Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2006, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Penn, I simply think he is amazing.

As for Swick, I dont think he will KO the crow seeing as he lasted all 5 with Franklin and sustained a ton of punishment, so it will be interesting to me to see swick go 3 rounds.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:46 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have any clue when Anderson Silva's next UFC fight will be? He looked amazing destroying Chris Leben, I wanna see him against one of the top middlewieghts though. He'll probably take down anyone not named Rich Franklin without much problem.

EDIT- nevermind, just found that Silva and Franklin will be fighting for the title at UFC 64, October 14.

Also Sean Sherk will fight Kenny Florian for the vacant lightweight title...and the right to be beaten by Jens Pulver.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:02 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Does anyone have any clue when Anderson Silva's next UFC fight will be? He looked amazing destroying Chris Leben, I wanna see him against one of the top middlewieghts though. He'll probably take down anyone not named Rich Franklin without much problem.

EDIT- nevermind, just found that Silva and Franklin will be fighting for the title at UFC 64, October 14.

Also Sean Sherk will fight Kenny Florian for the vacant lightweight title...and the right to be beaten by Jens Pulver.
The UFC was gonna prep Penn to be LW champ until GSP got hurt from what i heard.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:14 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
The UFC was gonna prep Penn to be LW champ until GSP got hurt from what i heard.
If that's the case., if he loses to Hughes he'll probably drop down to 155.

Pulvers last UFC fight was a majority decision over Penn. That could eventually be a good rematch.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:38 AM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Pride is good. UFC is ok. However, I must say that I was a much bigger fan when UFC had like no rules or weight classes and it was banned in like 40 states.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:36 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrick0016
Pride is good. UFC is ok. However, I must say that I was a much bigger fan when UFC had like no rules or weight classes and it was banned in like 40 states.
When eye gouges and groin kicks were legal :D
Old 09-17-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Quote:
Ill never forget the Gracie vs Kimo fight, where to keep Kimo in his guard on the ground Royce just gripped kimo's ponytail and never let go.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly! Violence at it's best.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Quote:
Quote:
Ill never forget the Gracie vs Kimo fight, where to keep Kimo in his guard on the ground Royce just gripped kimo's ponytail and never let go.
Yeah the Gracies are notoriously dirty fighters.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That wasnt really dirty, I think any fighter with long hair is asking for it to be pulled. Its like RB's with dreads, they are begging for it to get yanked.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That wasnt really dirty, I think any fighter with long hair is asking for it to be pulled. Its like RB's with dreads, they are begging for it to get yanked.
Hey i cant say I blame them. If I am not going to get disqualified for something than im going to do it.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey i cant say I blame them. If I am not going to get disqualified for something than im going to do it.
exactly
Old 09-18-2006, 12:20 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd rather it be less brutal and get shown on TV, than extremely brutal and only shown on PPV.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:22 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd rather it be less brutal and get shown on TV, than extremely brutal and only shown on PPV.
agreed
Old 09-18-2006, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah but they changed the rules way before it even made it to regular television.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Well in 99 & 00 I believe it was, the government was actively attempting to shut the UFC down (headed a lot by Senator McCain who i actualyl like..) and there were a lot of court cases. UFC ref 'Big' John McCarthy said he was in more court rooms those 2 years than he was in his entire career as a SWAT team member. It was said to be 'to brutal & to violent'.

That is when Dana White came in, to save the UFC and allow it to continue they had to put in specific rules & weight classes, the weight classes were big. Another big thing was the ability to stomp or attack the head of a downed oppenent, that was whiped out fast, same with cheaper fighting tactics like headbutts, eye gauges, groin shots, hair pulling etc and weight classes were introduced.

And voila, you have todays UFC, though those old style vs style UFC no rounds, no time limit, no rules fights were nice 8)
Old 09-18-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well in 99 & 00 I believe it was, the government was actively attempting to shut the UFC down (headed a lot by Senator McCain who i actualyl like..) and there were a lot of court cases. UFC ref 'Big' John McCarthy said he was in more court rooms those 2 years than he was in his entire career as a SWAT team member. It was said to be 'to brutal & to violent'.

That is when Dana White came in, to save the UFC and allow it to continue they had to put in specific rules & weight classes, the weight classes were big. Another big thing was the ability to stomp or attack the head of a downed oppenent, that was whiped out fast, same with cheaper fighting tactics like headbutts, eye gauges, groin shots, hair pulling etc and weight classes were introduced.

And voila, you have todays UFC, though those old style vs style UFC no rounds, no time limit, no rules fights were nice 8)
Nerv dropping some knowledge.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

Nerv dropping some knowledge.
indeed
Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
before it even made it to regular television.
But do you think it would be on TV if the rules hadn't changed? They had to change the rules, then they had to get a TV deal.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
But do you think it would be on TV if the rules hadn't changed? They had to change the rules, then they had to get a TV deal.
of course not.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Actually I think with the state of television today it might have. PRIDE's rules are alot looser than UFC's and they are played on television.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:34 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Actually I think with the state of television today it might have. PRIDE's rules are alot looser than UFC's and they are played on television.
I'm no PRIDE expert, but werent' the old UFC rules much more brutal than even Pride? Isn't the only real difference between PRIDE rules and current UFC rules that PRIDE allows kicks to teh head to downed opponents?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
I'm no PRIDE expert, but werent' the old UFC rules much more brutal than even Pride? Isn't the only real difference between PRIDE rules and current UFC rules that PRIDE allows kicks to teh head to downed opponents?
Yeah you can stomp peoples head is basically the only other rule but from what nerv posted that was one of the main problems with the old ufc. I dont think hairpulling would be enough to take it off american television you see that atleast 10 times every episode of Jerry Springer.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah you can stomp peoples head is basically the only other rule but from what nerv posted that was one of the main problems with the old ufc. I dont think hairpulling would be enough to take it off american television you see that atleast 10 times every episode of Jerry Springer.
i think weight classes were big as well charm. peoples safety would be severely at risk with no weight classes at all.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i think weight classes were big as well charm. peoples safety would be severely at risk with no weight classes at all.
Yeah I know that but what im saying is thats not enough to get it not shown on television. Pride has open weight tournaments and they play on tv. The whole thing was someone said the new rules are good because withoutt the rule changes it wouldnt be allowed to be shown on television but I think it would.