Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2006, 12:43 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Mark Hunt (#9 Heavyweight)*
-Takanori Gomi (#1 Lightweight)* vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida (#7 Lightweight)* in a non-title fight
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#2 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (#10 Light Heavyweight)*
-Josh Barnett (#3 Heavyweight)* vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#4 Heavyweight)*
-Tatsuya Kawajiri (#3 Lightweight)* vs. Gilbert Melendez (#10 Lightweight)*
-Joachim Hansen (#4 Lightweight)* vs. Shinya Aoki
-Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Kiyoshi Tamura

Pride card is looking pretty good. Although Fedor vs Hunt is weak, Barnett vs Nog makes up for it.
Looks pretty good, but they should really make Shockwave so good that people are required to buy it.

-Fedor will play in the first, and then win by anything he wants in the second.

-I think Gomi and Shogun roll (in the football sense).

-The fight of the night is easily Barnett vs. Nog, that should be great.

Even though the UFC fighters aren't as good, I'm looking foward to 66 a little more. They all have a chance to be really good fights outside of Arvloski.

-Cheering for Tito, prolly not going to happen though.

-I like Forrest, that's going to be close and probably entertaining.

-Arvloski fight should have some fireworks.

-Everyone wants to see Bisping fight a quality opponent. If he makes Schafer look like a schoolgirl, he'll rise quick. If both he and Forrest win, I'd love to see that fight. As crazy as it seems, if they would fight, it would probably be for a title shot. Of course you have to throw Rampage in there somewhere.

-Leben vs. MacDonald should be fun with Leben trying to knock his head off and Mac putting him in like 4 subs when he tries.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:30 PM    (permalink

3 days till UFC, anyone else gonna buy it?
Old 12-27-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We get it free over here and have set it to record already for when I get back from hols, cant wait to see Bisping in the Octagon!!!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
We get it free over here and have set it to record already for when I get back from hols, cant wait to see Bisping in the Octagon!!!
Free???

Why? How?
Old 12-27-2006, 02:37 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in the UK, and it's always on Bravo free like a day after the event. (We cant get it live).

Old 12-28-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
3 days till UFC, anyone else gonna buy it?
my friend is. hes charging 5 bucks for everyone but theres gonna be providing food and drinks so its a pretty good deal.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

We're getting really close, I thought there would be a lot more discussion by now.

Somebody come with some solid thoughts and opinions.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there isnt really that much discussion before fights, but here is my opinion on some of the fights from the UFC card.

Liddel-Ortiz- What has Ortiz done to deserve this? Nothing imo. He beat up on an old Ken Shamrock and barely beat Forrest. Not exactly worthy of a title shot. I see it ending the same way as the first, Chuck via KO early.

Forrest- Jardine- Great fight here and 1 that I think will be very exciting. I see Forrest winning because he is more experienced and is more well rounded. Forrest by descision.

Arlovski KTFO Cruz in rd.1
Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if Ortiz deserves it or not, but this is a fight that everybody wants to see...it will be one of UFCs biggest PPVs.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
I don't know if Ortiz deserves it or not, but this is a fight that everybody wants to see...it will be one of UFCs biggest PPVs.
of course and thats why it was made. Not complaining either, but rather using Tito's lack of impressive opposition as reasoning for my prediction.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
That is true and there's not really anyone else for Chuck to fight right now in the LHW division. Look for Griffin (if he wins), Bisping, or Rampage (the most deserving) to fight Chuck next.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink

Today is fight day. Yesterday Tito Ortiz vs. Forest Griffin was on TV and I watched it. Tito was very unimpressive after the first round he wasn't able to take down Griffin at all and he couldn't strike with him. If Lidell can do the same thing as Forest did than Tito has no chance. Lidell is a better striker than Griffin and he will end up KO'ing Tito for sure if the fight stays on the feet. Tito better have worked on his takedowns because they looked very average against Griffin and now he is facing one of the better guys in avoiding takedowns.

Basically, I don't really think Tito has a shot.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Today is fight day. Yesterday Tito Ortiz vs. Forest Griffin was on TV and I watched it. Tito was very unimpressive after the first round he wasn't able to take down Griffin at all and he couldn't strike with him. If Lidell can do the same thing as Forest did than Tito has no chance. Lidell is a better striker than Griffin and he will end up KO'ing Tito for sure if the fight stays on the feet. Tito better have worked on his takedowns because they looked very average against Griffin and now he is facing one of the better guys in avoiding takedowns.

Basically, I don't really think Tito has a shot.
I agree with everything you said.

I'm looking foward to the Griffin-Jardine, MacDonald-Leben, and the Bisping fight just as much if not more than the Main Event. Watch for Dana to introduce CroCop and see half the crowd go insane while the other half are wondering what the big deal is.

My fictitious bets:
betting $100.00 at -240 odds on chuck liddell

betting $300.00 at -380 odds on andrei arlovski

betting $200.00 at +140 odds on jason macdonald

betting $50.00 at +220 odds on keith jardine

betting $350.00 at -380 odds on fedor emelianenko
Old 12-30-2006, 05:31 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone told me that the CroCop signing will be announced today at the PPV, he also said that he's going to fight some stiff I never heard of in Feb...Eddie Sanchez, I think was the name.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Someone told me that the CroCop signing will be announced today at the PPV, he also said that he's going to fight some stiff I never heard of in Feb...Eddie Sanchez, I think was the name.
I cant wait for Cro Cop to pick apart the UFC's HW division. Starting off with that sloth Tim Sylvia.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, Eddie Sanchez is rumored to be the 1st fight.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its not letting me buy it. it says i have to call this nmber and its always busy. can some1 help?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:42 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

....................So don't continue reading =)

Pretty good PPV, good fights.

Tito looked like he could have gone a bit more, he was protecting and Chuck wasn't damaging Tito that much...sorta like the 1st round.

Next PPV is going to be sweet. St. Pierre and Anderson defend their belts, while Rampage and Cro Cop make their debuts!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:29 AM    (permalink

All in all pretty damn good PPV

Bisping looked great in his match, he dominated in an easy victory. Now I hope he fights a higher end fighter who can actually test his skills. Maybe even something like him vs. Forrest Griffin. That would be a great fight to watch.

The Lidell vs. Ortiz fight went pretty much the way I thought it would. I really hope that they have a Rampage vs. Lidell rematch soon, that would be another great fight.

Also with Cro Cop, I would like to see him fight someone like Andrei Arlovski to be the #1 contender for the heavyweight belt.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:19 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree... I thought it was a great PPV.

Best fight:
Honestly (and I hate saying it)... I think Ortiz-Liddell was the best fight tonight. A lot of people wrote Ortiz off, and he fought hard the entire time. He recovered from a 1st round knockdown and TOOK LIDDELL DOWN in the second round. He even stood and boxed with him the entire fight (and got some good strikes). The match should NOT have ended when it did. Ortiz was still blocking and actually made a move to get up before the ref stepped in. All in all... I think it was the most balanced match of the night.

Most impressive victory:
It HAS to be Jardine, with Bisping coming in at a close second. Jardine did a great job in there, and ended it by bouncing Griffin's head off the mat a few times. Bisping also had a great fight, but didnt fight the same caliber of opponent that Jardine fought.

Least impressive victory:
Arlovski. The ref's interference had EVERYTHING to do with Arlovski winning that match. If the ref pauses the fight, both fighters should be put at a standing position to continue... if it isnt a rule, it should be. Arlovski just sat and waited until the ref moved before he took a cheap shot and ended the match. Before that point, Cruz was actually doing a good job against him. Horrible match.

Summary:
Liddell is to MMA as the Colts are to the NFL: strong offense with a glaring defensive weakness. The next fighter that can wear Liddell out and take him to the ground will be the next champ. I have a feeling that Rampage will get his shot... and will take the belt away.

Very good PPV.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

UFC was good, but PRIDE is going to blow it away tonight!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both PPV's were solid.

Dont hate on AA. He telegraphed it perfectly you cant discount someone because of that.

Fedor didnt look as good as he usually does. It seemed like Hunt pissed him off than Fedor was like "how about I rip your arm out of the socket"

Another good fight from Nog and Barnett cant wait to see the rubber match.

Nakumura vs Shogun was one of my favorite fights of the night.

Cant believe Aoki beat Hansen so quickly i was kinda bummed Joachim is one of my favorites.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Also GSP is off that next UFC card with an injury.

That card is pretty lopsided. I just wanna see Cro Cops Debut. But besides that the fights kinda suck. I mean Lutter is going to get destroyed. Jacksons gonna destroy Beastman. Cro Cops gonna destroy whoever they put in front of him.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

WAR Bisping, just got back and caught the event, did just what i thought of him, on to bigger and better things. It wouldnt surprise me to see him go up against Forrest fairly soon, as Forrest loves to stay on his feet it wouldn't expose Bispings weakest facet, his wrestling. Also if Bisping wins it's a huge win for him, and if he loses it rebuilds Forrest whilst Bisping wont lose face as he would be the underdog.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I didnt find Bisping to be overly impressive tbh. Not a bad performance at all, but he didnt set the world on fire.