Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i think the UFC needs to stop being a ***** and start offering more money to their fighters.

they're losing top fighters fast and now their heavy weight division is weeeeeak.
Who has a better HW division? The Affliction card has some good HW's on, but will they last and where is the depth? The UFC HW division still has some talent left in it, honestly only Sylvia and AA have left recently, and Sylvia sucks to watch. I'm happy with it.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am in agreement, the only HW whose left worth talking about is AA. Yeah Sylvia wins fights but for the amount of money he wants hes a silly investment for the UFC seeing as he is the least liked fighter of all. You pay him main event money, but no ones going to buy a PPV with him on the main event.

I think the UFC has done a good job of signing young HW's with LOADS of potential. The HW division might seem weak now but once guys like Shane Carwin, Cain Velasquez, and Brock Lensar develop, you are going to have a pretty solid HW division again.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cain has great potential! I dont think the UFC is 2 bad but it has room 4 improvment. Yes Jardine got $10,000 and Clementi got 40,000 on a prelim fight that didnt air. I think it is alright
Old 05-28-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 kenny florian...i just wanted to express my no **** man love for a killer fighter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Cain has great potential! I dont think the UFC is 2 bad but it has room 4 improvment. Yes Jardine got $10,000 and Clementi got 40,000 on a prelim fight that didnt air. I think it is alright
Clementi got his pay scale jacked up because he took that fight on short notice, thats usually what the UFC does when people step in for another fighter due to injury or whatever.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see, I know that fighters also get a ton of $ in sponsors and Dana does give them under the table $.

Anybody see TUF last night? Who you got winning it? I hope Galloway wins it, I think Gerald Harris can be right there w/ anybody in that house the way he was beating Amir or w/e his name was then he got caught.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see, I know that fighters also get a ton of $ in sponsors and Dana does give them under the table $.

Anybody see TUF last night? Who you got winning it? I hope Galloway wins it, I think Gerald Harris can be right there w/ anybody in that house the way he was beating Amir or w/e his name was then he got caught.
You mean Dolloway? I think Dolloway or Credeur win it.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i watch TUF religiously, and my pick to win at the start was Matt Riddle. seeing as he lost, im gunna go with jesse taylor, who is just gigantic and mean, or CB Dolloway. those are my two picks to win as of now
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Jesse does have great talent, just great natural athletic ability you cant teach.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahahahahaahaha

guy hit so hard he crapped himself

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs...805260324/1006

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

CB Dolloway was my pick from the moment I heard hes on the show, they put him on there to win and thats that. I find myself pulling for Amir to win.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kimbo is gonna lose

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 05-31-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

check that

they stopped it to early

kimbo isnt very good

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 05-31-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Kimbo isn't half as good as i'd imagine. He's crazy powerful and has solid striking, but his ground game blows. Had they got anyone with an ounce of talent to fight against him and with a normal, human ear, he would have lost.

This guy was throwing punches and elbows like a little girl.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

yea, dude had major cauliflower ear

surprised he didnt have it drained before the fight

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 05-31-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
check that

they stopped it to early

kimbo isnt very good
I don't know, if they didn't stop the fight kimbo woulda knocked his block off.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

still cant figure out why he didnt have his ear drained

you get it drained or drained and surgery to sew it back up so it looks normal

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 06-01-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or get it removed completely. I mean seriously, WTF, i doubt that thing even worked like a normal ear anyway. That ish was disgusting.

And yes, he was taking some shots while he was standing up, but on the ground he was getting owned. If he got him on the ground again he would have taken the decision.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

his ear was fine

its not like a cut that will keep bleeding; theres only so much blood in there

a lot of my friends had cauliflower ear; all you do is get it drained with a needle; it will fill back up until you get very minor surgery on it

it makes no sense what so ever to fight with cauliflower ear; to even let it get that bad is ridiculous

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 06-01-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Kimbo doesnt have good power, Thompson gets KO so easily it isn't even funny, this guy isn't as 1/2 as good at striking then what elite XC makes him sound like. He got takendown by horrible takedown shots, and had a bad ground game. Thompson isnt good at all and Kimbo is dead even with him. He easily could have lost that fight, I am glad Thompson hit the ref he deserved a lot more.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Kimbo doesnt have good power, Thompson gets KO so easily it isn't even funny, this guy isn't as 1/2 as good at striking then what elite XC makes him sound like. He got takendown by horrible takedown shots, and had a bad ground game. Thompson isnt good at all and Kimbo is dead even with him. He easily could have lost that fight, I am glad Thompson hit the ref he deserved a lot more.
Kimbo doesn't have power? Seriously? What the heck is good power to you then?
Old 06-01-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thompson hit the ref because he was out on his feet and he was off enough to think the ref was Kimbo.

Give Kimbo 30 more seconds and Thompson would have been out for two days.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Kimbo doesn't have power? Seriously? What the heck is good power to you then?
Just because he KOed a couple of crack heads in someones back yard and KOed a 40+ year old ft guys who sucks now doesnt mean you have good power. Thompson got KOed in 43 seconds to Butterbean, before this fight he was on a 2 fight losing streak, one was a 10 second KO and the other was 2:24 seconds in. Thompson has a history of not being able to take a punch and have a horrible chin, Kimbo just isnt what he is hyped up to be.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Thompson hit the ref because he was out on his feet and he was off enough to think the ref was Kimbo.

Give Kimbo 30 more seconds and Thompson would have been out for two days.
That is debatable and we will never know for sure if he was out on his feet.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kimbo was giving blows to his heads and if the ref didnt stop it he wouldve been done. He was wobbling pretty bad if the ring wasnt there to hold him up he'd be on the ground

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote