Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2006, 12:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Also the thing with that card... Its going to end up being all them fighters against lower tier fighters most likely. Hopefully theres atleast a few higher qualtiy fighters fighting each other.
I dont think so, thats 18 fighters I listed. How many cards have more than 9 fights on the ppv? I think we are gonna see some amazing matchups.
I said this because usually MMAweekly has an idea of whose fighting who and on the site they dont have any of the ppl matched up adn the opponents are left blank. I dont know im interested to see whose fighting who. I wanna see a Hendo vs Misaki rematch.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what mmaweekly has...

-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. TBA
-Takanori Gomi (#1 Lightweight)* vs. TBA
-Mirko Cro Cop (#2 Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#2 Light Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Josh Barnett (#3 Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Wanderlei Silva (#3 Light Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#4 Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Ricardo Arona (#4 Light Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Dan Henderson (#6 Middleweight)* vs. TBA
-Mark Hunt (#9 Heavyweight)* vs. TBA
-Hidehiko Yoshida vs. TBA
-Kazuyuki Fujita vs. TBA

So it would be 12 fights and looks like none of the big guns would be fighting each other. Im excited to see how it falls out and who fights who ebcause this is nowhere near official.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Some big names in there, when is this scheduled for...?
New Years Eve.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-Kazuyuki Fujita vs. TBA

So it would be 12 fights and looks like none of the big guns would be fighting each other. Im excited to see how it falls out and who fights who ebcause this is nowhere near official.
Well, hunt vs fedor is official, o i guess they are wrong.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

-Kazuyuki Fujita vs. TBA

That will be such a crappy fight. Fedor by submission in the first 2 minutes.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

"Takada also announced a number of competitors to be added to the schedule of possible participants for the event. While 11 fighters were on the initial list of possible participants announced last week, Takada revealed another host of fighters that may potentially compete on New Year's Eve, including, but not limited to, Kazuo Misaki (Pictures), Akihiro Gono (Pictures), Denis Kang (Pictures), Shinya Aoki (Pictures), Gilbert Melendez (Pictures), Mitsuhiro Ishida (Pictures), Tatsuya Kawajiri (Pictures), Hayato Sakurai (Pictures), Ikuhisa Minowa (Pictures), Joachim Hansen (Pictures), Ricardo Arona (Pictures), and Kazuhiro Nakamura (Pictures). "-Sherdog

So its not official that all them fighters are fighting.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Takada also announced a number of competitors to be added to the schedule of possible participants for the event. While 11 fighters were on the initial list of possible participants announced last week, Takada revealed another host of fighters that may potentially compete on New Year's Eve, including, but not limited to, Kazuo Misaki (Pictures), Akihiro Gono (Pictures), Denis Kang (Pictures), Shinya Aoki (Pictures), Gilbert Melendez (Pictures), Mitsuhiro Ishida (Pictures), Tatsuya Kawajiri (Pictures), Hayato Sakurai (Pictures), Ikuhisa Minowa (Pictures), Joachim Hansen (Pictures), Ricardo Arona (Pictures), and Kazuhiro Nakamura (Pictures). "-Sherdog

So its not official that all them fighters are fighting.
yeah. Still tho choose any of those 20 guys (there are 10 fights) and you will have a stacked card. The only guys I would be really disappointed not seeing are shogun and silva.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Quote:

-Kazuyuki Fujita vs. TBA

Thats a terrible fight, Hunt is going to get taken down and either submitted or pounded out quicker than he did against Barnett.

But what I REALLY want to know is... when is Cro Cop v Fedor II?
Old 11-21-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna see BJ Penn fight GSP again, but I heard Penn is trimming down to 150 to fight in the lighter class.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:19 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I wanna see BJ Penn fight GSP again, but I heard Penn is trimming down to 150 to fight in the lighter class.
Yeah that would be a good fight. But I think if BJ goes to 155 hes gonna be champ in no time. He would dominate Sean Sherk.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

UFC 66: DECEMBER 30 IN LAS VEGAS

Main Card Bouts:
-Chuck Liddell (#1 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Tito Ortiz (#7 Light Heavyweight)*
-Andrei Arlovski (#6 Heavyweight)* vs. Marcio "Pe de Pano" Cruz
-Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine
-Michael Bisping vs. Eric Schafer
-Chris Leben vs. Jason MacDonald

Preliminary Bouts:
-Yushin Okami vs. Rory Singer
-Thiago Alves vs. Tony DeSouza
-Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Carmelo Marrero
-Anthony Perosh vs. Christian Wellisch

So this is the next UFC ppv. A decent card IMO. UFC is getting more and more good cards.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink

Quote:

Main Card Bouts:
-Chuck Liddell (#1 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Tito Ortiz (#7 Light Heavyweight)*

Preliminary Bouts:

So this is the next UFC ppv. A decent card IMO. UFC is getting more and more good cards.
This card looks pretty good, all the main fights seem like they have potential to be pretty good. I really wanna see Bisping fight again.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:

Main Card Bouts:

Preliminary Bouts:

This card looks pretty good, all the main fights seem like they have potential to be pretty good. I really wanna see Bisping fight again.
Dont sleep on the guy Bispings fighting. I seen him fight on the liddell babalu card and he put hte guy to sleep.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

wow pride has alot of stuff changing...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=3005&zoneid=2

Sounds like its for the better IMO.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

I agree. I hope the tourney is at 205 tho.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
Quote:

How sweet would a 205 tourney be? I dream of seeing Shogun vs Wandy
Old 11-29-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I kind of want to see it, but they are my 2 favorite fighters. I mean, I hate how chute boxe is holding back shogun because they want wand to keep the belt, but then again I love wandy. I would root for shogun, and I think he would beat Wand easier than most people would think, but it would still be tough for me to see Wand loose to his own teammate.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:47 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I kind of want to see it, but they are my 2 favorite fighters. I mean, I hate how chute boxe is holding back shogun because they want wand to keep the belt, but then again I love wandy. I would root for shogun, and I think he would beat Wand easier than most people would think, but it would still be tough for me to see Wand loose to his own teammate.
Id be rooting for Shogun all the way.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Id be rooting for Shogun all the way.
I think Shogun would own him. Honestly, I love both guys, but I think Shogun is a lot better right now.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

So sanchez vs riggs is coming up soon. I dont see anyway Diego loses.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:49 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money is on Diego as well. I'd quite like to see a Riggs win though.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I hate Joe Riggs, Diego taps him in rd 1.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

any1 hear anything about the PRIDE card?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Here is some HUGE news MMA fans. With Pride in some money issues and still having no TV contract in Japan, Pride fighters are starting to look elsewhere to bring their talents. Fedor is already signed to fight at least once for Bodog and might make the move permanetly after his 1 remaining Pride fight he is under contract for.

The UFC just offered Cro Cop a large contract to come fight in the USA, Cro Cop said himself it was larger than the Pride contract and is considering it and that he would let everyone know by Sunday. Personally I think Cro Cop wants his second shot at Fedor but the US market may be too much to turn down. So Mirko Cro Cop in the UFC soon? All I have to say is **** YEAH
Old 12-07-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Here is some HUGE news MMA fans. With Pride in some money issues and still having no TV contract in Japan, Pride fighters are starting to look elsewhere to bring their talents. Fedor is already signed to fight at least once for Bodog and might make the move permanetly after his 1 remaining Pride fight he is under contract for.

The UFC just offered Cro Cop a large contract to come fight in the USA, Cro Cop said himself it was larger than the Pride contract and is considering it and that he would let everyone know by Sunday. Personally I think Cro Cop wants his second shot at Fedor but the US market may be too much to turn down. So Mirko Cro Cop in the UFC soon? All I have to say is *********** YEAH
Cro Cop in UFC= Domination