Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodley definitely isn't ready for Diaz. Diaz would outstrike him and while he's an explosive wrestler his top control isn't great. Definitely would be near unstoppable in the UFC because last night the refs stood up the fights often which I don't disagree with because when you are in a guys full guard with your head on their chest tapping their body it should be stood up. Unfortunately in the UFC wrestlers can stall over half a round doing this. If Cormier continues to improve and refine his loose striking he will be a top 10 HW one day. OSP had a grinding win but time to give that kid a break. 3 fights in 7 weeks in ridiculous. And he's beaten good fighters. Britt, Radach, and Abongo are all legit fighters.

BTW Phil Davis and Hamill has been added to the Toronto card likely rounding it out. It will be a great fight especially to see what Mr Wonderful can do when he can't take someone down at will because his standup is really clunky. Still I'm kind of shocked that Joe Silva didn't put a single strikers match on the card. Usually they put at least one fight guaranteed to be a slug fest but all the fights on this card look like grappling battles.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If Maynard wants to. Seems like Gray feels like he is owed an immediate rematch. Who knows we've seen how long Rashad has waited for Shogun, so who knows maybe he thinks the same way. At least it appears as if Pettis will fight whoever the UFC gives him. Really I still think the best option is a Bendo rematch. It was an amazing first fight and regardless of who wins the UFC can still promote the unification of the titles. If Pettis loses to a Kenflo or Sot the unification of belts idea is killed.
They should have Maynard fight Pettis for the WEC belt, then the winner goes on to Edgar for the unification.

Maynard has zero claim to a rematch, though. They fought to a draw, and he lost 3 rounds. He couldn't finish Edgar when he had him. Not saying Edgar is better than Maynard or the other way around, but the way that fight went down, I don't see how you can skip the guy who needed to be next in line to take care of some business as the WEC merged into the UFC roster.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/8/...ufc-title-shot

Quote:
Anthony Pettis Will Fight, Not Wait for UFC Title Shot
Quote:
"I only want to face guys at the top - George Sotiropoulos, Clay Guida, Jim Miller, [Sean] Sherk, anybody that makes sense," said Pettis. "I don't want to fight someone who isn't high level. If I fight, I think I've earned fighting the best guys."
Pettis vs Guida would be an unreal fight.

Personally I would like to see him fight Sotiropoulos for the #1 contender spot.

I guess we will wait and see what happens there. Any way it shakes out it sucks for Pettis but this is nothing new to the UFC. He was promised a shot, unforseen circumstances prevented this, now he's going to have to fight once more to retain the shot.

The article mentions Condit and Cantwell not getting title shots when they merged those divisions into the UFC and I don't think there should be a huge uproar that he's not getting the immediate shot. If he is that good he will win his next fight and get the title shot and if he's exposed by someone like Sotiropoulos or Guida it will make him better in the long run, and make him work harder for a shot.

I think it's part of being a fighter. **** happens that is unexpected. Use it as motivation and rise above it.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Woodley definitely isn't ready for Diaz. Diaz would outstrike him and while he's an explosive wrestler his top control isn't great. Definitely would be near unstoppable in the UFC because last night the refs stood up the fights often which I don't disagree with because when you are in a guys full guard with your head on their chest tapping their body it should be stood up. Unfortunately in the UFC wrestlers can stall over half a round doing this. If Cormier continues to improve and refine his loose striking he will be a top 10 HW one day. OSP had a grinding win but time to give that kid a break. 3 fights in 7 weeks in ridiculous. And he's beaten good fighters. Britt, Radach, and Abongo are all legit fighters.

BTW Phil Davis and Hamill has been added to the Toronto card likely rounding it out. It will be a great fight especially to see what Mr Wonderful can do when he can't take someone down at will because his standup is really clunky. Still I'm kind of shocked that Joe Silva didn't put a single strikers match on the card. Usually they put at least one fight guaranteed to be a slug fest but all the fights on this card look like grappling battles.
Is woodley fighting Diaz? I wasnt able to get the card so I didnt hear any announcements. I love Woodley as a prospect, trainers have said he is more naturally athletic then GSP. It will be great to see his career progress.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's believed to be next in line after Diaz fights Cyborg. They could put Woodley against Daley though as a #1 contender fight but that fight will either go one of two ways. Woodley flat on his face within the first minute or more likely Daley being Koschecked and humped for 3 rounds. BTW as for Pettis they shouldn't give him a fight just to fight. Any fight he gets should be a true #1 contender fight, either GSot or Miller.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daley is way too dangerous for Woodley. I'd rather they just send him straight to Diaz than ruin his credibility by possibly losing to Daley. At least losing to Diaz is respectable.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Im taking Fedor to win the Strikeforce Heavyweight tournament, who do you guys got? (Im might as well of asked who isnt calling for Overeem)
Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Fedor. The Werdum fight was a fluke. Fedor's still the best and he's still the best ever.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fedor had Werdum, but was careless and made a huge mistake against a submission artist.

He is still the best fighter in the world IMO.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Fedor and Overeem in the finals with Fedor winning by submission.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fedor and Overeem would fight before the finals because they have the other side of the tournament with Barnett, Rogers, Arlovski, and Sergei. I think Fedor beats Bigfoot, and after that it depends. If he faces Werdum again he might get stunned because Werdum might just lure him to the ground again. It's less of Fedor making a mistake and more of Werdum being better on the ground. Fedor's ground and pound is his bread and butter, but he needs to strike to beat Werdum.

I don't think he'll get the rematch though because Overeem probably would beat Werdum this time around if he stays off the ground. Werdum is one dimensional, but he's the best at that one dimension. Overeem should make it a kickboxing match instead of working his grappling like he usually does. I don't think his gas tank could handle grappling with Werdum for a round. He's put on a lot of muscle, and he never had good cardio at either heavyweight or LHW. He can last three rounds in a kickboxing match, but that's nowhere near as tiring as an MM match with grappling. I think Overeem will take it with a KO in the first, then meet Fedor in the semis. I think Fedor will beat Overeem, and then Sergei because Barnett will test positive again and have their fight called off in the finals.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Even if it goes to the ground again between Fedor and Werdum, Fedor won't leave limbs in there like that. I mean, everyone saw what was happening...screaming at the TV "get your arm out of there". It was a very similar mistake to what Lesnar did in his first fight against Mir.

Fedor beats Werdum 999,999/1,000,000. And I have a very high opinion of Werdum.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Werdum is a king on the ground though, and the longer Fedor stays there the more he opens himself up to losing. His ground and pound is a great controlled violence. He just wails on guys with a certain rhythm, but he can't do that against Werdum again.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget that Fedor is pretty nifty with submissions as well. His sambo mostly concentrates on leg locks and what not but Fedor has a good maybe great sub game. Obviously him subbing Werdum is highly unlikely but Werdum subbing Fedor won't be easy what so ever especially with Fedor learning from his mistake.

I think Werdum can beat Overeem. I will be rooting for Werdum that's for sure.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-09-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, Fedor should have zero fear of going to the mat with anyone. He just got careless and paid for it. The way it happened, I've wondered if Fedor didn't lose on purpose to get people to stop talking about him so much.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about the other side of the bracket? Sergei Kharitonov has to be an underdog on this one to me
Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
How about the other side of the bracket? Sergei Kharitonov has to be an underdog on this one to me
Depends on what kind of shape each of those guys are in. Barnett would be the conventional favorite, but if Kharitonov is in shape he might have the upperhand.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Big news about TUF. Brock and JDS are going to be coaches, and since Cain is on the shelf for a while they'll fight in June to see who faces Cain for the belt this year. I'm not a fan of them being coaches, but I like the matchup.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah A Brazilian and a recluse might not be the greatest idea as coaches, but the matchup should be nice.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Also rumored Pettis will now fight Guida.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

I give Cigano the advantage as a coach and in the fight. I don't think Brock can stand with Cigano and even though JDS hasn't really shown us his ground game, he does own a brown belt in BJJ.

I hope Guida wins. That being said...not sure he will. Pettis is young and very good...but I love me some Guida <3

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-11-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Pettis beat Guida and earn his title shot, then follow that up with a number one contender match between Jim Miller and G-Sot, assuming they beat Shalorus and Siver.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also rumored Pettis will now fight Guida.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Aldo is fighting in Toronto. That is ******* boner-ific. The card is now awesome
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I give Cigano the advantage as a coach and in the fight. I don't think Brock can stand with Cigano and even though JDS hasn't really shown us his ground game, he does own a brown belt in BJJ.

I hope Guida wins. That being said...not sure he will. Pettis is young and very good...but I love me some Guida <3
**** you buddy, Anthony Pettis is god

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote