Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about no please :/

bad enough having to watch it on replays over and over like Corey Hill's leg

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have lurked on sherdog a little just to hear crazy opinions. A lot of morons on that site have said that mirs grappling is overrated and he hasnt subbed anyone worth it. I think its hard to argue with his grappling now. Id actually like to see Mir against Cain. I think that the only way we know if Mir is worth anything is for him to go through a guy of Cains caliber. I think Cain would rightfull be favored but mir would have several avenues to victory as well.
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn i think Mir was actually out for a little, but sick bjj, his mix of technique and strength as a heavy=deadly bjj. I think Nog was already tapping though before the final yank upwards to break his arm.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes that such a great win is how so many Pride fanboys talked massive **** about Mir before and after the first fight. First it was that Mir's BJJ was nowhere near Nog's level, then it was that Mir got lucky. Now it'll be something completely different. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I have lurked on sherdog a little just to hear crazy opinions. A lot of morons on that site have said that mirs grappling is overrated and he hasnt subbed anyone worth it. I think its hard to argue with his grappling now. Id actually like to see Mir against Cain. I think that the only way we know if Mir is worth anything is for him to go through a guy of Cains caliber. I think Cain would rightfull be favored but mir would have several avenues to victory as well.
That's fine with me. Mir will absolutely get wrecked unless Cain has turned *****, but he deserves a step up fight. Cain would be absolutely perfect....Mir gets the big fight he feels he deserves (and kind of does I guess) and Cain gets a good bounceback win that should be relatively easy imo.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never post on sherdog UFC discussion section they are so stupid.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole card has been amazing so far.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I never post on sherdog UFC discussion section they are so stupid.
Yup. Diet and Supplement and Strength & Power sections are great though. So many knowledgable guys there.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
This whole card has been amazing so far.
The main card? Really? It has been alright, but aside from the Nog-Mir groundwork I don't think anything has been particularly great. Zombie KO was cool because it was so quick, but it wasn't HL reel quality. Nog beating up on Tito was pretty cool because it was Tito, but you see that type of G&P at least once on every PPV card. Idk.

Last edited by Rob S : 12-10-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
That's fine with me. Mir will absolutely get wrecked unless Cain has turned *****, but he deserves a step up fight. Cain would be absolutely perfect....Mir gets the big fight he feels he deserves (and kind of does I guess) and Cain gets a good bounceback win that should be relatively easy imo.
The thing is that while it is conceivable that Cain could use his crazy cardio and wrestling to win, he has shown that he can be knocked out by JDS and stunned easily by Kongo. Mir has much more ability to finish when someone is stunned than Kongo in that he can jump on a guillotine as he did against kongo, etc. Mir could also submit cain on the ground. We don't even know if Cain is prone to submissions or being swept because he hasnt gone up against a guy of mirs caliber. Most likely though, Mir shows a weak chin or just gets pounded on the ground.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The main card? Really? It has been alright, but aside from the Nog-Mir groundwork I don't think anything has been particularly great. Zombie KO was cool because it was so quick, but it wasn't HL reel quality. Nog beating up on Tito was pretty cool because it was Titio, but you see that type of G&P at least once on every PPV card. Idk.
Prelims had 3 finishes too, I dunno, it's just been really entertaining for some reason. Not a lot of technical battles but a lot of crazy knockouts and subs.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The thing is that while it is conceivable that Cain could use his crazy cardio and wrestling to win, he has shown that he can be knocked out by JDS and stunned easily by Kongo. Mir has much more ability to finish when someone is stunned than Kongo in that he can jump on a guillotine as he did against kongo, etc. Mir could also submit cain on the ground. We don't even know if Cain is prone to submissions or being swept because he hasnt gone up against a guy of mirs caliber. Most likely though, Mir shows a weak chin or just gets pounded on the ground.
I get what you're saying.....it's somewhat interesting. I just don't think Mir is all that great quite honestly.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Prelims had 3 finishes too, I dunno, it's just been really entertaining for some reason. Not a lot of technical battles but a lot of crazy knockouts and subs.
I didn't watch prelims, so idk about those. I love finishes as much as the next guy, but I like my fight to last more than 5 minutes sometimes too haha.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Stylezzz make fightzzz
Old 12-10-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Good call on the TD by Bones. He needed that.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One word to describe that choke: Nasty.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow...wtf just happened lol didn't even see that guillotine

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

That was a fun fight in general and I didnt doubt his toughness, but he definitley showed that he has room to improve and also that he is dominant in every part of the game and can finish in a number of ways. Who beats him?
Old 12-10-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Jones haters are going to have some serious health problems hating on the dude. What a helluva finish!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
That was a fun fight in general and I didnt doubt his toughness, but he definitley showed that he has room to improve and also that he is dominant in every part of the game and can finish in a number of ways. Who beats him?
Hendo is an obvious answer, but Phil Davis might have the best chance imo.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one can beat him.

Edit: No one in the UFC right now.

Last edited by Complex : 12-10-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

I wonder if Ebersole still thinks the guillotine is a myth.
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Phil Davis might have the best chance.
sorry but no I don't see it. Davis is raw as hell and will be a while til he can give Jones a decent fight. Jones would wreck him right now.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he is so good, he entered the UFC as a freak but now he is extremely technical and you can see the vast improvements he makes from fight to fight

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wonder if Ebersole still thinks the guillotine is a myth.
It is a myth...Jon Jones is just a mythological creature...

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: