Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I want to get back into UFC/MMA. Do you guys recommend anyway that won't cost me a buttload of money [i.e. PPVs]?
DVR UFC Unleashed, Wired, and TUF.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Riddle lays the smackdown on Junie

"As for the show, I was going to start cutting down to 155 just so I could beat Junie senseless. After reading Ryan Bader’s blog I realized that Junie might be heading to 170 with Haagen-Dazs as the main sponsor. That and I promised my Mom I would never pick on children with special needs are the only reasons I have not flown out to Kentucky to smash him. I thought it would be impossible to have someone who is a bigger loser then Jeremy May on the show and they proved me wrong.

To Rolando, first of all having a name like Roli or Rolando and being a small guy, a guy like you deserves a black belt. I mean you had to get picked on by all kids of guys like Mir and Junie as you were growing up. Had you came to my gym, we would of let you teach us. You may not be Donald Trump, but you showed a ton of heart and self-control. That little punk Junie tries to call Rolando a loser and saying the round wont go past the first. You showed that little bastard what heart and determination are all about.

Junie does his best impression of Jake LaMotta meets Jim Carey and allows Rolando to stay in the fight and take this thing to a split decision. Junie showed he has a quitter's heart and the inability to back up the trash talk. He is living proof that a bunch of tattoos, living in a trailer park, and having a bad attitude does not make you TUF or tough. My guess is Junie will not make it past the semi-final round. He will be brought back for the finale and lose or not make weight. If he wins the show, I am going to go join Juanito Ibarra in obscurity (if he will have me) and retire.

I am not sure if you knew this or not, but at the pre-fight picks Junie throws a black belt on the ground and spits towards it. After that happened, Anderson Silva had to leave the training center to compose himself. He felt totally disrespected and according to Bader he was visibly upset and had he not been on TV that likely would of went down a different way."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...7421&zoneid=13

he actually says some funny stuff. But in 3 years no one will really remember Junie, he has weak heart (as shown by complaining about being sore while cutting weight, yes it may hurt but do you honestly think Wand,Griffin,Nog etc. would just quit because they are sore? I know they wouldn't).
Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

he actually says some funny stuff. But in 3 years no one will really remember Junie, he has weak heart (as shown by complaining about being sore while cutting weight, yes it may hurt but do you honestly think Wand,Griffin,Nog etc. would just quit because they are sore? I know they wouldn't).
Junie will be around in 3 years, he has more name value than 99% of the fighters in the world right now, someone will capitalize off of him. TUF is getting it's best ratings ever because of him. If you think Dana will not market this kid and make money off of him you are crazy. Hell look how many chances Melvin Guillard has received. In one of Dana's blogs him and Nogueiria are talking about Junie and how TUF is getting the best ratings ever this year. Nogueira sums it up best he says, "They hate this guy, but he's making a name for himself" which is exactly the truth, he is making a name for himself as a true heel that people can root against.

Also I think its ****** you question his heart for the reason you do. He didn't quit while trying to cut weight, he wanted to, but he didn't. He made the weight, he won the fight, and his bitching was nowhere near the level of Bobby Southworth. I am seriously beginning to think Junie beat you up and stole your lunch money.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Junie will be around in 3 years, he has more name value than 99% of the fighters in the world right now, someone will capitalize off of him. TUF is getting it's best ratings ever because of him. If you think Dana will not market this kid and make money off of him you are crazy. Hell look how many chances Melvin Guillard has received. In one of Dana's blogs him and Nogueiria are talking about Junie and how TUF is getting the best ratings ever this year. Nogueira sums it up best he says, "They hate this guy, but he's making a name for himself" which is exactly the truth, he is making a name for himself as a true heel that people can root against.

Also I think its ****** you question his heart for the reason you do. He didn't quit while trying to cut weight, he wanted to, but he didn't. He made the weight, he won the fight, and his bitching was nowhere near the level of Bobby Southworth. I am seriously beginning to think Junie beat you up and stole your lunch money.
So because his bitching wasn't on the level of Bobby Southworth, it makes it classier? He was still making excuses for coming out and fighting the way he did, and there's no way around that. If you think people over-criticize Junie for being a d-bag, you over-praise him because you connect to him on a level that none of us in here do. We can both go that route.

To say that TUF is getting the best ratings ever because of Junie is completely off-base. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that every single year, more and more people are watching MMA, right? Everyone is looking to get their UFC fix somehow, and TUF is a great way of doing it. If he comes out and loses next round, and doesn't impress in his UFC debut (which he undoubtedly will get), i don't see the point in Dana White and the UFC "marketing" him. He's not that good a fighter.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If around you mean KOTC then you may be right. Yes he gave Melvin many chances, but when it comes to pure potential Melvin was top 3 LW division. Junie doesn't have the potential of Melvin.

I just don't think he has the talent or heart to really be a main stay in the UFC. Yes he will get a fight on the TUF finale no matter what and all that stuff but he hasn't shown anything to prove he will be a UFC main stay. Yes maybe he didn't complain as much as Bobby Southworth, but he had to lose 2 pounds and he did complain a lot for it. Junie will be nothing more then a flash in the pan.
And you really think Junie could take me? I will meet you in baltimore to show you what he would be messing w/ (JK you know you are my boy CCBG).
Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So because his bitching wasn't on the level of Bobby Southworth, it makes it classier? He was still making excuses for coming out and fighting the way he did, and there's no way around that. If you think people over-criticize Junie for being a d-bag, you over-praise him because you connect to him on a level that none of us in here do. We can both go that route.

To say that TUF is getting the best ratings ever because of Junie is completely off-base. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that every single year, more and more people are watching MMA, right? Everyone is looking to get their UFC fix somehow, and TUF is a great way of doing it. If he comes out and loses next round, and doesn't impress in his UFC debut (which he undoubtedly will get), i don't see the point in Dana White and the UFC "marketing" him. He's not that good a fighter.
Are you kidding me? I haven't praised him for **** past being a decent prospect. I am saying that anyone who has ever had to cut weight has bitched about having to do it. Its a pain in the ass and as long as he cut the weight his heart shouldn't be questioned, he didn't quit and say **** it I can't do it, he did it. Question his work ethic for getting to the point where he almost missed weight, but it has nothing to do with heart.

You should not speak when you do not know what you are talking about. By your theory TUF's ratings would theoretically increase every season since there is more and more interest in the sport and more and more exposure, correct? WRONG! The Ultimate fighter season 7 received the lowest rating in the history of the show and this season was on the same track until:
"This was a strong rebound from the .80 rating with 1.1 million viewers of last week, which was a record low of the series."

http://mmapayout.com/2008/10/tuf-8-episode-4-ratings/
http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=3455

Guess what episode caused the rebound? please guess? cmon? need a hint? Jun....

thats right Junie's alcoholic rage brought the show back from one of the lowest ratings ever to the number 2 show at the time slot being only beat by South Park. Junie is clearly bringing in viewers whether you want to recognize it or not. Way to go just making up **** without even researching,so how about next time we do not spout out unsubstantiated garbage that cannot be backed up by fact. God I ******* hate TUF noobs.

Last edited by ccB : 10-27-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If around you mean KOTC then you may be right. Yes he gave Melvin many chances, but when it comes to pure potential Melvin was top 3 LW division. Junie doesn't have the potential of Melvin.

I just don't think he has the talent or heart to really be a main stay in the UFC. Yes he will get a fight on the TUF finale no matter what and all that stuff but he hasn't shown anything to prove he will be a UFC main stay. Yes maybe he didn't complain as much as Bobby Southworth, but he had to lose 2 pounds and he did complain a lot for it. Junie will be nothing more then a flash in the pan.
And you really think Junie could take me? I will meet you in baltimore to show you what he would be messing w/ (JK you know you are my boy CCBG).
Lets all get this clear, I do not expect Junie Browning to be the next big thing. Not in any sense of the word. In fact out of all the winners so far this season his performance was the least impressive. With this said, do I think Junie will be in the UFC after TUF? Yes I do, I think he will get at least 3 fights. If he comes out with a winning record after 3 fights than you will see Junie Browning in the UFC for a long time, not because he is an amazing fighter, not because he is primed to be the next champion but because he has personality. It may not be a great personality but its a personality, and like I posted above, their is a correlation between the episodes featuring him and people watching the show. I think the perfect comparison for Junie has been made with the Chris Leben one and if he takes the same route as Leben and turns his **** around he could be in the same place as Leben is right now. Notice nowhere in here did I say I think that Junie will be the next BJ Penn.

The milk money jab was more me busting your balls than anything else. Ravens1991 by TKO.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ok I see what you mean, but I just dont think Junie is a decent prospect, maybe for a preliminary card or 2 but nothing special.

And I knew your were messing around w/ the milk $. But how bout Flacco, you have not posted in the Ravens forum for ages.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ok I see what you mean, but I just dont think Junie is a decent prospect, maybe for a preliminary card or 2 but nothing special.

And I knew your were messing around w/ the milk $. But how bout Flacco, you have not posted in the Ravens forum for ages.
I see a lot of raw ability in him, he hits hard, has some explosivness, he looks to have decent base and takedown defense and he can take a knee to the face. With that said he doesn't look like he takes direction from his corner in a fight and his gas tank looks like it could be an issue. I think if he gets in the right camp he could be made into a adequate LW, someone on the level of say a Josh Neer, Gray Maynard, or Spencer Fisher.

Flacco is money, I feel like I was the only one happy about taking him in the first and so far it looks to be a good selection. I don't post in the Ravens forum because I do not play well with others and have had some problems with a couple of the posters there (Kyle Boller Crapolition) so it's better for me to just stay away from there, no matter how right I turn out to be time and time again :) This thread is the only one I frequent on NFLDC aside from a random post here or there.

Last edited by ccB : 10-27-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see a lot of raw ability in him, he hits hard, has some explosivness, he looks to have decent base and takedown defense and he can take a knee to the face. With that said he doesn't look like he takes direction from his corner in a fight and his gas tank looks like it could be an issue. I think if he gets in the right camp he could be made into a adequate LW, someone on the level of say a Josh Neer, Gray Maynard, or Spencer Fisher.
I haven't been watching TUF, but it sounds like your describing the LW version of Patrick Cote - The Mental Game Cote has.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
I haven't been watching TUF, but it sounds like your describing the LW version of Patrick Cote - The Mental Game Cote has.
Cote is a more precise puncher and his kick boxing is more technical than Junies. The comparison isn't too far off though. Both are (well seem to be) one dimensional fighters who rely a lot of the explosiveness and power of their striking. Junie is in the middle of Cote and Leben stylistically, not as technical as Cote and probably a bit more technical than Leben (Leben belongs to the school of looping punches) If Junie wants to make it in the sport he needs to learn some combos instead of loading up and throwing one hay maker at a time.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

Flacco is money, I feel like I was the only one happy about taking him in the first and so far it looks to be a good selection. I don't post in the Ravens forum because I do not play well with others and have had some problems with a couple of the posters there (Kyle Boller Crapolition) so it's better for me to just stay away from there, no matter how right I turn out to be time and time again :) This thread is the only one I frequent on NFLDC aside from a random post here or there.
lol I can handle the KBC, I like to argue in a way. But they have settled down and admit Boller sucks. I will never forget that post you had owning bigdawg about some rant he had about him not getting a girl in a long time. You should stop by some time.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
lol I can handle the KBC, I like to argue in a way. But they have settled down and admit Boller sucks. I will never forget that post you had owning bigdawg about some rant he had about him not getting a girl in a long time. You should stop by some time.
may have been the same rant that had him PM-ing me over and over again....

I may start posting in there again, now that we have such a high powered offense ;)
Old 10-27-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

lol I remember I was saying that, not since Vinny could we take about our offense in a exciting fashion. We have young talent and a OC who isn't afraid to take a risk, it will be fun to watch. Get Flacco Crabtree or Hey-ward Bey and I will be a happy happy man. HWB means no more Jump balls to clayton and Crabtree means we will have a WR that can actually get a yard after our patented curl route. Not to mention our young o-line.

But who else was impressed w/ Thiago Alves? I think he could take BJ Penn stylistically. Pick him a part for a 5 round UD. I dont see BJ taking him down, and I think he will beat BJ in standing. He will give GSP problems but still I think GSP wins.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
lol I remember I was saying that, not since Vinny could we take about our offense in a exciting fashion. We have young talent and a OC who isn't afraid to take a risk, it will be fun to watch. Get Flacco Crabtree or Hey-ward Bey and I will be a happy happy man. HWB means no more Jump balls to clayton and Crabtree means we will have a WR that can actually get a yard after our patented curl route. Not to mention our young o-line.

But who else was impressed w/ Thiago Alves? I think he could take BJ Penn stylistically. Pick him a part for a 5 round UD. I dont see BJ taking him down, and I think he will beat BJ in standing. He will give GSP problems but still I think GSP wins.
Thiago is a monster, I've been pimping him for a long while now. He is so much like a WW Wanderlei Silva it's scary. I think he could take out anyone in the WW division, his takedown defense looked impeccable, and those leg kicks were beautifully brutal. I wouldn't favor him against GSP but I can see Thiago stuffing Georges' takedown attempts which would force him to stand up and bang and if St. Pierre can't win the stand up portion of a fight against BJ Penn then something tells me he wouldn't do good against Thiago. Thiago may be the most improved fighter this year.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes I thought he was going to get layed on for 3 rounds against Hughes, then against Kos. He slaughtered both. I want to see him fight GSP so bad, I think he earned a title shot w/ that ass kicking of Kos.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I hope Anderson Silva never fights Liddell like that Yahoo column talks about. Silva would destroy Liddell. I want to see Silva go up to 205 and fight Rampage.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Man I hope Anderson Silva never fights Liddell like that Yahoo column talks about. Silva would destroy Liddell. I want to see Silva go up to 205 and fight Rampage.
I agree.I still have a soft spot for Liddell and even at his prime Silva would've crushed him. Silva is too well rounded and Liddell is over the hill. As I said earlier I still think he could be legit if he makes a few tactical changes, but Silva would end his career.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes, Liddell 1st line of defense is his chin, that is a recipe for disaster against Anderson.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Thiago Alves has already been guaranteed a title shot right after GSP v Penn, so he will have some downtime, unless he gets ballsy and wants to take on Yoshida but he'd be better served staying put.

Liddell's career as a contender is done, he will still fight a few more showcase fights, but the Iceman has been surpassed by better younger talent. I could see Wandy v Liddell again so the UFC could make some quick cash, maybe another fight against Page or the Anderson Silva fight as well.

There's a rumor floating around that Robby Lawler is going to sign with the uFC. Decent signing, I think he's a bit overrated but he's a solid mid level MW that can be added to the weak UFC MW division. They might be smart to throw him in against ANderson Silva right away, its a marketable champion v champion fight. It might be smart to get him in the championship picture right way while he still has momentum on his side.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There's a rumor floating around that Robby Lawler is going to sign with the uFC. Decent signing, I think he's a bit overrated but he's a solid mid level MW that can be added to the weak UFC MW division. They might be smart to throw him in against ANderson Silva right away, its a marketable champion v champion fight. It might be smart to get him in the championship picture right way while he still has momentum on his side.
Lawler would get killed against Okami and hell, Bisping, so they'd better throw him in right away. Not to mention Hendo and Franklin. He's entering as the 5th best MW.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Lawler would get killed against Okami and hell, Bisping, so they'd better throw him in right away. Not to mention Hendo and Franklin. He's entering as the 5th best MW.
Bisping v Lawler would be a good match up, similar skill sets, would probably turn into a stand up war. It also could set up the winner for a title shot against Silva. I'd like to know when Okami is coming back, he deserves a rematch against Silva.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I hope they get Lawler, I dont think he is a top 5 MW in the world like some places has listed him but I think he will be a decent signing. I would like to see him fight Leben just for a nice stand up brawl.

And I want UFC to get Nick Diaz back, I was reading somewere that Dana said "Nick will and wants to fight you, Ken Shamrock acts like that but Nick is the real thing" (paraphrase), I want him in, he always puts up a good fight.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yea I hope they get Lawler, I dont think he is a top 5 MW in the world like some places has listed him but I think he will be a decent signing. I would like to see him fight Leben just for a nice stand up brawl.

And I want UFC to get Nick Diaz back, I was reading somewere that Dana said "Nick will and wants to fight you, Ken Shamrock acts like that but Nick is the real thing" (paraphrase), I want him in, he always puts up a good fight.
Yeah I listened to that interview as it was happening, he said he would consider signing Diaz. He said he plans on signing a few of the EliteXC guys he just hasn't had the time because hes been so busy. Right after he said that about Nick he stated how much he loves Nate Diaz. I have also heard Jake Shields is a lock to be signed to the UFC. Rafeal Feijao is the must sign out of the EliteXC bunch, that guy is so sick.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I listened to that interview as it was happening, he said he would consider signing Diaz. He said he plans on signing a few of the EliteXC guys he just hasn't had the time because hes been so busy. Right after he said that about Nick he stated how much he loves Nate Diaz. I have also heard Jake Shields is a lock to be signed to the UFC. Rafeal Feijao is the must sign out of the EliteXC bunch, that guy is so sick.
Jake Shields Vs. Karo Parisyan?

Also, I want to see the UFC sign Benji Radach as a prospect. Bolsters the MW division and he carries extremely heavy hands.