Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
I honestly do doubt that black belt.
If someone gave him a black belt, he must be at least pretty good. It may not be the same caliber belt elsewhere, but he showed absolutely nothing against Junie. He basically tried to beat Junie at his own game, instead of making him uncomfortable on the ground. Rolando is just too frail. He's a pencil out there compared to other guys.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are being ridiculous, Junie is on a whole different level than Rolando. Quit acting like Rolando could of easily won, there was no way. He has some nice striking, but has zero power. He has a "blackbelt" but has nothing that resembles a takedown, hell he didn't even try to pull guard. I think you all are letting someones personality cloud your opinion of them as a fighter. Yeah Junie is a dick, and yeah he didn't put on the best performance, but it was clear that he was the better fighter with the better stuff. Jab me in the face all day long with the punch of a 9 year old girl, that doesn't make you a good fighter. One of Junies punches did the damage of 10 of Rolando's. If Junie wouldn't of spent the first round showboating a 3rd round wouldn't of been necessary.

I also do not understand all this talk about Nog like he is some unstoppable force. He is not Fedor, he is no where close to being on Fedor's level. Nog is the king of getting his ass kicked for 3 rounds and then pulling out some insane submission to win it. He is a great fighter, top 5 in the world, but he is not this immortal you guys paint him to be. Frank Mir can beat him, I am not saying he will but he can and you are ridiculous if you think he doesn't have a shot in the world.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Honestly even pre-accident Mir wouldnt take Nog. Only Fedor can. I mean you can argue a pre-coke Ricco Rodriguez could take Nog, but honestly w/o Fedor Nog could be said as the greatest MMA artist of all time.

Says, "Hello"

This is in no way saying Josh Barnett is anywhere near the greats MMA artist of all time, just saying Nog and Barnett are 1-1 against each other, and until Nog beats Barnett soundly in a rubber match or Barnett gets his shot at Fedor lets not leave him out of discussion.

Last edited by ccB : 10-23-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
You guys are being ridiculous, Junie is on a whole different level than Rolando. Quit acting like Rolando could of easily won, there was no way. He has some nice striking, but has zero power. He has a "blackbelt" but has nothing that resembles a takedown, hell he didn't even try to pull guard. I think you all are letting someones personality cloud your opinion of them as a fighter. Yeah Junie is a dick, and yeah he didn't put on the best performance, but it was clear that he was the better fighter with the better stuff. Jab me in the face all day long with the punch of a 9 year old girl, that doesn't make you a good fighter. One of Junies punches did the damage of 10 of Rolando's. If Junie wouldn't of spent the first round showboating a 3rd round wouldn't of been necessary.

I also do not understand all this talk about Nog like he is some unstoppable force. He is not Fedor, he is no where close to being on Fedor's level. Nog is the king of getting his ass kicked for 3 rounds and then pulling out some insane submission to win it. He is a great fighter, top 5 in the world, but he is not this immortal you guys paint him to be. Frank Mir can beat him, I am not saying he will but he can and you are ridiculous if you think he doesn't have a shot in the world.
Like I said, If Rolando had power or strength he would have won, Junie let him hit him in the face multiple times, thats all there is too it, his idiotic personality could have lost him the fight.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Junie has power. We already knew that. He didn't show anything out of this world in the cage against a guy who was clearly inferior to him in almost every aspect of fighting, and it took a split decision to advance. Like i said earlier, i have no clue why Rolando decided to just sit there and trade punches with him, because it was clear that he was getting the worse of it. A more solid and polished fighter will definitely destroy Junie if he comes out fighting like that again.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So Junie has power. We already knew that. He didn't show anything out of this world in the cage against a guy who was clearly inferior to him in almost every aspect of fighting, and it took a split decision to advance. Like i said earlier, i have no clue why Rolando decided to just sit there and trade punches with him, because it was clear that he was getting the worse of it. A more solid and polished fighter will definitely destroy Junie if he comes out fighting like that again.
Junie is a ******, but he is obviously talented. He learned from round to round. For some reason he was just stupid in the first round but then starting working the body and showed off his natural ability in the second. However, his cardio was exposed in the third round.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Rolando physically could not take down Junie, it was not a possiblilty for him, he was forced to stand and therefor get his ass kicked. I've read the fighter blogs about the show and someone said Rolando has a decent submission game but has awful wrestling. So its not like he had the ability to take him down and didn't he has a 0 in the wrestling category and a 0 in strength. He knew it and the coaches knew it thats why they implemented the game plan they did. The only way he was going to get a chance to work his jits was if Junie took him down. The only fight he could of faught against junie is the one he faught and he loss because he is a lower class fighter than Junie. Thats all I am trying to say, people act as if he had a chance to win and didn't execute, he had no chance to win past a crazy flash knock out from a knee or something. Past that he was a sacrificial lamb and put on as good of a showing as he could possibly have done, but still got pummeled.

No **** a more polished fighter would beat Junie. No need to state the obvious. That's like saying Kobe Bryant will school a college freshman in Basketball. No one is saying he is the next world champion. The dudes 24 years old, has 2 pro fights and has been training for the sport a limited amount of time. He's a decent prospect, has some nice hands, solid wrestling, and looks to be a pretty strong athlete. Thats Junie in a nut shell, nothing more, nothing less. It just so happens that Rolando Delgado was an inferior fighter and loss because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Junie is a ******, but he is obviously talented. He learned from round to round. For some reason he was just stupid in the first round but then starting working the body and showed off his natural ability in the second. However, his cardio was exposed in the third round.
He gassed because of his troubles making weight the day before.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Says, "Hello"

This is in no way saying Josh Barnett is anywhere near the greats MMA artist of all time, just saying Nog and Barnett are 1-1 against each other, and until Nog beats Barnett soundly in a rubber match or Barnett gets his shot at Fedor lets not leave him out of discussion.
forgot about Barnett, he is very very good, I wish he could get into the UFC, but Dana has a beef w/ him. Thats one thing I don't like about Dana, yes I admit he helped MMA a ton but he sometimes tries to get into arguments w/ fighters like Tito Barnett etc, he thinks he is tough. Plus dropping the F bomb every other word doesn't make MMA look good. But he is a hell of a lot better then Shaw or any of them.

And Junie opponent sucked and everything except maybe BJJ. I think Junie can be decent but I dont think he can win the tourney.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And Junie opponent sucked and everything except maybe BJJ. I think Junie can be decent but I dont think he can win the tourney.
I think Junie loses when he is matched up against Phillipe Nover, whether that is next round or in the finals I am not sure, but it's just a gut feeling I have.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He gassed because of his troubles making weight the day before.
Obviously that had an affect. However, the reason that he couldn't make weight was because of his lackluster work ethic.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea Junie is nothing more then a less mentally tough, bigger d-bag, less talented version of Leben.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yea Junie is nothing more then a less mentally tough, bigger d-bag, less talented version of Leben.
Maybe at this point in Leben's career this is true, but I'd say that Leben on TUF is a carbon copy of Junie (minus the 30 lb weight difference) They have the same skillsets, same attitude, some background and emotional issues, same fighting style etc. I'd give Junie the edge in pure athleticism and Leben had the edge in experience coming into TUF. I think if you give Junie the same amount of time to mature (roughly 4 years) he can reach the level of Chris Leben if not surpass it. It all depends on if he's able to reflect on the TUF experience and change his routine and take fighting more seriously.

I am actually shocked at how a fighters personality can affect fans so much. Personally I do not give a **** how a person acts on the outside, its in the octagon that matters. It reminds me of my GF, when we watch TUF she picks her favorites based on how they act in the house, where as I pick my favorites based on how they fight. I guess it has to do with being able to detect schtick and someone who is creating a character to increase name value. That is one thing Junie has done, created a name for himself and a character to play. Even if he doesn't win TUF I guarantee he will get a shot in the UFC and if he doesn't make it there I guarantee theres a promotion ready to pay him. The episodes with him as the main attraction are the episodes getting the highest ratings and the MMA promotions out their realize this, It's the Kimbo Slice/Brock Lesnar effect. A fighters personality only bother me if they talk a big game and can't back it up, like Jeremy May off last season of TUF. So far Junie has talked a tremendous amount of **** and done boneheaded things but as long as he wins in the octagon I can tolerate it. I will say I was disappointed by his performance in comparison to the amount of **** talking he did, but you can't really argue with results. Also after the fight he was very gracious and apologetic for his antics, this reinforces my belief that it is all a show he's putting on.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This weekend... Anderson Silva goes down.

haha yeah right.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This weekend... Anderson Silva goes down.

haha yeah right.
If it goes past the 1st round I will be shocked.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Deigo fighting this Saturday?
Old 10-23-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Is Deigo fighting this Saturday?
Nope had to pull out due to injury, Josh Koscheck has replaced him.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If it goes past the 1st round I will be shocked.
The odd are so insane I put 10 bucks on Cote just as a laugh.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Kos is also fighting Yoshida in december, what a warrior.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
The odd are so insane I put 10 bucks on Cote just as a laugh.
I don't believe he will, but I think Cote has more of a shot than many. He just has a really good chin. Basically, he may just last longer than some other fighters before getting destroyed in exciting fashion.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't believe he will, but I think Cote has more of a shot than many. He just has a really good chin. Basically, he may just last longer than some other fighters before getting destroyed in exciting fashion.
Chris Leben.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Chris Leben.
Touche. I predict a 1st round knockout for Silva.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Cote is definitely overlooked. That was $10 well spent on betting for Cote. The last time I checked it was at 5:1 if Cote won.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:53 AM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Chris Leben.
Exactly.

Unless you land an early bomb on Silva while standing, it isn't a great idea to turn a fight with him into a standup battle.

Take the fight to the ground and take your chances there. I hope he and Fabio Holanda have been putting in OT on their ground game.

Also, pretty damm funny that someone already updated Cote's Wikipedia page with a KO loss to Silva at 3:33 of the 1st round under his record. LOL
Old 10-24-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Kos is also fighting Yoshida in december, what a warrior.

Koscheck first has to make it past Thiago "Mini Wandy" Alves and not only win but come out unscathed which is hard to do when you are fighting such a vicious striker. I really hope Alves decapitates Koscheck but I have a feeling Koscheck stops trying to be a striker and goes back to h is wrestling and grinds out the UD in unspectacular fashion.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Chris Leben was the guinea pig in the Anderson Silva experiment. He came out recklessly and obviously had no clue what kind of precision Anderson had on his strikes. I know Cote is looking for a stand up war (what other choice does he have?) but I do not think he will be as reckless and wide open as Leben was, Cote is far more technical of a striker. I think the only chance Cote has is if he comes out as the agressor puts the heat on Silva before Silva can put it on him and hope he lands a bomb that puts Anderson to sleep.

In the end I still think Cote gets KO-ed in round one. In all the promotional pieces for this fight Cote is talking about how 1 of his punches equals 10 of Silva's and that he will eat a few punches to land one. Well news flash Cote, James Irvin was saying the same thing before he fought Anderson and he ended up taking a nap.