Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Overeem has never failed a drug test and was just as big in the Brett Rogers fight which was in the U.S.
Ya, Overeem is smart about it. He's not dodging the tests or Fedor now, but he had been for awhile. I just think that a big stink will be made about the fight if it's not in the U.S. Even though they could probably put together the biggest crowd for a fight EVER if they had the Overeem-Fedor fight in Japan (not sure what venues they have available).

Look, the guy uses PEDs. I don't care, I don't take anything away from the guy because he's obviously got amazing skill as well. I think the PEDs just got him to HW quicker, which is where the money is if you're fighting anywhere but North America.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's always one fight at a time with Fedor. They're letting Barnett and Overeem fight the first round in Japan, but Fedor's people sure as **** are going to make him fight in the States if Overeem gets past Werdum. And Overeem will have to be clean.

There's a ******* reason it's taken so long for them to fight. Overeem, until recently, was dodging both Fedor and the US athletic commissions. I really don't care that he's juicing, but I don't blame Fedor for not wanting to fight someone who's roided raging come fight night.
Really your love for your russian overlord is so strong that you think Overeem was ducking HIM? L-O-*******-L

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read the last page or so of argument on Fedor and Overeem and roids and whos ducking who. I just figured I would add my two cents from someone that is pretty neutral to both parties. I really do like both fighters but would not call myself a fan of either by any means.

-The question of steroids with Overeem in my mind is still not obvious. To have a frame such as his and being in a profession that necessitates intense training means that it seems like a potentially realistic weight gain. He just looks amazing because he is a professional athlete who takes very good care of himself in my opinion. I can't believe when people just put pictures of him as a lanky kid at 205 compared to him now as if its evidence. He just became a man. In fact, look at overeem's brother, he is huge too but just either isnt as commited or as blessed as Allistair, but he still is a huge dude and in decent shape.
-As for the whole Fed was ducking the Reem or visa versa, I really think it is very clear that Overeem is not afraid of Fedor. Overeem is so intensely confident that it truly borders on cockiness. He really doesnt seem afraid to fight anyone because he just believes he is the ****. As for Fedor, the more I see him and hte more i hear about him, the more it is clear that he is just a simple man who fights because he is gifted and doesnt really care about business or whatever. He does what his advisers say and he has not idea of the politics surrounding much of what goes on.
-When thinking about a fight between the two of them, it is really impossible to say until we see how fedor is after another longish layoff after his first loss. He doesnt seem like the type to get spooked from a loss, but you never know....after ten years of only winning, it is quite the shock to lose.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the fights gonna be on showtime or on some other channel?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Are the fights gonna be on showtime or on some other channel?
showtime i believe.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Just read the last page or so of argument on Fedor and Overeem and roids and whos ducking who. I just figured I would add my two cents from someone that is pretty neutral to both parties. I really do like both fighters but would not call myself a fan of either by any means.

-The question of steroids with Overeem in my mind is still not obvious. To have a frame such as his and being in a profession that necessitates intense training means that it seems like a potentially realistic weight gain. He just looks amazing because he is a professional athlete who takes very good care of himself in my opinion. I can't believe when people just put pictures of him as a lanky kid at 205 compared to him now as if its evidence. He just became a man. In fact, look at overeem's brother, he is huge too but just either isnt as commited or as blessed as Allistair, but he still is a huge dude and in decent shape.
-As for the whole Fed was ducking the Reem or visa versa, I really think it is very clear that Overeem is not afraid of Fedor. Overeem is so intensely confident that it truly borders on cockiness. He really doesnt seem afraid to fight anyone because he just believes he is the ****. As for Fedor, the more I see him and hte more i hear about him, the more it is clear that he is just a simple man who fights because he is gifted and doesnt really care about business or whatever. He does what his advisers say and he has not idea of the politics surrounding much of what goes on.
-When thinking about a fight between the two of them, it is really impossible to say until we see how fedor is after another longish layoff after his first loss. He doesnt seem like the type to get spooked from a loss, but you never know....after ten years of only winning, it is quite the shock to lose.
The thing with Fedor is time and time again he's had the opportunity to fight the best and he turns it down to keep fighting cans in the B-league.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well to be fair he has an amazing deal with Strikeforce, I would certainly take that over being just another HW in the UFC
Old 02-12-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys think is gonna replace Hammil in 129 vs. Phil Davis. I'm praying for Bader or Rashad(although I doubt it)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't have showtime...anyone know where I can watch the fights???

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of love the PRIDE feel to this.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

man that chick is asking some incredibly stupid questions...wtf does the music Fedor listen to matter?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-12-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, watching this interview is painful
Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
lol, watching this interview is painful
Overflowing with personality.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lulz hilarious fight, awesome.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

WOOOOOOOOO WOW...that was great...that's why I LOVE MMA ahaha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gianpiero Villante is from my area so its sad to see him get killed like that.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that is why you don't ever drop your hands, kids. Let it be a lesson learned.

Also, nothing nastier than a busted cauliflower ear.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SF putting on a great card, my prospect to watch Del Rosario up next! Should be another brawl. Big Johnson is clunky and sloppy but has ridiculous power.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Del Rosario is also my prospect to watch. Dude can be so good

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-12-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

what a horrible showing by Johnson

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-12-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn did he even have time to tap?
Old 02-12-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Some seriously powerful dudes, worried Del Rosario would struggle with the power.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Damn did he even have time to tap?
He tapped when he got up because his arm got straightened out.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Kawajiri in the US by the way.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

11% for Arlovski? You've gotta be kidding.