Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Vera rumored to be fighting in the UFC again at UFC 78 vs Andrei Arlovski, should be an entertaining match.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I got the Bushido box set (3 dvds) for $13
on-line or in a store? What store because I got mine at FYE.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
on-line or in a store? What store because I got mine at FYE.
Record and Tape Traders, Goto Best Buy instead of mall stores like FYE, they usually have fighting tapes cheaper there.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will check them out, yea the same video is $20 on sherdog but w/ shipping and all it evens out. CCBG did you get those videos used?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I got the Bushido box set (3 dvds) for $13
Me too, good stuff.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

It is official Tank Abbott VS. Kimbo Slice in October. http://sports.bodogbeat.com/mma-news...ial-94285.html

I got Kimbo w/ a KO or TKO.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 08-01-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is official Tank Abbott VS. Kimbo Slice in October. I got Kimbo w/ a KO or TKO.
I wonder when brock lesnar is gonna get to fight again.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

There are reports that Liddell didn't want to fight Shogun and chose Jardeine instead but Liddell denies them. http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=4436&zoneid=2

I would have loved to see Liddell VS. Shogun
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are the best Pride and UFC cards? I noticed on Sherdog that is selling a lot of them for around $15 to $20
PRIDE 33 (not released yet tho) and Bushido 9 are the two best PRIDE cards ever imo. Bushido 9 is well worth the money, 7 is good too. I dont really know much about UFC history tho, I think The one with Randy vs Rizzo was amazing tho.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are reports that Liddell didn't want to fight Shogun and chose Jardeine instead but Liddell denies them. http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=4436&zoneid=2

I would have loved to see Liddell VS. Shogun
that would be stupid by the UFC imo, Shogun is not known yet so u have to build him slowly with wins. If he beats Liddell, Shogun is huge, but your cash cow Liddell is no longer a maineventer. If Liddell wins, Shogun just seems like a sacraficial lamb to uneducated fans, sad but true. Great for the fans, crappy for the UFC business wise.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Fabricio Werdum joins the Chute Boxe academy

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...4485&zoneid=13

This could be scary, a young BJJ master like Werdum will benefit so much from training with Chute Boxe. This will take his striking ability to another level. First the guy trains with Cro Cop now Wandy, Shogun and the boys.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Fabricio Werdum joins the Chute Boxe academy

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...4485&zoneid=13

This could be scary, a young BJJ master like Werdum will benefit so much from training with Chute Boxe. This will take his striking ability to another level. First the guy trains with Cro Cop now Wandy, Shogun and the boys.
could be huge, unfortunatley Wandy isnt training there anymore (for a little while at least). I have always liked Werdum, was really pulling for him to put on a show vs Arlovski....
Old 08-10-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brandon Vera rumored to be fighting in the UFC again at UFC 78 vs Andrei Arlovski, should be an entertaining match.
Orlovsky was boring in the last fight I saw. He seems really hesistant, I don't think he's quite been the same since getting ko'd. Vera will probably bring the fight to him and force him to into a dogfight though - maybe we'll even catch a glimpse of the pitbull.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
PRIDE 33 (not released yet tho) and Bushido 9 are the two best PRIDE cards ever imo. Bushido 9 is well worth the money, 7 is good too. I dont really know much about UFC history tho, I think The one with Randy vs Rizzo was amazing tho.
yea I got Bushido 9 it looks sick.

We are now less then one month until Rampage VS. Dangerous Dan Henderson!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Orlovsky was boring in the last fight I saw. He seems really hesistant, I don't think he's quite been the same since getting ko'd. Vera will probably bring the fight to him and force him to into a dogfight though - maybe we'll even catch a glimpse of the pitbull.
I think Andrei looked so hesistant in his last fight because he knew it was a must win. He knew he was ahead on the score cards so he wasnt going to screw up and get KO-ed or caught in a submission. He went the smart but boring route ala Tim Sylvia and Josh Koscheck.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so who does everone got in the Hendo vs Rampage bout?

I gotta go with Henderson he is just the better all around fighter, but i think it will last at least 3 rounds

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree that it will last more then 3 but I dont think it goes the distance, there is just to much knockout power in those 4 hands that will be in the ring. Henderson now has KO power w/ a left hook that he used against Silva, Henderson will be able to defend against Rampage throws IMO due to is Greco Roman olympic wrestling backround. I think both fighters will try to keep it standing. Henderson also has a KO win over Silva who Rampage lost to by TKO or KO twice,I forget which it was though. Rampage also has more octagon expierence. I am not certain about wrestling.

My pick- Henderson TKO after a vicious right, left, right punch combo.

I will admit Henderson is my favorite fighter so that may be a little biased. I will have to re-watch some Henderson fights before I decide the official combo though.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 08-11-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Yeah Henderson is probably my 2nd favorite fighter after BJ Penn so I am a little bias but I think he wins by GNP.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rampage by dogbite

In all seriousness I gotta go with Hendo though in the fourth.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

No matter who wins I think this fight is going to be a classic.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20196335/

Rampage VS. Henderson article, it is called the biggest MMA fight in history.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dont know, but I dont really buy the Rampage hype. I think Hendo will outstrike him for a few rounds, hurt him a few times and finish him with his HUGE right hand in the 3rd maybe earlier. Page is getting all of this hype because he beat Liddell. Now, I was one of Liddell's biggest supporters and thought he was amazing and did not deserve all of the negative views from serious MMA fans. However, I think he just had that style to beat Chuck, I dont but the rejuvenated Page argument. Page is what he is imo, and that is a borderline top 5 LHW, thats just how I see it. It is similar to Arona-Wanderlei. Arona is a borderline top 5 205er, but even when Wand was undisputed #1 p4p, his style gave him fits. That doesnt make Arona a top 2 or 3 205er in my book. I could be totally wrong and Page could beat Hendo, but I dont see how. Hendo is the more polished striker, probably has the best one punch weapon in his straight right, and is probably the better wrestler too. Page is bigger, but thats about it I think. I think Hendo looks dominant. When he fights Shogun it may be another story:)
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I will admit I will be nervous for the winner that faces Shogun.

About Shogun, who do you think is he better pound for pound fighter, Shogun or Fedor?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will admit I will be nervous for the winner that faces Shogun.

About Shogun, who do you think is he better pound for pound fighter, Shogun or Fedor?
I think it's Fedor.

Shogun may be the best in his weight class, but he hasn't faced Hendo yet, who could very well be his toughest opponent to date.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Fedor is #1 for sure, BUT he does need to fight some better competition AND soon or he can lose his spot. The argument can be made that Fedor has only fought 2 top 10 HW in his career (altho I dont subscribe to that theory totally). Fedor is #1 but it is not as cut and dry as a lot of MMA people will have u believe. If he does not sign with the UFC, I think he is in severe danger of losing out to a guy like Shogun, Hendo, Penn, Anderson Silva (if he keeps going nuts).