Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
this will be amazing. im going.

didn't rich kind of get destroyed by silva last time? what are his chances in the rematch?
well, he has to first work on defending against the muay thai clinch, that's for damn sure. If he can avoid that, he has a shot, he's a pretty well rounded fighter.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with what you said, I don't know if Silva was put out by Lutter not making weight, but he looked pretty sloppy in that fight, Lutter really should have slapped on that armbar. Rich could take it if he can avoid the thai clinch

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
rematch with anderson silva in rich franklin's home town after this next ufc.
Actually Andersons next title defense is against Nathan Marquardt according to mmaweekly.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bisping's response to Hamil after he called him out. I found it very funny.

"THE MATT FINISH"
You may have heard that a certain TUF 3 dropout was calling me out last week.

To be honest, I really didnít want to respond because that plays right into his hands by whipping up interest in a fight that I believe is a big step backwards for me.

However, at the same time I donít want anyone thinking I was afraid of this guy, either.

The fighter in question - I forget his name - is a good wrestler but has no BJJ and couldnít strike a match. Heís the one who produced the most embarrassingly amateurish performance of the entire season, where even though he won he couldnít continue in the competition as he was so bashed up.

Do you know who Iím on about? I can picture his face but still canít remember his name but I remember personally sending this novice to the hospital with a busted arm and my mate Kendall Grove - a middleweight - knocked him silly with a high kick in sparring.

I also recall that he went to the hospital three times during TUF 3 and each time came back to the TUF house with his tail between his legs. He spent more time in bandages than King Tut.

But, now, heís shouting my name in an obvious attempt to leap frog from his preliminary bout status to genuine PPV level.

Sorry, pal, I won the TUF 3 three-year contract, thank you very much, so I donít need a part time job running your PR office on the side.

Iíve got a long way to go and a lot to prove in the UFC but - in terms of what I did during my TUF 3 run - I donít think Iím being big-headed when I say my run to the TUF 3 title was pretty damn conclusive.

I scored three consecutive knockouts without a scratch on me while this guy calling me out had one fight that looked like two drunks scrapping outside a kebab shop on a Friday night.

For him to claim Iíve yet to prove Iím the real TUF 3 winner is pathetic."
Old 03-09-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hamill really is terrible. Bisping would walk through him.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All completely relevant points by Mike, loving reading it. I hope at UFC 70 he puts on a real show. WAR BISPING!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know if PRIDE will finally give Shogun his title shot? I have not heard anything public, except for Shogun saying he wants Hendo.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=3578&zoneid=2

UFC 70 to be aired live on Spike TV. This is crazy a PPV caliber event is going to be on Spike TV. Werdum vs AA, Cro Cop vs Gonzaga, Machida vs Griffin and a Mike Bisping fight on top of it all.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...3669&zoneid=13

Fertittas may have bought PRIDE!

If this is true, this is HUGE!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...3669&zoneid=13

Fertittas may have bought PRIDE!

If this is true, this is HUGE!
Yup I read this earlier, They are going to keep the UFC and PRide as two seperate organizations though. With only one "super ppv" each year.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Still that super PPV will be amazing.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TUF 5 started tonight and it look's as if it's going to be a great season. The one guy who lost the fought today reminded me a little bit of Danny Abadi in how bad he was, but the failure to realize his shittyness.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Joe Lauzon or Nathan Diaz will win the whole thing.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Joe Lauzon or Nathan Diaz will win the whole thing.
Those two are pretty good but I also think that Corey Hill and Cole Miller will fair pretty well.

If I were to pick one out of all of them it would probably be Diaz.

stephenson86
Old 04-05-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I AM NOT READING THIS WHOLE THREAD SORRY..

But who in UFC's ***** ass rules could beat Fedor?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Those two are pretty good but I also think that Corey Hill and Cole Miller will fair pretty well.

If I were to pick one out of all of them it would probably be Diaz.
Corey Hill looks like a beast, but I question his technique. He could be one of those huge guys that have little to no MMA training.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Today is UFC 69: Shootout. Who else is ordering it or watching it?

I can't wait to see St. Pierre defend his belt for the first time and most likely KTFO of Matt Serra.

The Sanchez vs. Koscheck fight should be very interesting as well, but I think that Sanchez will win and then most likely get a title shot.

stephenson86
Old 04-07-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

It's on Sunday night here, followed by the premiere of TUF 5 Tuesday. Big MMA week for me :D Can't wait. Must remember to avoid this thread for a day. War GSP!! I don't really care about Kos and Sanchez, not a fan of either. Just hope it is a war and not filled with L'n'P

Old 04-07-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Omg Matt Serra Just Koed Gsp
Old 04-08-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Wow! I can't believe that actually happened. This completely screws up the welterweight division, what happens now? A rematch? or does someone else get a shot first? Mark my words though, GSP will be back and be the champion again.

On another note Big Nog is coming to UFC!

stephenson86
Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WOW! I am a Long Island boy and am therefore excited to see Serra win, but my God. I am so pissed. This means UFC is going to have to blow another PPV main event on freakin Matt Serra. This sucks. I really thought GSP could challenge Fedor for #1 P4P, just a shocking night all around. I did call Kos over Diego though.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, this is an MMA draft going on in the fantasy section. A few spots are left. Javon Favre, I would take you for sure if u want in.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Also, this is an MMA draft going on in the fantasy section. A few spots are left. Javon Favre, I would take you for sure if u want in.
Yes I would...

Also on the PPV...the Sanchez vs. Koscheck fight was one of the biggest letdowns in a while. That was a shitshow the whole way through, I could barely even watch the thing. Tim Sylvia could have put on a better show than that.

stephenson86
Old 04-08-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Corey Hill looks like a beast, but I question his technique. He could be one of those huge guys that have little to no MMA training.
Pulver's team looks alot stronger - Diaz, Miller, and Hill look like the favorites to me.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Damn it why the hell did I look at this thread, can't believe GSP lost, guess I will see tonight :(