Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
I bet Dana is pissed.
You know he is. Now he has two upcoming PPV's that will be headlined by 'Gabriel Gonzaga' & 'Matt Serra' instead of Cro Cop or George St Pierre
Old 04-22-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CroCop will be back.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
With the leg injury I really think Rogan over-reacted. It looked bad but Cro Cop's leg's are so flexible I doubt it was serious.
. ...fixed. . .

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
You know he is. Now he has two upcoming PPV's that will be headlined by 'Gabriel Gonzaga' & 'Matt Serra' instead of Cro Cop or George St Pierre
it's ok at least the next ppv, is a win win situation for him.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pay-per view with the main event being a Rich Franklin fight seem's pretty awful, anyone agree?

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That high kick was crazy, came out of nowhere. Reminded me of Cro Cop's high kick on Silva.

Bisping's fight was my favorite of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
The pay-per view with the main event being a Rich Franklin fight seem's pretty awful, anyone agree?
My guess is it will be either live on spike or on HBO.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Lewis View Post
That high kick was crazy, came out of nowhere. Reminded me of Cro Cop's high kick on Silva.

Bisping's fight was my favorite of the night.
The Bisping fight was fun to watch, but his stand up looked a little sloppy compared to previous, maybe it was nerves, maybe Elvis put him out of his comfort zone, but something just didn't click with me.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
The Bisping fight was fun to watch, but his stand up looked a little sloppy compared to previous, maybe it was nerves, maybe Elvis put him out of his comfort zone, but something just didn't click with me.
Had to be the pressure from the hometown crowd.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10164513

Anyone read this? Actually a really good article explaining to the non-affiliated public the merits of MMA. There's another link on that site from someone trying to dismiss MMA in comparison to boxing as well. Seems that boxing fans are worried, even on the eve of DLH and Mayweather.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone check the new SI?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Joe Lauzon with another winnnn wooooooo
Old 05-25-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Joe Lauzon with another winnnn wooooooo
who do you got in corey vs. nate?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say Nate.... if you ask me... I just think Corey is to raw and Nate can an will beat him on the ground.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who besides me thinks that Rampage will dominate Liddell on saturday?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Nate should defintely beat corey. He is one of the top three guys there IMO.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
So who besides me thinks that Rampage will dominate Liddell on saturday?
i would love for that to happen, but i dont think it will. Rampage is also a 2:1 underdog.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone please explain to me why ESPN is trying to convince us that Chuck Lidell is the best MMA fighter??????

Am I missing something????
Old 05-26-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt Liddell get destroyed by the guy he is fighting today?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Didnt Liddell get destroyed by the guy he is fighting today?
Yeah, and he would get DESTROYED even more if he were to fight a guy by the name of Fedor.

WTF?

Just because Liddell made an appearance in "Entourage" that automatically makes him the best in MMA????
Old 05-26-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KoMzRLGukxA

There is Rampage and Liddells previous match.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Just because Liddell made an appearance in "Entourage" that automatically makes him the best in MMA????
They are trying to give the outside world a face to recongnize(sp) in the MMA world, so they are going with a guy people could see and go, oh yeah, he is the best MMA fighter in the world. Mainstream doesn't know who the ICEMAN is but it sounds like he could be something to watch.

He might not be the best, but he can draw more people due to his name and make the sport bigger, like kornikova(sp) did for women's tennis. Just is a set up name until you watch it enough to find out who you want to win and be your favorite guy.
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
They are trying to give the outside world a face to recongnize(sp) in the MMA world, so they are going with a guy people could see and go, oh yeah, he is the best MMA fighter in the world. Mainstream doesn't know who the ICEMAN is but it sounds like he could be something to watch.

He might not be the best, but he can draw more people due to his name and make the sport bigger, like kornikova(sp) did for women's tennis. Just is a set up name until you watch it enough to find out who you want to win and be your favorite guy.
Ok, I understand finding a guy to market the sport, but why say something that is NOT true.

I have no problem with Chuck being the face of MMA, but he should not have a label of "The Best".

He has not deserved that.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Ok, I understand finding a guy to market the sport, but why say something that is NOT true.

I have no problem with Chuck being the face of MMA, but he should not have a label of "The Best".

He has not deserved that.
Plus, isn't he in his 30s?
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think Liddell is 37ish.