Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes UFC needs Shields, 170 is so stacked w/ grapplers I love the division.

And isn't Feijao a 205 from brazil w/ aggressive MT and a BJJ black belt? I read that in some ad but I am not 100% sure its him.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, Big Nog and Anderson Silva discovered him in some small Brazilian city. I think he was already a black belt by then. Dude has serious striking game too. Since hes been at Black House he has went from fighting at I believe 265 to 205 now. He is the future of the 205 lb division. Nog and Silva both say his potential in the sport are amazing and he is looked at as the brightest prospect over at Black House, which is the same camp prospect Junior "Mama Said Knock Werdum Out" Dos Santos came out of and we all see how monstrous he is.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Jake Shields Vs. Karo Parisyan?

Also, I want to see the UFC sign Benji Radach as a prospect. Bolsters the MW division and he carries extremely heavy hands.
Radach has fought in the UFC before, he wanted to come back after the IFL folded but Dana told him to go win a few fights outside of the UFC first. Wonder if the KO of Ninja is enough to get him in the big leagues.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Did anyone see Dana offered Kimbo a spot on the ultimate fighter? noway he takes it since he was making 6 figures at EliteXC but Dana said if he was on the show he guarantees he wouldn't win it and probably wouldn't even make it past the prelims.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Did anyone see Dana offered Kimbo a spot on the ultimate fighter? noway he takes it since he was making 6 figures at EliteXC but Dana said if he was on the show he guarantees he wouldn't win it and probably wouldn't even make it past the prelims.
I saw that right when EliteXC folded. I agree with that assessment of his talent and I am a huge Kimbo apologist.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:29 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I had $800 to shell out to go to a UFC event in Vegas. That would be sweet
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup, Big Nog and Anderson Silva discovered him in some small Brazilian city. I think he was already a black belt by then. Dude has serious striking game too. Since hes been at Black House he has went from fighting at I believe 265 to 205 now. He is the future of the 205 lb division. Nog and Silva both say his potential in the sport are amazing and he is looked at as the brightest prospect over at Black House, which is the same camp prospect Junior "Mama Said Knock Werdum Out" Dos Santos came out of and we all see how monstrous he is.
That sounds Wanderlei Silva like.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
That sounds Wanderlei Silva like.
Wandy had a BJJ Black Belt?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes, he got it before his 2nd fight w/ Arona I believe. he did nearly submit Sakuraba and Yoshida. Wand just loves to brawl because the fans love it and he is the best at it. LONG LIVE WAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you not love that guy.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yes, he got it before his 2nd fight w/ Arona I believe. he did nearly submit Sakuraba and Yoshida. Wand just loves to brawl because the fans love it and he is the best at it. LONG LIVE WAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you not love that guy.
I love Wandi but I feel like he has been slightly exposed and I doubt he ever becomes champion again. Their are so many young studs at 205, Machida, Shogun, Cane, Thiago Silva etc and thats just the Brazilians.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I agree I doubt he ever gets the belt again, I mean the only way he can is if he takes Rampage (will be a close fight) then he gets a title shot, I think he could take griffin apparently he gave Griffin a concussion during a sparring session. But since they are training partners IDK if they would fight.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yea I agree I doubt he ever gets the belt again, I mean the only way he can is if he takes Rampage (will be a close fight) then he gets a title shot, I think he could take griffin apparently he gave Griffin a concussion during a sparring session. But since they are training partners IDK if they would fight.
Well Wandy is opening his own gym in Las Vegas so they may not be training partners for long. Lyoto Machida should be #1 contender and it urks me that he is not.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes, it is just that Lyoto is sometimes boring, I admit he will be a champ some day but he can get a little boring IMO. I am not one of those blind nut huggers about him or the ones that think he will lose to anyone I am in the middle of the road on him.

But I think Wand VS. Griffin would get more $$$ then Machida getting a title shot probably the most important in UFC history.

Also out of those brazilians you listed I think wand takes them all right now except maybe Machida, Cane looked good against Soko, I am not sold on Thiago just because his best win is Houston Alexander. And I doubt him and Shogun ever fight, if they met up in the 2005 GP it probably would have been a sparring session.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

IMO Lyoto Machida MAY have the most flawless arsenal of skills in MMA.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IMO Lyoto Machida MAY have the most flawless arsenal of skills in MMA.
He's never really faced a top notch wrestler besides a washed up Tito Ortiz. I'll be sold on him when he beats a Rashad Evans level wrestler. But he absolutely should be the #1 contender and probably would beat Griffin.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
He's never really faced a top notch wrestler besides a washed up Tito Ortiz. I'll be sold on him when he beats a Rashad Evans level wrestler. But he absolutely should be the #1 contender and probably would beat Griffin.
Tito Ortiz is on Rashad Evans level as a wrestler, **** thats the only good thing about Tito is his wrestling. With Machida's background in sumo is takedown defense is impeccable, probably top 3 in the sport.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I wish I had $800 to shell out to go to a UFC event in Vegas. That would be sweet
I heard UFC is pretty crappy live actually. Apparently the cage sucks horribly for viewing.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I heard UFC is pretty crappy live actually. Apparently the cage sucks horribly for viewing.
Yeah, I've heard the same thing. From what I hear the only seats worth having are in teh first couple rows and that will set you back thousands. I'd much rather watch it from home where I am not annoyed by drunken, affliction/tapout shirt wearing, TUF Noobs who boo whenever the fights on the ground more than 10 second. Also I can indulge in my love for all things herbal from home, whereas you can't do that there. Living Room> Live!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, unless you're in the front, or there to make an appearance, i don't understand why you would wanna watch a fight through the cage. If they were to go to the ground you wouldn't be able to see jack, and before you know it, the fight is over.

Imagine a UFC event in Philadelphia. Now that would be something to behold..
Old 10-29-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Rashad Evans doesnt really have good MMA wrestling. I really can't think of a style to go up against Machida, his movement makes it tough for a wrestler to take him down as well as a striker to get him. Plus his TDD is top notch. I would like to see him face a super agressive fighter, but I dont think anyone except maybe the old Vitor has the speed to get at him and take him off his game.

So what style do you think is the best for Machida?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Rashad Evans doesnt really have good MMA wrestling. I really can't think of a style to go up against Machida, his movement makes it tough for a wrestler to take him down as well as a striker to get him. Plus his TDD is top notch. I would like to see him face a super agressive fighter, but I dont think anyone except maybe the old Vitor has the speed to get at him and take him off his game.

The person who beats Machida will have to be someone with a top level clinch game. The only time I've seen Machida even a tad bit vulnerable (besides the triangle at the end of the Ortiz fight) was in the clinch. I think it would take a guy like Anderson Silva to beat Machida. From a technical stand point that could be the best match up in all of MMA.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes I agree, I thought of a guy like Henderson and others w/ good clinch, but it will be hard to get into the clinch or take him down, Soko got him down but Henderson is nowhere near as explosive, Soko just got swept because Soko is so raw. I am not sure of Lyoto ground game credentials, does anybody know what belt he has in BJJ and other credentials?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yes I agree, I thought of a guy like Henderson and others w/ good clinch, but it will be hard to get into the clinch or take him down, Soko got him down but Henderson is nowhere near as explosive, Soko just got swept because Soko is so raw. I am not sure of Lyoto ground game credentials, does anybody know what belt he has in BJJ and other credentials?
I am almost positive he is a black belt.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am almost positive he is a black belt.
yeah.......he got it fairly recently i think. Something tells me like 2 years ago.

Last edited by Rob S : 10-29-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Shogun would be my pick, he just flawlessly goes from 1 aspect of the game to the next, any rumors of him fighting anytime soon?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote