Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
People always try to say a guy should move up when he is dominating a division... GSP, Ando, BJ, Torres, Aldo... Or move down in Fedor's case when there was no one in the HW division... Why should they? BJ did it and now LW is super deep and his career is ruined.
In Bones' case I just think he's going to keep getting bigger until cutting to 205 starts to become too exhausting, add to that domination of his division for some years and I think we'll see him fighting at HW later in his career, which could prove incredibly long, especially if the Machida fight gets him to focus more on his striking so that he can avoid the repeated shots to the dome that end up breaking Iron Chin'd fighters like Chuck, Nog and Wanderlei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
JDS by utter destruction. Knocks him out twitching.
One day. Jones's ground game is still improving, his striking has a ton of room to grow and he'll get bigger.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really understand why he needs to get bigger? Couldn't he just maintain the strength/conditioning program he is currently on and stay the same/similar size?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I don't really understand why he needs to get bigger? Couldn't he just maintain the strength/conditioning program he is currently on and stay the same/similar size?
Yeah, I don't get that, either. He's lanky as hell. He's not likely to go to HW. He loses any advantage he has as a LHW.

He's 24. It's not like he's 19-21... He's done growing. He might get a little bigger, but he'll mostly just get better at cutting to 205 from a bigger weight.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jon Jones ever goes up to HW and fights elite opposition he gets knocked cold. That's just my opinion, but I feel pretty strongly about it.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If Jon Jones ever goes up to HW and fights elite opposition he gets knocked cold. That's just my opinion, but I feel pretty strongly about it.
I do not understand the talk about him eventually moving up to heavyweight. His legs are so skinny, even Rogan who has a huge man crush on him acknowledges how comical they are. His body frame just doesn't have that broad, heavweight look to it. I remember when Frank Mir talked about going to lhw because he saw how forrest would get to like 240 between fights, but clearly a 240 frank mir and a 240 forrest griffin do not look the same. I think the same is true with Jones. Look Ive heard people say that Jones gets to 230ish as evidence that Jones should move up, but I think the notion is ludicrous. Jones doesn't seem to have problems cutting weight and the fact is, even if he does in the future, I cant imagine him ever having the strength to go up against a guy like Lesnar, Carwin, Mir, even a smaller heavy like JDS is just built differently.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:14 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lesnar is going to beat Overeem.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Lesnar is going to beat Overeem.
Doubt it. I got Overeem winning this one.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Lesnar early in this one. His wrestling should prove to be the difference here, and even if Overeem stops some of his takedowns he'll be tired as hell if he doesn't put Brock away early. I think Lesnar manhandles him and ground and pounds him pretty badly in the first.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Brock can get the takedowns and avoid a fist fight he should be OK. If he can't get Ubereem to the ground he is pretty much ******, his striking is beyond pathetic. I don't think Brock should have a problem effectively utilizing his wrestling but he hasn't fought in about 14 months so ring rust could be a factor. I'm not too excited about the rest of the card but there are some pretty decent match-ups.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so hyped for tonight. I want Lesnar to win, but he has so many obstacles to overcome in this fight. Rust, health, cardio, elite striker, lack of size advantage... I'm not even going to make a prediction.

Lots of other good fights, too. Diaz-Cerrone should be amazing. Janitor-Mauler should have an exciting finish (Gustaffson has only had one decision in his career). And we'll all get a chance to order pizza and make a beer run during the Fitch-Hendricks infomercial.

I think the Facebook card is better than the Main card. Nunes-Gamburyan is a high level fight that could be a co-main if more people were familiar with the FW's. I always love watching Matt Riddle and he's fighting another exciting guy in Luis Ramos - that's my predicted FotN. And we have the return of Efrain Escudero, which should be fun.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diaz vs. Cerrone is going to be good. So much **** talking between guys who usually go after it during fights. I think Cerrone takes a decision, but I wouldn't be surprised if he lost unless he just gets owned in one punch Mark Hominick/KZ style.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Links tonight for the fight? Pinching pennies this weekend!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Links tonight for the fight? Pinching pennies this weekend!
I thought this said punching penises...

Wow.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I always check here:
http://www.mmashareforum.com/serious...am-t50407.html

When I can't find a stream. Won't likely have any posted until right as it starts or very soon after.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tried streaming that, didn't work. And I don't feel charitable enough to "donate."
Old 12-30-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap Johny Hendricks
Old 12-30-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

The words 'holy' and '****' need to be put together for that Hendricks/Fitch fight. GSP haters are going to be out in full force too. lol

Old 12-30-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

LOL **** You, Jon Fitch. Eat it, *****.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely hate the Diaz brothers and their boyfriend Shields but gtdamn...Cowboy got picked apart big time.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-30-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Great fight. Cerrone should have taken a chance on that first leg kick knock down he got in the third round. Nate's dangerous, but he was in a bad position to defend himself if Cerrone swarmed him.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Cerrone just looked too timid and sloppy, Nate really had to hit something vital early on.

Those kicks should have been thrown much much more.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-31-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was pathetic
Old 12-31-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goddammit Brock.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

LMAO Brock you dumbass lil girl

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-31-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Noooooooooo. :(