFC.
What an ass.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Source: M1mixfight.com

What an ass.
Why is he an ass? Because he refuses to be Dana White's *****?

More power to him.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Why is he an ass? Because he refuses to be Dana White's *****?

More power to him.
Dana gave him a title shot when he didnt deserve it. He gave him a fat 4 fight contract when he didnt deserve it. Randy goes and punks out of the deal he signed saying he only wants to fight Fedor. Now the UFC starts talking to Fedor to see if they can get Randy to come back and try to finish out his contract, and Randy says no.

Total ass.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Dana gave him a title shot when he didnt deserve it. He gave him a fat 4 fight contract when he didnt deserve it. Randy goes and punks out of the deal he signed saying he only wants to fight Fedor. Now the UFC starts talking to Fedor to see if they can get Randy to come back and try to finish out his contract, and Randy says no.

Total ass.
I agree to an extent.

Randy needs to just take the fight he says he wants. Live out the contract and be done with it. He would be out of his contract much sooner if he did this, rather than waste time with all this pending litigation. Time is something that is not on his side in terms of how much fighting years he has left in him.

Randy needs to fight in a cage under UFC rules if he wants a shot to beat Fedor anyways.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Total ass.
it's not only about the fight though. every fighter will tell you how they are severly underpaid. isn't that the main reason he left the UFC?

tito ortiz, hermes franca, randy, etc. have all come out publicly to denounce the UFC for underpaying them.

the sport is growing it should be able to afford to pay their fighters more.

think about the lesser known fighters who only get 1 fight a year.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ps. read hermes franca's apology for after he tested positive for steroids and you'll understand where the fighters and i am coming from.

EDIT:

Quote:
"In the next few days, the results from the California Commission will be released. The tests will show that I had a 'banned substance' in my system.

I would like to apologize to my fans, the UFC, my students and family. I offer only an explanation and not an excuse. I made a decision during a difficult time in my training for the fight that I regret.

About 8 weeks out from the fight, I badly injured my ankle during a training session. For the following week I had rested it, rehabbed it and tried to work around the injury. It was obvious that I could not train as required.

I contacted the UFC and explained my injury and how I could not possibly train to the level I thought I would need in order to be properly prepared for my fight. I asked the UFC if we could push the fight out to the following UFC with the chance that it could happen. They explained that they could not do that and that the card had been set and it isn't as easy as just moving around a fight. I totally understood their position. They asked me to keep them informed should I not be able to fight.

I had not fought for 5 months. Fighting is literally how I put food on my wife and child's table and how I pay my bills. As a fighter though, even at this level, I live a simple life and I literally live from fight to fight. Not getting a paycheck for another few months and losing my chance to fight Sean for the title was overpowering. Fighting is the life I chose and I love it.

As a lightweight fighter, our purses are comparatively small. The public sees the payouts. As lightweights, we do not pull down the money anything near the bigger guys. Its just the way it is. I think Sean fought and defended his title for less than $30,000. Its no one's fault, it's just the market. I love the sport, I love the people in the sport.

At this point, I was desperate and needed anything I could to get my injury as close to healing as possible and be able to recover from the daily training regimen I was going through. I made the shortsighted choice to hopefully accelerate the healing process and allow me to keep training. Under the pressure of literally not being able to pay next month's bills I made a choice. I had to fight and did whatever I could to do so.

I hope my fans, students, the UFC and the public accept my sincere apology. Whatever punishment is dictated by the California Athletic Commission, I will understand. I would like to get through this very difficult time and the times ahead and get back to fighting. All the best to my fans and much thanks to my family and friends that continue to support me during these times."

Hermes Franca

**Franca tested positive to Drostanolone. He has been fined $2500 and suspended through his licensing year which is July 5, 2008.

Last edited by soybean : 03-17-2008 at 02:02 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my top 5 P4P, please feel free to criticize it.

1.Anderson Silva-Just a monster, he could end up being the best fight of all time!
2.GSP-A total rape of Matt Hughes, if he fights like that for a couple more fights he may move to #1
3.Fedor Emelianenko-Could be #1, a lay off of not fighting top opponents makes him drop.
4.BJ Penn-Amazing natural talent, and the top155 pounder in the land, can also hang with the best at 170.
5.Rampage-KOing Chuck Liddell and winning a decision against Dan Henderson puts him there.

HM: Dan Henderson,Randy Couture.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=5926&zoneid=2

First EliteXC event on CBS is set for May 31st.

On the card so far ..

Kimbo vs. TBD
Robbie Lawler vs Scott Smith (Middleweight title fight)
Old 03-20-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
my top 5 P4P, please feel free to criticize it.

1.Anderson Silva-Just a monster, he could end up being the best fight of all time!
2.GSP-A total rape of Matt Hughes, if he fights like that for a couple more fights he may move to #1
3.Fedor Emelianenko-Could be #1, a lay off of not fighting top opponents makes him drop.
4.BJ Penn-Amazing natural talent, and the top155 pounder in the land, can also hang with the best at 170.
5.Rampage-KOing Chuck Liddell and winning a decision against Dan Henderson puts him there.

HM: Dan Henderson,Randy Couture.
I love Penn (he's my favorite fighter actually), but no way is he the top 55'er in the world. Gomi has a who's who list of wins across the board. Yes, Penn has a win over from 4 1/2 years ago, but BJ has not fought anywhere near the type of competitors Gomi has over the years in the division.

Also, any P4P list has to include Kid Yamamoto.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Kimbo will probably wreck some can and have people think that he is good.

MMA is becoming more like boxing, with EliteXC having a cable TV deal it will probably have more viewers, now when they see the winner of Robbie VS. Scott a uneducated person will think they will think he is #1 in the world, but we all know Anderson will tourture them and make them look like computer geek chumps who have never fought in their lives.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
I love Penn (he's my favorite fighter actually), but no way is he the top 55'er in the world. Gomi has a who's who list of wins across the board. Yes, Penn has a win over from 4 1/2 years ago, but BJ has not fought anywhere near the type of competitors Gomi has over the years in the division.

Also, any P4P list has to include Kid Yamamoto.
I think Penn will take any 155 in the world and many 170ers, heck you can argue he beat GSP so I put him there. You can replace Yamamoto w/ Rampage.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have expressed my opinions on Penn before don't think i need to clarify them, replace him with Kid and you have my top 5 P4P

Big Nog is making a push for #1 HW right now and it looks like he will continue to keep fighting top tier HWs while Fedor sits and waits for Couture

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I have expressed my opinions on Penn before don't think i need to clarify them, replace him with Kid and you have my top 5 P4P

Big Nog is making a push for #1 HW right now and it looks like he will continue to keep fighting top tier HWs while Fedor sits and waits for Couture
To be the best, you've gotta beat the best and Big Nog is 2 for 2 at getting his ass kicked by Fedor.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
I think Penn will take any 155 in the world and many 170ers, heck you can argue he beat GSP so I put him there. You can replace Yamamoto w/ Rampage.
Gomi has wins over the likes of Sakurai, Azeredo (who has a victory over Anderson Silva), Ludwig, Pulver, Ishida, Kawajiri, Mishima, Aurelio, etc.,

I love Penn, but he just doesn't have the credentials that Gomi has built up in the division to be rated ahead of him.

Is Penn more talented than him? You can definitely argue both ways on that and it would be a great debate. But as far as in the 55 division, he just doesn't have the wins Gomi has to be put ahead of him right now.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

on Tim Sylvia blog he said he will make a big announcement soon, plus it is rumored that EliteXC has offered Fedor a 4 fight contract, could we see Sylvia VS. Fedor?
Old 03-28-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=5978&zoneid=2

Sylvia out of the UFC. UFC HW division sucks.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=5978&zoneid=2

Sylvia out of the UFC. UFC HW division sucks.
It's still better than any other HW division out there...

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

not until CC,Fedor,Sylvia,Hunt,Barnett and maybe AA all get into the same division.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
not until CC,Fedor,Sylvia,Hunt,Barnett and maybe AA all get into the same division.
Don't forget Couture, Alex E. and Kharitonov.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Great fight so far between Kenny Florian and Joe Lauzon.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

great card, I am glad to see Hammill won!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Anthony Johnson is the biggest WW I have ever seen, 6'2 with 78 reach, wow.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson Silva is a BAMF.