Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Taking Carwin tonight over JDS.. I know fenikz has his pimp hand ready to backhand me, but he's got great odds right now. I don't really have a preference over either fighter, just the right price right now.
what was it when you got it +140 right now and I'm semi considering it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
what was it when you got it +140 right now and I'm semi considering it
Regardless of odds, I like Carwin. Im prepared to eat crow, but I like Carwin. There are so many unknowns in the fight that it really is impossible to be confident in a pick one way or the other, but Carwins power and wrestling seem like a good bet for me.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with the lost weight I still say Carwin gasses if it gets past the first.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Even with the lost weight I still say Carwin gasses if it gets past the first.
That is entirely possible, but I think that his biggest issue was punching himself out in the brock fight. If he can fight at a more measured pace combined with his loss of about 20-30 pounds of weightlifter (steroid) weight, he might have decent cardio. Also, JDS didn't look all that fresh at many points in a one sided fight against roy. Not sure why no one mentions that JDS was gassing when he was teeing off on a fat man.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carwin looks so much smaller. Interested to see it after the surgery and layoff. No strong feelings for me on this one, either, but I'll probably side with JDS.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Dave Herman has a bit to work on in terms of striking D and Cardio but he is still one of my favorite heavyweight prospects. Awesomely exciting fight.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha another sloppy yet entertaining fight. Man Carwin would have obliterated Einamo unless Carwin's ground game is really that poor.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense just did not exist in that fight
Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

link me +rep :)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
link me +rep :)
I hope you figured out the links because maia munoz was quite a fun little fight.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Maia was sick the first round, Munoz is the slowest starter in the UFC. Munoz definitely won rounds 2+3 though. Maia though could have had a 10-8 first round so it could have been a draw but I agree with 29-28, 30-27 though hell now. Munoz has horrible striking defense but may be the most powerful non heavyweight in the UFC.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Agree with the decision, but I'm not sure how one judge could give Munoz the first
Old 06-11-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm happy with a 29-28 across the board. 30-27 must have been a Cecil or something.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need link!!! +rep
Old 06-11-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be in Dos Santos' corner.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Munoz keeps getting better. Good wrestling, sick power, and a great chin. His strike defense though will get him in trouble. I mean Kendall Grove almost finished him. How dumb was that going for a d'arce choke on Maia and giving up top position. He probably has the best training partners in the world though and is super likable. It's just tough watching his fights as a fan because he is a terribly slow starter and he doesn't gameplan well. But hey he's 6-1 as a UFC MW with his only loss a split decision to Okami although that should have been a UD for Okami.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Need link!!! +rep
Same!!! Somebody deliver the goods!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does everyone hate Kenny so much?

Old 06-11-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Ken-Flo looked good, still though I think Chad Mendes would beat him. Hominick would be an amazing fight. BTW Dana White gave Omigawa the win bonus, at least props for that.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
He wore a bruins jersey to the weigh ins.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
He came to the weigh in's in a Bruins Jersey.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I think Stann vs Munoz is a logical next fight although Joe Silva seems to want to only pair Stann with Strikers so it will be FOTN type matchup. Standing Stann would obliterate Munoz, but don't forget Stann had horrible wrestling at 205 and is not good off his back so Munoz could easily take him down and finish him, it would definitely be a great matchup of two of the high character guys in MMA and it could go either way. The winner of that would be right in title contention.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Stann vs Munoz is a logical next fight although Joe Silva seems to want to only pair Stann with Strikers so it will be FOTN type matchup. Standing Stann would obliterate Munoz, but don't forget Stann had horrible wrestling at 205 and is not good off his back so Munoz could easily take him down and finish him, it would definitely be a great matchup of two of the high character guys in MMA and it could go either way. The winner of that would be right in title contention.
That is a perfect matchup because whoever wins proves the skill that is doubtful. Stann would need to show improved wrestling and Munoz would probably need to show some standup because Stann's wrestling right now isn't so bad that he could just LnP.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He came to the weigh in's in a Bruins Jersey.
Ohh a hockey thing. Stupid Canadians.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is this still going on? If so, I need a link quick.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote