Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant like legal owners and all that stuff, I remember hearing that Pride had the better fighters then UFC.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I meant like legal owners and all that stuff, I remember hearing that Pride had the better fighters then UFC.
Oh I read it wrong.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Up until this year Pride owned UFC hard.
yeah, for excitement anyways, altho the quality of fighters is being proven to be close. PRIDE events were a billion times better tho, we will never see cards so stacked anymore.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so is anybody buying UFC 73 that is coming out on saturday?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We get it free, but a day late so despite my best efforts, I end up reading spoilers..

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

that sucks I wish I could get it for free but I think it costs $30 or something and my parents wont get the channels
Old 07-05-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im ordering it, actually i got a nice little Saturday planned, going tubing & getting drunk down the salt river then coming back and watching 73

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ever since I spent a fortune ordering and planning a party for the Tito Ortiz/Ken Shamrock fight that ended in 1 goddamn minute I will no longer order a UFC PPV. I'll be content watching highlight clips
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

haha was that the second fight were before hand in a match there was a puddle of blood on the mat and they didnt stop it then Shamrock got elbowed twice then they stoped it and Shamrock said it was his strategy because Tito cant hurt him. There is another clip on you tube were Shamrock got punched and was leaning forward and the ref stopped the fight and then Ken was complaining about that call also.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha was that the second fight were before hand in a match there was a puddle of blood on the mat and they didnt stop it then Shamrock got elbowed twice then they stoped it and Shamrock said it was his strategy because Tito cant hurt him. There is another clip on you tube were Shamrock got punched and was leaning forward and the ref stopped the fight and then Ken was complaining about that call also.
Exactly. Tito slams Shamrock. Punches him twice, fight over
Old 07-05-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea Shamrock might make a comeback from what I hear, I wonder if he will talk some more trash hoping Tito wants to fight him again. Now Shamrock is a subject matter expert for Marine Corps Martial Arts program.

I was wondering could you see UFC going to ESPN instead of Pay Per View soon trying to get more popularity for the sport?
Old 07-05-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
yea Shamrock might make a comeback from what I hear, I wonder if he will talk some more trash hoping Tito wants to fight him again. Now Shamrock is a subject matter expert for Marine Corps Martial Arts program.

I was wondering could you see UFC going to ESPN instead of Pay Per View soon trying to get more popularity for the sport?
No because I think Spike TV owns all the rights to UFC TV
Old 07-05-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

O I C, well hopefully they put on UFC matches like UFC 73 and all that on Spike TV so I dont have to read spoilers on forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Exactly. Tito slams Shamrock. Punches him twice, fight over
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z_axyjNAb9Y
Old 07-05-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will order UFC, but have to tivo it and watch sunday because i will be at a huge party sat. night. I should just get torrents, but they mess up my cpu.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

So has anybody tried that Pride fighting game on PS2, I played UFC Sudden Impact and it has a good idea but the gameplay sucks so bad.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFC should definately try and come out with a new video game that's actually good soon with the addition of pride. They should get the people who make some of the better wrestling games to do it. If it was playable it would probably be a huge seller.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
UFC should definately try and come out with a new video game that's actually good soon with the addition of pride. They should get the people who make some of the better wrestling games to do it. If it was playable it would probably be a huge seller.
For sure, it will be tough, pretty much impossible, to give a realistic mma feel tho. They will need fighters to help design it, u cant fully understand MMA unless you have rolled a little.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will not be ordering the fight but I will be watching it for free, god I love the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
THQ (made a lot of the wrestling games) has a UFC game in development. I think IGN had an article on it.

EDIT(Heres an article):http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/01/19/thq-...c-video-games/

Last edited by ccB : 07-06-2007 at 10:07 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I think in order to make a good UFC game they should use a striking engine similar to Fight Night utilizing the sticks. The submissions are going to be whats hard to get down. In the other ufc/pride games once you were on the ground on you back you were most likely gonna get subbed out.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I will not be ordering the fight but I will be watching it for free, god I love the internet.

THQ (made a lot of the wrestling games) has a UFC game in development. I think IGN had an article on it.

EDIT(Heres an article):http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/01/19/thq-...c-video-games/
What is the website? Do you have to pay to watch videos or is it really not legal?

Also about the video game I am glad to hear that it will have annuall releases.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What is the website? Do you have to pay to watch videos or is it really not legal?

Also about the video game I am glad to hear that it will have annuall releases.
I'd imagine getting the event streamed live to a computer is a illegal.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea it doesnt sound like something that isnt the most legal thing.

From what I have heard, Tank Abbott VS. Kimbo Slice will go down on Cage Furry Fighting Championships 6
Old 07-06-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

I've trained 5 hours for the last three day my reach advantage makes striking really easy and I'm gonna try to stand up and strike during the fight. As far as on the ground my armbars are my best strength but I'm always looking for that Rear Naked Choke. The fight is tomorrow and I'm pretty pumped. I have one more training session today for on my back defense.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

you all should video tape it and youtube it.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

nate diaz is gonna fight in the EliteXC