Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys know, I'm the biggest Fedor fan here. But that was the right decision.

He couldn't continue with just one eye.

I'm disappointed. I hope to see Fedor fight again.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats with all the Fedor hate now? The guy had a very honorable career. I dont get why Dana White said he hasn't done anything for the sport, if Fedor would of fought in the UFC during his Pride days no one would have beat him(not to say that I would know that but c'mon). I thought people in Pride were better at the time. The guys been in the sport for a long time, he didn't lose for 10 years. I would just like to see him retire now so that he can keep his record and legacy the way it is. Its sad to see it end like that but thats how things are gonna be. Silva beat him fair and so did Werdum.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Whats with all the Fedor hate now? The guy had a very honorable career. I dont get why Dana White said he hasn't done anything for the sport, if Fedor would of fought in the UFC during his Pride days no one would have beat him(not to say that I would know that but c'mon). I thought people in Pride were better at the time. The guys been in the sport for a long time, he didn't lose for 10 years. I would just like to see him retire now so that he can keep his record and legacy the way it is. Its sad to see it end like that but thats how things are gonna be. Silva beat him fair and so did Werdum.
How is that surprising Dana has been bashing Fedor for forever.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
How is that surprising Dana has been bashing Fedor for forever.
Ya true, Ill rephrase that. Dana White is a ***** for saying..... He is so full of ****
Old 02-14-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dana White is a fight promoter, he is basically a highly compensated troll.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always take Dana's comments with a grain of salt or comedy. I really only listen to him when he's discussing matchmaking or talking about upcoming event locations. Beyond that he's just going to say whatever to pump up guys in his own org while trashing other orgs. If Fedor was with the UFC he'd hail him as the great fighter he is, but since he's not he **** talks him. A lot of MMA journalists ask him the same thing about Fedor too, so I don't blame him for making it a bit entertaining. It's not true that Fedor is a bum, but it's funny to hear that. Think Chael Sonnen.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah Dana is about as Slimy as it gets, he'll talk about how Overeem isn't even a top 10 MMA HW and couldn't beat most of the HW's in the UFC, yet when they are at events together he is sucking is junk and we all know he would give his unborn baby to get Ubereem in the UFC. Hey I'm all for trash talk and hyping your company and actually the trash talk doesn't bother me but when you are the head of huge sport trending company like the UFC you need to show some ounce of professionalism. I mean MMA had a hard enough time getting legalized in most states and hell still isn't legal in New York, so how can anyone take Dana serious when he can't grab his tongue no matter who is interviewing him.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
You guys know, I'm the biggest Fedor fan here. But that was the right decision.

He couldn't continue with just one eye.

I'm disappointed. I hope to see Fedor fight again.
You know, I get that, but I still think Fedor could've gone another round, just cause he's fedor, plus they were starting to get that eye open a little.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
yeah Dana is about as Slimy as it gets, he'll talk about how Overeem isn't even a top 10 MMA HW and couldn't beat most of the HW's in the UFC, yet when they are at events together he is sucking is junk and we all know he would give his unborn baby to get Ubereem in the UFC. Hey I'm all for trash talk and hyping your company and actually the trash talk doesn't bother me but when you are the head of huge sport trending company like the UFC you need to show some ounce of professionalism. I mean MMA had a hard enough time getting legalized in most states and hell still isn't legal in New York, so how can anyone take Dana serious when he can't grab his tongue no matter who is interviewing him.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Dana White is a highly polarizing figure, and that is a huge reason why the UFC has become such a huge success. You can talk about how he needs to be professional and all, but for what? What else would come of it?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You know, I get that, but I still think Fedor could've gone another round, just cause he's fedor, plus they were starting to get that eye open a little.
I don't know, man. That was some serious swelling. I agree with the doctor's decision. He couldn't let a fighter with such a limited vision continue, no matter who that fighter is.

Maybe Fedor should get rid of that gut (there's gotta be 30+ pounds of fat in there) and move down to 205. Wishful thinking, probably.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fedor try to make 205, but at this point in his career I don't think it's a good idea. Usually when guys cut for the first time they are slower and have less energy. That's not always the case, but it has happened. Strikeforce's light-heavyweight division is pretty weak though, so he wouldn't have to worry about doing that against really strong comp. If it gets him a win I'd be cool with it.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He aint cutting weight. I just dont seem him changing up his routine to such a drastic extent. This is not really a knock on him even though it is definitely going to sound like one. He is just a backwards, old fashioned guy who isn't going to ever change his methods of training, even if more advanced or scientific techniques exist. To cut 30ish pounds, he would need to really watch his nutrition and change his workout routine in a way that he isnt going to even think of.

Last edited by josh07039 : 02-15-2011 at 11:08 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Tito hurt again, Phil Davis vs Lil Nog. Simple as this Davis has elite wrestling even better than Bader so this could be a 3 round hump fest. Davis has solid submissions from the top but no way in hell he subs Nog after he has struggled completing subs against low level competition. Davis though has some of the slowest and worst striking in the LHW division so if Nog can keep it standing he will pick him apart. My pick though is Davis UD via leg hump.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** this. I wanted to see Phil Davis in Toronto. Any clue who is replacing him at 129?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Props to Phil Davis for taking the fight. I think he got screwed with Hamill being moved to fight Rampage because that was the right type of test he needs. Lil Nog is a bigger step up in competition than Hamill. I think he can beat Nog if he works on staying out of subs. Nog hasn't looked too impressive in the UFC besides knocking out Cane. Nog has good takedown defense though, so he may keep it standing and handle Davis on the feet.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Lil Nog has had pretty good takedown defense but he lost against Bader because he couldn't stay off his back and IMO Davis is the more dynamic and powerful wrestler. Difference though is that Bader had the threat of the powerful overhand right to keep Nog honest but Davis poses little threat on the feet. Only thing impressive I've seen from Davis standing is some decent leg kicks but he just looks so slow and nervous on his feet and doesn't protect his dome well.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone remember Nogs match w/ Jason Brilz? Davis has a great chance in that fight
Old 02-20-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Got to say the card on Saturday is pretty damn crappy for a ppv, I sure as hell am not ordering it. The free UFC on versus in a couple of weeks Sanchez vs Kampmann is a far stronger card than this upcoming UFC 127 Penn vs Fitch. I mean really Chris Cammozi against Kyle Noke on the main card? I know it's in Australia but that should not be a main card ppv fight. Not to mention the one fight which had promise to be an amazing fight of Lytle vs Condit is now Lytle vs Brian Ebersole with Condit getting injured. Siver vs Sot should be exciting though. If Rivera KO's Bisping cold though that would make it an amazing card.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The card in Australia like the UFC 120 card is solely to promote the sport in the country within which it's taking place.

Bisping Rivera and Penn Fitch should be fun fights. Siver v Sotiropolus should be a good match until Siver gets choked or arm barred and Lytle is always great to watch, fair enough on the Comozzi v Noke thing, but Kyle Noke like it or not is pretty important to this market.

I wouldn't spend 40 bucks on it but it's a smart card for the UFC who're going to want to do an Aussie TUF franchise from what I've heard.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:10 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like separate TUF from the US or would it be like AUS vs UK or something
Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am excited for the Bisping fight, I think it is going to be a slugfest. Rivera has massively got under Mike's skin and I think that might make him sit down on his punches some... someone is getting knocked out I reckon

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I agree that it will be standing but Bisping won't let it become a slug fest or he'll be Hendo'D. Bisping is the better technical striker, he will use his movement and pick him apart jumping in and out. Whether he can keep that up for 3 rounds though is yet to be seen. I have Bisping by UD unless he gets caught which can happen at any time against Rivera. Should be a good fight.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw Fedor wouldn't drop to 205, that's Mousasi's division
Old 02-23-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
btw Fedor wouldn't drop to 205, that's Mousasi's division
That doesn't have anything to do with anything. Those two would fight if they were in the same weight class. They're not like Machida-Silva or Fedor-Aleks. They respect each other greatly, and would fight each other to test themselves against a great fighter.

Mousasi plans to be a heavyweight in the next few years anyway. Guys outside of the UFC don't cut weight that much.

Fedor won't go to 205 because he's never cut and has no interest in cutting weight. He'd lose too much. And with Fedor, we're talking about an extreme example in losing to Big Foot. He won't face those challenges against anyone else in the 265 range. Even with the challenges, I don't see him losing to Big Foot if they were to fight again. I really wanted to see him against Werdum a second time...maybe if Overeem wins...
Old 02-23-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty excited for UFC 127 for the sole reason that I'll be there in person. But BlindSite was spot on about the quality of the fight. Other than the Main Event which is an elite fight, there are two mid-tier fights (Condit/Lytle would have made a third) and the rest are garbage Fight Night quality fights. To the educated MMA fan it's card that should be free but as far as the casual MMA fan in Australia is concerned it's a battle with a lot of good fighters.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote