Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Pulver's team looks alot stronger - Diaz, Miller, and Hill look like the favorites to me.
Joe Lauzon (BJ Penns Team) and Nathan Diaz are my favorites to win. Lauzon KO-ed Pulver in his UFC Debut.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for whose next in the WW division. I think its either an instant rematch or GSP vs Hughes 3. I think GSP should get the rematch and Hughes should fight Fitch personally.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damnit, now matt hughes is gonna be the ww champ again. eddie sanchez looked terrible.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did you know royce gracie is fighting in k1 and so is... brock lesnar....
Old 04-08-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Yes I would...

Also on the PPV...the Sanchez vs. Koscheck fight was one of the biggest letdowns in a while. That was a shitshow the whole way through, I could barely even watch the thing. Tim Sylvia could have put on a better show than that.

Koscheck fought the perfect fight though. He was able to win the stand up battle with Diego easily, so he stayed on his feet. No need to take it to the ground where he could get subbed. HE could have pushed the pace more, but why? He was on his way to an easy decision that will possibly earn him a title shot, why risk it? Boring fight, yes, but Kos showed me a lot. He won that fight with his weakness, that is impressive any way you slice it.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
did you know royce gracie is fighting in k1 and so is... brock lesnar....

Yeah....but I dont give a damn about either. Royce is a legend, but can't compete anymore. Lesnar is just a freak show who belongs in Japan fighting Zulu.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Joe Lauzon (BJ Penns Team) and Nathan Diaz are my favorites to win. Lauzon KO-ed Pulver in his UFC Debut.

Lauzon has some bad losses on his record, I think his win over Pulver may have been a huge fluke (thats coming from a guy who hates Pulver). He is still a favorite tho along with Diaz. The really tall guy has to be a favorite as well. A 6 foot 4 LW is absolutely insane. If he has good striking and takedown defense at all, he is a damn near impossible guy to fight.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the diego fight was borin last nite
i went to a resturaunt last nite to watch them witha few buddies

the serra-st pierre fight was great
i thought pierre was gonna win since he was the bigger dude but serra stood his ground and beat the **** outta pierre

it was my first time watchin one of these and i definetly have a huge respect for this sport now
and im goin to watch as much as possible
Old 04-09-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I was watching spike tv over the weekend and they were following around Georges St. Pierre. The owner of UFC gave him a car for being a trainer on the show. Can anyone find me a picture of the car they gave him. Its a muscle car its unreal. Im trying to show some people in work but I cant find it.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

dude, Sokoudjou beat Arona's ass. this is what his fifth fight and already he's been the only one to knock out a noguera brother and he knocked out arona.

I think he has a legit chance to beat wanderlei and chuck liddell.

here's the fight:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LsdAidYFT0s
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dude, Sokoudjou beat Arona's ass. this is what his fifth fight and already he's been the only one to knock out a noguera brother and he knocked out arona.

here's the fight:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iMiz5PhJAfk
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:

here's the fight:
Yeah that was really impressive, and hes only 22 I think.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that is good is that we only have to wait 2 weeks for the next UFC now. Cro Cop, Bisping and Arlovski, all for FREE!!!

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching UFC 69 now, really enjoyed the Huerta fight, Josh vs Diego is a snoozefest, Josh looked better in the standup and should have pushed the pace, although fighting the style he did he was never in danger I guess. Serra vs GSP up next, I almost don't want to watch...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone watched the IFL? The difference in talent seems to be vast, but one of the guys that looks like he will soon be in the UFC is that 19 yr old kid Chris horodecki, what a warrior.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Icon

The most RIDICULOUS decision Ive ever seen a sports commission make, this absolutely disgusting and stupid. Nick Diaz, on top of being fined 20% of his purse and getting handed a 6 month suspension, has now had his win over Takanori Gomi stripped by the NSAC.

The chairmen of the NSAC stated that using marijuana aided Diaz in winning a FIGHT and he believed Diaz was high DURING the fight and that is the reason he won.

Tim Sylvia didnt even have his win stripped after testing positive for steroids. Absolutely effing stupid.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=7231
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi everyone, I really don't follow UFC but some college wrestlers Jake Rosholt and Johny Hendricks signed UFC contracts with team takedown this week. I was wondering how long until I can see them get in the octagon. Do they have to go through a amerature ring and only the best of the best get on TV or how does it work?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Hi everyone, I really don't follow UFC but some college wrestlers Jake Rosholt and Johny Hendricks signed UFC contracts with team takedown this week. I was wondering how long until I can see them get in the octagon. Do they have to go through a amerature ring and only the best of the best get on TV or how does it work?
You most likely wont see them in the UFC for a while. If they do for some chance fight soon it will be on hte undercard or on an "Ultimate Fight Night'
Old 04-12-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Icon

And they will be really boring because all they know how to do is take people down and lay on top of them :)
Old 04-13-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A post-fight urinalysis has revealed that lightweight contender Melvin Guillard tested positive for the banned substance Benzoylecgonine, a cocaine metabolite, following his first round submission loss to Joe Stevenson at UFC Fight Night in Las Vegas on April 5th. Guillard faces a possible fine and suspension from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
(10 blah blah)
Old 04-14-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was I the only one who watched Dana vs. Tito: Bad Blood? That was the biggest waste of an hour and a half i've ever had. How did that even make it to the air?

stephenson86
Old 04-14-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Was I the only one who watched Dana vs. Tito: Bad Blood? That was the biggest waste of an hour and a half i've ever had. How did that even make it to the air?
No you werent the only one who wasted time watching that. Nerv and I were also thoroughly pissed off.

Tonights Bodog. with all the crazy upsets lately I wouldnt be suprised if linland beats Fedor tonight.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

So Fedor beat Lindland...

stephenson86
Old 04-15-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Icon

Quote:
So Fedor beat Lindland...
I downloaded the fight but only about 30 seconds of it I could actually see as it was like scrambled and pink.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
I downloaded the fight but only about 30 seconds of it I could actually see as it was like scrambled and pink.
I guess there was some controversy about Fedor holding the ropes to avoid a takedown and then countering and tossing Lindland to the ground.

stephenson86