Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
Well, I just came home from the fight to get changed then I'm going out to celebrate BECAUSE I WON! 1min 11sec into the 1st round Rear-Naked Choke! Let me tell you, it is pretty cool to say: "Hi, I'm gbpackers0065 and I have an undefeated Mixed Martial Arts record." I'll update with details tomorrow, I'm out.
congrats good luck w/ your future endavors.

this was the 1,000th post in this thread!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...day/index.html

some bad blood between Tito and White.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Tito and Rashad have a draw, for anybody that saw this fight do you agree w/ the call?
Old 07-08-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with it. If Tito wouldn't have tried to cheat he could have won. As he said "you ain't cheating you ain't trying" . Also Tito was gassed by the 3rd if it would have went any longer he would have lost. But if you just look @ the fight and not the "technical" stuff Tito could/should have won.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First time ive seen Tito that badly gassed in just 3 rounds.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heath herring got robbed.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tito Ortiz is at the point in his career where his name is the only thing carrying him into main events. UFC needs to work hard to start promoting new talent into main vent status
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
heath herring got robbed.
Yeah, Ref shoulda stopped the fight but I guess the Ref knew that Nog has some of the best recovering skills in MMA and he wasnt going to **** the boss (dana) with another big time fighter getting snuffed out early. I think we are all better off that Nog won.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Yeah, Ref shoulda stopped the fight but I guess the Ref knew that Nog has some of the best recovering skills in MMA and he wasnt going to **** the boss (dana) with another big time fighter getting snuffed out early. I think we are all better off that Nog won.
yeah he's obviously multiple times better than herring, he just got caught.

pretty good chin, same kick that knocked cro cop out.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with that Herring should of won, he got lucky on 1 kick, the rest of the fight Nog dominated him

and i determined that Sherk had his arms and legs switched, this is why he is only 5'5 but is ripped to hell
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I have Silva over Marquardt (although id like to see Marquardt win) Sherk over Franca (rather see Franca win) Nog over Herring, Evans over Tito, Florian over Robinson.
If it wasnt for the draw I'd be perfect with my picks.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I disagree with that Herring should of won, he got lucky on 1 kick, the rest of the fight Nog dominated him

and i determined that Sherk had his arms and legs switched, this is why he is only 5'5 but is ripped to hell
I dont know how you can disagree, the ref let it go atleast a good 5 seconds longer than any other ref would. That fight would have been stopped by most ref's, your right in saying Nog dominated but a KO is a KO and Nog was on dream street. He should give half his pay day to Yves Lavigne because hes the reason Nog won. But with this said I am sooooooo happy Nog did not lose to Herring, I cant take another Cro Cop/Gonzaga.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to watch the fight again (and of course it's the 1 fight i can't find from 73) but I don't think Minotauro was out, dazed yes, but knocked out no. and i hope he is next in line for a title shot

Old 07-08-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

rashad evans is easily my most hated fighter now.

He was such a little b*tch in the post fight interview. Tito was classy complimenting him yet rashad acts like a little punk *ss.

watch the tito-rashad post fight interview.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.video
Old 07-08-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

i don't care about either of them, they both are just in the top 10 of the division and would be dismantled by the elite of it

Old 07-08-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
rashad evans is easily my most hated fighter now.

He was such a little b*tch in the post fight interview. Tito was classy complimenting him yet rashad acts like a little punk *ss.

watch the tito-rashad post fight interview.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.video
Meh who cares, Titos been a punk ass his whole career, its about time someone shows him some of his own medicine.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tito outclassing someone in the post-fight interview????

That's a first.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

that fight sucked.

and after watching it again, i think it was more of an act than anything to hype up their rematch. hopefully, they don't get one.

Last edited by soybean : 07-08-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the nog thing, yes most refs would have stopped it, however, I think part of being a ref is knowing the fighters. Nog has some of the best comebacks in history and I am going to assume the ref let it go on purpose bc of Nog's ability to recover (and perhaps that fact that Dana would chew him out lol)
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus Nog wasnt out-out, he was buzzed, but was working from the bottom and trying to defend and get guard.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

anyone got a link to where i can watch the minotauro fight again, i have basically the rest of them, pm me if you want em

Old 07-08-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

best i could find:

Old 07-08-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Nog is pretty tough to have survived that.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Here are some of the fights i have found so far

Silva vs Marquardt
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h...vs-nathan-marq

Florian vs Robinson
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h...ny-florian-ufc

Ortiz vs Evans
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h...s-rashad-evans

and after watching the Nog fight again at my friends house, I am very confident that he wasn't knocked out, and he was defending himself, Herring even walk away after he got into the guard

Last edited by fenikz : 07-09-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

all those movies have been removed :(