Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah, but the problem is that the UFC puts crap in front of him. In the UFC he has fought: jason dent, John Halverson, Leonard Garcia, and Douglas Evans. CRAP! And, he only has a 50% finish rate.......sorry not buying the hype, the tat is sweet tho.
But who exactly could he fight in the UFC that would prove hes good? At the moment UFC is pretty weak at LW. If they are using a LW fighter who is in the UFC right now there isnt no one better the Huerta, maybe Joe Stevenson but hes got a fight coming up soon and probably wouldnt be ready by than. Even if he didnt have a fight Id still take Huerta over him.

Kenny Florian is probably the best LW in the UFC that isnt either 1. on roids or 2. BJ Penn. But does Dana give him another title shot so soon?

EDIT: I just notice Huerta has just been added onto the same card as the Stevenson fight, so perhaps Joe is a possibility after. Another name on that card that could be a decent opponent for BJ is Marcus Aurelio

Last edited by ccB : 07-20-2007 at 08:32 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
But who exactly could he fight in the UFC that would prove hes good? At the moment UFC is pretty weak at LW. If they are using a LW fighter who is in the UFC right now there isnt no one better the Huerta, maybe Joe Stevenson but hes got a fight coming up soon and probably wouldnt be ready by than. Even if he didnt have a fight Id still take Huerta over him.

Kenny Florian is probably the best LW in the UFC that isnt either 1. on roids or 2. BJ Penn. But does Dana give him another title shot so soon?

EDIT: I just notice Huerta has just been added onto the same card as the Stevenson fight, so perhaps Joe is a possibility after. Another name on that card that could be a decent opponent for BJ is Marcus Aurelio
I would prefer to bring PRIDE guys (why was it bought?) If Dana wont do it, put him in there vs KenFlo, he is better comp than anyone else. He has fought nobody that even belongs in the UFC. If he beats Kenny Florian I think his rep goes up a ton because as of right now he has flashed skills but has no very legit wins in the UFC, KenFlo would be a legit win. You cant get a title shot by winning vs crappy opponents, imo anyway.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=4365&zoneid=2

Sherk is filing an appeal also Hermes Franca.

Quote:
In Sean Sherk’s case, the levels for nandralone came back at 12 ng/mL. The average adult will test for nandralone at 2 ng/mL, and an athlete with vigorous activity will test up to 6 ng/mL. Garcia stands behind the fact that Sherk’s test coming back at 12 ng/mL, twice the limit, is more than enough to prove the positive testing correct.
he had twice the limit of a athlete doing vigorous training, granted his training is probably tougher then what they are basing it on, but having twice the limit is not good for Sherk.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 07-20-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

He takes 66 pills a day, I'm not surprised he had those levels.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if it was the UFC doing the tests i bet he could get away with it but not with the CSAC

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pride is on FSN now, Sokodujo just knocked out Arona (probably spelled their names wrong).
Old 07-22-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Pride is on FSN now, Sokodujo just knocked out Arona (probably spelled their names wrong).
he's got bricks as hands.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
he's got bricks as hands.
I really like Sokoudjo but I cant buy into the hype yet. When he beat Nog I felt it was a fluke, when he beat Arona I started buying into it a little more. I need to see him one more time before I can become a true Soukodjou groupie.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

If you watched that Pride it was funny because some sacraficial lamb looking for his 15 minutes of fame was sent out against Cro Crop and Cro Crop would kick him then Yamomoto would tap his own leg taunting Cro Crop. It was like dangling a T-bone steak above the Lion pit.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got another 3 hours til it comes on, good to know that the Soko fight is on it, I have a lot of faith that he will be a top 5 LHW within a year and a half or so

Old 07-22-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is is Soko fighting next?

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=4365&zoneid=2

Sherk is filing an appeal also Hermes Franca.

he had twice the limit of a athlete doing vigorous training, granted his training is probably tougher then what they are basing it on, but having twice the limit is not good for Sherk.
During that whole fight I was looking at Sherk and thinking is it possible to look like that if your not on something?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I'm not sure, the last I heard was that his deal with EliteXC had fallen through and he was in talks with K-1 Heroes, he is supposedly going to be making over $200,000 a fight, the 1st being with Alistair Overeem

Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I remember he was talking about lifting since he was 7, that is crazy.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Do you see the UFC progessing Shogun to be the face of the UFC instead of Liddell, I mean yea Liddell is a badass but give Shogun some time in the octagon and he will probably be unstoppable, Shogun is younger and probably more marketable if he can speak english fluently.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xuxj2zpmvk

Rampage on Sirius interview.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you see the UFC progessing Shogun to be the face of the UFC instead of Liddell, I mean yea Liddell is a badass but give Shogun some time in the octagon and he will probably be unstoppable, Shogun is younger and probably more marketable if he can speak english fluently.
He doesnt speak english tho......I really hope he learns. As of now all he knows is "I love America" haha. Apparently he has a new haircut too, I cant find pics tho, maybe Dana put him up to it.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rampage and Couture are the faces of the UFC now.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes they deserve to be, but Liddell is getting all the late night talk shows and he gets punked and all that stuff. In Rampages interview he said Chuck gets treated better then everybody else.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Liddell really isn't that marketable, yes he is probably the most well known man in MMA but he really isn't that great of a speaker and IMO has very little charisma, Rampage will make things much more interesting for the UFC as champ, and once Shogun learns english i do see him becoming the face of the UFC, he is like 23-24 now

Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea it is 25-26 so he has 10-12 years of dominance ahead of him.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I wish the UFC would feed Rashad Evans to either Shogun or Wanderlei. Both would be perfect candidates to expose Rashad and end any inkling that he may be a LHW contender.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I wish Silva would have faced Liddell that would have been a good one. Are Tito and Rashad going to have a re-match?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
I wish Silva would have faced Liddell that would have been a good one. Are Tito and Rashad going to have a re-match?
they had it at first on the rumors on mmaweekly, but then they took it off...

[shrugs] go figure...

p.s. chuck is gonna kill Keith jardine
Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There showing the Couture vs Silvia fight on SpikeTV right now.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote