Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW! that is all I can say. AWESOME Pride ppv tonight. The whole thing was amazing. All kinds of crazy outcomes.

Joachim Hansen had a good come back win against Jason Ireland.

Frank Trigg beats Kazou Misaki in what one would call an upset

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou KO's Antonio Rogerio Nogueira quickly in a HUGE upset.

Hayato Sakurai destroyed Mac Danzig (no suprise there)

Shogun finished Allistair Overeem off pretty quickly, I expected Shogun to win but I though Overeem would put up a little bit more of a fight.

NICK DIAZ beat the hell out of Takanori Gomi! HUGE UPSET that I predicted moments before the fight (sarf as my witness), Diaz came to pride and took out one of their Top P4P guys. Amazing fight so exciting.

Dan Henderson got his 2nd belt after defeating Wanderlei Silva, Awesome fight, Dan Henderson controlled most of the fight. Im happy to see one of my favorite fighters destroy top competition. Hendo has been severly underrated by a lot of people and a lot of MMA sites. He showed tonight hes an Elite fighter in the game. Hendo said he possibly wants a 3rd belt and he made sure tos ay he couldnt make LW. SO that means a possible Hendo vs Fedor coming up. Cant wait to see that happen.

Great PPV overall.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink

:shock:

Gomi, Nog and Silva losing, sounds like an amazing PPV. Im gonna have to check out the fights
Old 02-25-2007, 05:04 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang

NICK DIAZ beat the hell out of Takanori Gomi! HUGE UPSET that I predicted moments before the fight (sarf as my witness), Diaz came to pride and took out one of their Top P4P guys. Amazing fight so exciting.

Great PPV overall.
that submission was suhweet. Im gonna try it.

sucks that wanderlei lost, cuz now he'll never get a chance against chuck liddell. I thought wanderlei's chin was stronger, i guess if he went against liddell, it'd be the same outcome.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang

Great PPV overall.
that submission was suhweet. Im gonna try it.

sucks that wanderlei lost, cuz now he'll never get a chance against chuck liddell. I thought wanderlei's chin was stronger, i guess if he went against liddell, it'd be the same outcome.
I wouldnt be so quick to say this. Dan Henderson is a world class wrestler and getting Wandy on the ground and just laying on him took alot out of Wandy. I think wandy was pretty tired when he got KOed . Liddell would not be able to get Wandy down and keep him there so long. There were times in the fight where Wandy almost KOed Hendo but Hendo weathered the storm. I think that if Liddell was in there he wouldnt be able to use takedowns to take away energy from Wandy. This would give Wandy more oppurtunity to eventually land one of his crazy Flurries and possible change the entire fight.

I also have read alot of "Wandy didnt have his roids because it was in America" talk. So that could be something else to look into because Wandy defintely didnt have the viciousness he usually has.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:36 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pride 33 was great. First time I've seen a Pride PPV.

Diaz's gogoplata was just perfect. I hate Diaz and I wanted Gomi to win, but man that was impressive. I think Pride's LW division is overrated, especially Gomi. Once the UFC gets their LW division really rolling, all the top 10 lists will be filled with UFC guys and Melendez.

Great to see Trigg win again, I did pick him to win that fight but I wasn't sure he could actually do it.

Dan was hanging with Silva standing, and then wore him out on the ground, then KOed him. Silva/Liddell would be a great fight (which won't happen now) but I think it would end with Liddell getting the knockout.

A couple rndom observations:
Jerry Millen, the blonde guy that does the post fight interviews is a douchebag. He needs to go fast. "This is why Pride is the #1 MMA organization in the world." great timing on that quote...right after a guy comes over from the UFC and demolishes their LW champion. (Of course we all know Gomi wouldn't be champ if he ever had to defend his belt.)

Josh Barnett said after Silva got knocked out, "I can't remember the last time he was knocked out." This is what, 5 months after he got knocked out by Cro Cop?

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 02-28-2007 at 04:41 AM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:46 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I am so pissed I couldn't get tickets for UFC 70 as by the time I knew they were on sale on the £250 ones were left.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:23 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt get to see this one, but congrats to the Stockton kid Nick Diaz! I've been a fan since he knocked out that cocky SOB Robby Lawler. Diaz is tough.

So Silva lost to Hollywood Henderson? Didnt Silva already beat Chuck lidell?

On another note - I am coming around to BoDog.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The second half of this show will never be deleted from my computer. There were times in the Gomi-Diaz fight that I thought it had to be fake. That fight looked like a movie, simply amazing and has to be the huge front runner for fight of the year.

Say what you want about me, but I seriously don't think Wandy is the same without roid rage. I'm not just talking about the fight, but everything about him seemed different. In the US, Chuck would also knock him out. I don't buy the Dana and the UFC were running from Wandy crap. That said, I doubt they want anything to do with Shogun.

What is it with everybody wanting to fight heavyweight? Lindland against Fedor, Hendo against Fedor, I don't get it. I think it's stupid, I'd like to see Fedor fight other heavyweights.....is that so wrong?

Now we go from one of the greatest shows ever to the snoozefest that is UFC 68.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Pride 33 was great. First time I've seen a Pride PPV.

Diaz's gogoplata was just perfect. I hate Diaz and I wanted Gomi to win, but man that was impressive. I think Pride's LW division is overrated, especially Gomi. Once the UFC gets their LW division really rolling, all the top 10 lists will be filled with UFC guys and Melendez.

Great to see Trigg win again, I did pick him to win that fight but I wasn't sure he could actually do it.

Dan was hanging with Silva standing, and then wore him out on the ground, then KOed him. Silva/Liddell would be a great fight (which won't happen now) but I think it would end with Liddell getting the knockout.

A couple rndom observations:
Jerry Millen, the blonde guy that does the post fight interviews is a douchebag. He needs to go fast. "This is why Pride is the #1 MMA organization in the world." great timing on that quote...right after a guy comes over from the UFC and demolishes their LW champion. (Of course we all know Gomi wouldn't be champ if he ever had to defend his belt.)

Josh Barnett said after Silva got knocked out, "I can't remember the last time he was knocked out." This is what, 5 months after he got knocked out by Cro Cop?
When Barnett said that I think he ment an actual KO because correct me if im wrong the Ref stopped the Cro Cop wandy fight (im not definite about this because its been like 6 months since the fight took place)
Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Man, I am so pissed I couldn't get tickets for UFC 70 as by the time I knew they were on sale on the 250 ones were left.
UK fan, about how many dollars is L250? Sorry, I don't know how to make your currency symbol. You guys are lucky, I would suggest saving your pennies and going to that show.

It's definitely the best UFC show on paper that I can remember in recent history. Absolutely stacked with big names and good match-ups. Only thing that sucks is that there is no Championship match, which is ok because it would probably suck anyway (see GSP-Serra, Couture-Sylvia).

Copy-paste action from MMAweekly:
UFC 70: APRIL 21, 2007 IN MANCHESTER, ENGLAND AT M.E.N. ARENA

-Mirko Cro Cop (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga - Gonzaga is way better than Sanchez and shouldn't run as much. Fairly good chance for highlight reel material.

-Andrei Arlovski (#6 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Fabricio Werdum (#7 Heavyweight in the World) - Look at the UFC HW division go, the next top signing will make it the top promoter.

-Ryoto Machida vs. Forrest Griffin - This is my Gomi-Diaz fight (the one I'm most looking foward to). I know it's not the cool thing to say, but Forrest is one of my favorite fighters. If he can pull this off, he's right back near the top of the UFC LHW division. Machida will be the favorite and the newest star in MMA if he wins.

-Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic - Making the fans happy.

-Assuerio Silva vs. Cheick Kongo - I think this is actually part of the undercard, hopefully they will show it.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
When Barnett said that I think he ment an actual KO because correct me if im wrong the Ref stopped the Cro Cop wandy fight (im not definite about this because its been like 6 months since the fight took place)
No, it was definitely a KO in the purest sense of the word with Wandy laying on the mat and a chunk of his head missing. I have no clue what Barnett was thinking.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
UK fan, about how many dollars is L250? Sorry, I don't know how to make your currency symbol. You guys are lucky, I would suggest saving your pennies and going to that show.

It's definitely the best UFC show on paper that I can remember in recent history. Absolutely stacked with big names and good match-ups. Only thing that sucks is that there is no Championship match, which is ok because it would probably suck anyway (see GSP-Serra, Couture-Sylvia).

Copy-paste action from MMAweekly:
UFC 70: APRIL 21, 2007 IN MANCHESTER, ENGLAND AT M.E.N. ARENA

-Mirko Cro Cop (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga - Gonzaga is way better than Sanchez and shouldn't run as much. Fairly good chance for highlight reel material.

-Andrei Arlovski (#6 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Fabricio Werdum (#7 Heavyweight in the World) - Look at the UFC HW division go, the next top signing will make it the top promoter.

-Ryoto Machida vs. Forrest Griffin - This is my Gomi-Diaz fight (the one I'm most looking foward to). I know it's not the cool thing to say, but Forrest is one of my favorite fighters. If he can pull this off, he's right back near the top of the UFC LHW division. Machida will be the favorite and the newest star in MMA if he wins.

-Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic - Making the fans happy.

-Assuerio Silva vs. Cheick Kongo - I think this is actually part of the undercard, hopefully they will show it.
It's about $490 or so, which I just can't afford, I'm looking on ebay and talking to people I know in Manchester to see if they cant get any from the actual stadium. I'll be doing my utmost to get there, looks a sick card!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Wow $490, I see what you mean.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Yeah, some are going on ebay for £2500, so about $4900, those are font row mind. Still some scalpers are gonna be making major money over this!

Old 02-28-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Yeah, some are going on ebay for £2500, so about $4900, those are font row mind. Still some scalpers are gonna be making major money over this!

Old 02-28-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Machida will upset Griffin (not really an upset but it will seem like one to casual fans)

Kongo and Silva should be a slug fest.

AA vs Werdum is awesome. Werdum is a beast he will sub AA IMO I knew that when Cro Cop came over Werdum would end up following (they train together) I am suprised they are putting him against a top teir guy so quickly, I figured they would feed him some can first to build up momentum.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard that seeing UFC live isnt worth it. Heard that the cage is very difficult to see action in and then when the fight gous to the ground, it is almost impossible.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I have heard that seeing UFC live isnt worth it. Heard that the cage is very difficult to see action in and then when the fight gous to the ground, it is almost impossible.
Lol, at least that makes me feel a better, still want to go though, just for the experience.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Lol, at least that makes me feel a better, still want to go though, just for the experience.
Yeah, it would be cool for sure. But, PRIDE may be a better bet for overall experience. Of course, they wont be in England anytime soon...
Old 02-28-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Didnt Silva already beat Chuck lidell?
Nope. They haven't fought.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Machida will upset Griffin (not really an upset but it will seem like one to casual fans)

Kongo and Silva should be a slug fest.

AA vs Werdum is awesome. Werdum is a beast he will sub AA IMO I knew that when Cro Cop came over Werdum would end up following (they train together) I am suprised they are putting him against a top teir guy so quickly, I figured they would feed him some can first to build up momentum.

I would be really really surprised if Machida lost to Griffin. I think Dana was really impressed with Ryoto, so he's giving him a popular guy taht he will beat to build up his popularity (it worked for Jardine.)

I am also surprised they are putting AA vs. Werdum. Everyone wants to see AA vs. Cro Cop after Cro Cop knocks Sylvia out. They are risking that fight by putting Andrei against someone that stands a very good chance against him. If AA loses, they don't really have a good contender for Mirko (I don't know if Mirko and Werdum would fight eachother?)
Old 02-28-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

I don't really care who Cro Cop fights once he wins the title. I doubt him and Werdum would fight, kind of like a Tito and Rampage thing.

I fully expect Werdum to beat AA, so I don't really know what the UFC plans to do. Maybe they haven't planned that far ahead.

The idea of Chuck moving up just popped into my head for Cro Cop after he wins the title.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFC TONIGHT!!! I can't wait, should be a pretty good show. My upset pick of the night is the Canadian Jason "The Athlete" Macdonald over Rich Franklin.

I think the Couture vs. Sylvia has potential to be one of the most boring fights in history.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
UFC TONIGHT!!! I can't wait, should be a pretty good show. My upset pick of the night is the Canadian Jason "The Athlete" Macdonald over Rich Franklin.

I think the Couture vs. Sylvia has potential to be one of the most boring fights in history.
I think Rich will rebound and KO Macdonald in the 2nd.

Couture vs Sylvia will be a snooze fest. I was watching the preview yesterday and Dana was kind of clowning Sylvia for not finishing fights and always talking about knocking people out and never doing it. I think Sylvia might actually try to finish this fight.

Hughes will crush Lytle in a boring fight.

Im happy to see Babalu return to the octagon.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post

I see Sylvia v Couture being similar to Sylvia v Monson, in that Sylvia will be worried about hitting the mat with Couture and so will attempt to pick at Couture from range, however I see Couture winning via GnP, just a gut feeling.