Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan put his hands on Pat Barry to pull him off and I thought it was over at that stage. Still awesome though.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
WHAT THE FCK!!!!!

Craziest ish I have ever seen. I thought Congo was out 3 times. I think Barry thought he was just going to put him down easy then out of nowhere wtf.
Barry just got overexcited going in for the kill and let his guard down mentally. I can't really blame Barry because who would have thought that would happen?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I truly believe Kongo went out twice but has sick recovery ability, he threw that uppercart on wobbly legs with his hands down.

Lol I want to see a rematch.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 06-26-2011 at 10:53 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was ******* insane, how do you do that

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of felt bad for Barry but he got wreckless, pray to God Dana doesn't cut him after this but the guy just doesn't have the right mind set just like the Cro Cop fight. I think he should face Mitrione next but if he loses he's out. Probably won't give him Mitrione though since Matt is 5-0 in the UFC.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt is fighting Kongo next. It's the final of UFC's little HW GP.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Haha I can't stop watching that fight over and over and over again. Rough recollection of the call:
Quote:
Rogan: "Oh it's over he's out."
Goldberg: "No he's still alive."
Goldberg: "Ok he's out now"
Rogan: "Yeah it's over"
Rogan: "Wow Murgliota is really letting this go"
Goldberg: "Wow Kongo is still alive but he's in big trouble"
Rogan: "Oh Pat Barry's out!!"

Old 06-28-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Mirgliotta is one of the most blood thirsty refs, but he seems to be OK when he does HW fights.

Amazing fight that one.

Apparently Machida is getting the winner of Bader / Ortiz or Griffin / Rua. I'm thinking they'll want him to fight Griffin or Bader no matter what, but Machida Rua 3 could be interesting though I don't think they'll go that way.

Either way Bader / Griffin Machida should be fun to watch.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I don't want to see Rua/Machida 3, if Machida lost that again not sure where his career would be and it's not a good enough rivalry to go for a 3rd fight especially this scene. Definitely don't want to see Machida vs Ortiz again, although highly, highly, doubt he manages to beat Bader. Machida is a bad matchup for Forrest and IMO he would beat Bader since his takedown defense is solid.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Machida is a bad match-up for all but two guys in MMA....
Old 06-30-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I don't want to see Rua/Machida 3, if Machida lost that again not sure where his career would be and it's not a good enough rivalry to go for a 3rd fight especially this scene. Definitely don't want to see Machida vs Ortiz again, although highly, highly, doubt he manages to beat Bader. Machida is a bad matchup for Forrest and IMO he would beat Bader since his takedown defense is solid.
IMO they'll give him Bader and try to make it for the october card on the same card as GSP for the shot at Rampage / Jones winner unless the Rashad Evans / Howard fight at 135 (i think) is for the next title shot.

It's an unusual situation, Its hard for them not to give Rashad the shot if he wins.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

They'll make the Evans-Jones fight if they can. Otherwise they'll make Rashad-Rampage II.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

So pumped for the card on saturday, just on the facebook pre-lims, Njuokani vs Winner and Mizugaki vs Bowles have FOTN written all over them. On the spike prelims Guillard vs Roller and Dos Anjos vs Sotiropoulous are about as great as prelim fights get. Main card is actually just ok. Faber vs Cruz is going to be fireworks, I'm a Faber guy but I don't think anyone at 135 can solve him with how he fights now, although a rematch with Bowles would be nice. A Cruz/Aldo superfight has to be in sights. Wanderlei and Leben should be fireworkds for as long as that lasts. The one fight I'm not too pumped for is Bader vs Tito but hey with Bader's KO power and Tito possibly flashing some retro Tito the fight as potential. Most likely though I see an uneventful decision for Bader. Condit vs DHK should be good if you look at it in terms of importance to the division but I can see DHK griding out a boring decision on the matt. Hopefully Siver gets a flashy KO to start off the main card.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Bader-Tito is probably going to be a humpfest.

Looking forward to all of the other fights, though. Leben-Silva should be epic.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah this card has me very excited. My boy George is fighting, Wand and Leben will slug it out and pretty much the rest of the fights on the card have potential to be awesome.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man im excited for this card. I got:

Siver over Wiman
Condit over Kim
Bader over Ortiz
Wandy over Leben
and Faber over Cruz

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Leben/Silva fight is gonna be as good as it seems. I see Leben coming out with a blood thirsty game plan and Wanderlei circling around, counter punching for most of the fight.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

There's no way the Leben-Silva fight isn't going to be exciting. Silva's not a counter-puncher. They both are press-forward fighters that don't back down and are willing to take big hits. It's going to be a ******* war. Fight of the Year easily (so far) if it goes more than a round.

The only potentially terrible fight on that card is Tito-Bader. I'm predicting that one turns into a humpfest. I just don't see it going any other way.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
There's no way the Leben-Silva fight isn't going to be exciting. Silva's not a counter-puncher. They both are press-forward fighters that don't back down and are willing to take big hits. It's going to be a ******* war. Fight of the Year easily (so far) if it goes more than a round.

The only potentially terrible fight on that card is Tito-Bader. I'm predicting that one turns into a humpfest. I just don't see it going any other way.
This.

Wandy is gonna go in there tryna rip Leben's head off and vice-versa. I'm HOPING SO BAD Wandy takes it. I love me some Wandy.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 07-02-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I love Leben, and am probably rooting for him in this fight, but Wandy winning does more for the 185 division, to be honest. So many great fights with Wandy out there...

Leben will be around forever no matter what because he puts on great fights.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

My picks for tonight:

Jeff Houghand vs. Donny Walker:
Never seen either of these guys fight but yeah for picking purposes I’ll go with Houghland, lol.

Andre Winner vs. Anthony Njokuani:
This is a potential FOTN matchup, no doubt this will be a stand up affair although with Winner’s piss poor takedown defense there is space for Njokuani to take it to the map. Andre Winner actually has some the fastest and most technical hands in the division however he isn’t good at anything else. Njokuani is the far more diverse striker and will keep his range. IMO Njokuani beat Edson Barboza but yeah I’ll take Njokuani by 2nd round TKO. Mark another win for the WEC, although Winner has been fed to the Wolves and been given tough opponents.

Brad Tavares vs. Aaron Simpson:
Yeah doesn’t look good for Tavares. Tavares is just a really tough guy who isn’t really great at anything. He has shown atleast that Tuf11 wasn’t completely useless. Simpson though is just too strong of a wrestler and will get the easy 3 round decision.

Brian Bowles vs. Mizugaki
Bowles IMO especially if Faber gets the upset should be the #1 contender. I see him taking an easy 3 round decision. Mizugaki is tough but Bowles is just the better wrestler and quicker guy overall on the feet.

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. George Sotiropoulous
I tentatively choose Sot and think at some point he will manage to get Dos Anjos on the ground and sub him. It can be a dangerous fight for him though since Dos Anjos likely has a striking advantage and has solid jitz.

Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller
I have Roller winning via first round submission. This would no doubt be a massive upset. However long Guillard can keep it standing the more likely he is to get the KO win although Roller does have nice power. Despite Guillard having decent takedown defense no doubt Roller will get him on the back and expose Guillard’s ground game once again.

Dennis Siver vs. Matt Wiman
Hopefully Siver will win via spinning back kick. Regardless this will likely be a similar outcome to the Sot fight. With his striking and takedown defense I really think Siver deserves to be in title contention with a win.

Stun Gun vs. Carlos Condit
Stun gun will win via 3 rounds of humping.

Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader
Tito’s last win was in 2006 vs. Ken Shamrock, yup it’s been that long. I see Bader controlling Tito for 3 rounds, Tito’s only hope is pulling a sub off the bottom which is highly unlikely. A loss for Bader though sets him back big time.

Wanderlei vs. Leben
Tough to pick a fight like this but really who cares who wins. I can only pray this is like Wanderlei/Rich. I think Wanderlei will mix in some takedowns and take the bout.

Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber
I’m the biggest Faber fan and will be rooting for him but I just can’t see him winning. Cruz has just evolved too much since the last fight while Faber is just getting older and losing some explosion. Cruz’s footwork and angles will be too much for Urijah. Also with his improved takedown D and wrestling Urijah could be on his back although he has great scrambles. I have Cruz taking the decision as Faber will struggle to find rhythm much like Benevidez. I think Urijah’s hope in his fight is really pressing Dominick and not letting him get his range. Urijah will need to take his back to win.

BTW on a side note I'm really rooting for Marquardt to sign with Bellator, Bellator has wasted away Hector Lombard's career giving him can's, I want to see him at least get one real test. It's to the point that Lombard doesn't even need to improve because the quality of competition is just too low.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 07-02-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I gotta disagree with you STRIP. I'm the biggest Faber fan. lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 07-02-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

This bud lite ring is an eye sore.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where can i watch these fights? I know some are supposed to be on fb, but how?
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really hope Faber can win this fight. He is the most popular Northern California fighter and would be great for him and the area to get the publicity of a UFC champion.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote