Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what site do you guys use now that the Feds took down firstrow?
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
So what site do you guys use now that the Feds took down firstrow?
it still works. check pms.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Want Condit to win, but I know Diaz is the favorite. Nothing to go off of if the fight goes 4-5 rounds for Condit.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Want Condit to win, but I know Diaz is the favorite. Nothing to go off of if the fight goes 4-5 rounds for Condit.
Idk, I don't think Diaz is a huge favorite amongst MMA people. It is a total pick em' fight imo.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So that head kick was just beautiful.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
raiderz, it's not that they come off as gigantic douchebags, it's that they in fact are gigantic douchebags.
I gotta say that I used to feel the same way about Nick (Ive always been pretty apathetic about nate) but I feel like he is a bit of a dick, but he seems worse because of his lack of social skills, communication skills, and an overall anxiety/paranoia deal with the media. After hearing some of the stuff hes said in interviews and the countdown series recently, ive noticed that within his unintelligible rants, there are moments where he says something that makes you understand him more.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been at a family bbq, but i'm finally back home. What have i missed?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** Joe Rogan, put down the coke.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Holy **** Joe Rogan, put down the coke.
In a world where a boring asshole like Joe Buck who doesnt give a crap about what sport hes calling gets to do some big games for the MLB and NFL, its nice to have a guy as pumped about his job as Rogan is about MMA.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I enjoy Rogan's commentary quite a bit. Especially when he is talking jitz.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, Renan Barao is the man. We already knew that, but still.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I enjoy Rogan's commentary quite a bit. Especially when he is talking jitz.
I just started taking bjj about a month ago and there have been a few times when things rogan has said during commentary have occured to me while in class and they have been helpful. I really started to respect him after that. It is actually amazing how well he explains all the positions on the fly.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Koscheck's best move is his eye poke. The dude does it in like every fight.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

UFC fans suck. I have no idea why they are booing.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rogan is a brown belt in BJJ, he knows his ****. He was also a national champion in Tae Kwan Do in several weight classes I believe. He's not just some dumb stoner comedian that stumbled into this job.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rogan was deciding between being a pro kickboxer or a stand up comic. He chose comedy because he figured at least he wouldnt get seriously ****** up if he failed at comedy.

Last edited by Rob S : 02-04-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Rogan is a brown belt in BJJ, he knows his ****. He was also a national champion in Tae Kwan Do in several weight classes I believe. He's not just some dumb stoner comedian that stumbled into this job.
I know how amazing he is, the thing is it just realizing that rogan had taught me bjj concepts just by listening to his commentary just kinda flicked a switch in my mind. I always respected rogan but wasnt a huge fan because some aspects of his personality bother me, but I just decided to choose to ignore all that from this point on.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I know how amazing he is, the thing is it just realizing that rogan had taught me bjj concepts just by listening to his commentary just kinda flicked a switch in my mind. I always respected rogan but wasnt a huge fan because some aspects of his personality bother me, but I just decided to choose to ignore all that from this point on.
You should listen to some of Eddie Bravo's podcasts with Rogan if you want to hear about some in depth BJJ talk. Also checkout Eddie's youtube videos.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

I like Roy, but ****. The guy needs to do more than just stand there and get blasted in the face every fight.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I like Roy, but ****. The guy needs to do more than just stand there and get blasted in the face every fight.
Why do some guys not understand that only hendo can win with that strategy? Im always flabbergasted when a fighters whole strategy is to plod forward and look for a big right hand.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Condit is fighting a fantastic fight imo. I'm very impressed. I have it 2-1.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Sooooo impressed with Condit. 3-1. It's going to be awful when Diaz gets the UD.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad I didn't pay for 50 dollars for this. All Carlos does is Leg kick and run away. Joe Rogan loves leg kicks I swear.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Sooooo impressed with Condit. 3-1. It's going to be awful when Diaz gets the UD.
I have it 3-2 for Diaz but I really cant be sure.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I have 3-2 for Condit. I guess I can't argue too much if Diaz wins....it is just so the prototypical ****** UFC decision.