Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I suck at career mode so far. It is getting frustrating.
Is it possible that you are the worst person in the history of humanity? That could be the problem if that is the case.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Why the hell was Diego vs Ellenberger not a 5 rounder? what a damn shame would have been an awesome championship rounds.
Both were tired and I don't think either's face could have taken any more damage.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Is it possible that you are the worst person in the history of humanity? That could be the problem if that is the case.
I knew there was some reason behind me being awful at the game so far.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I knew there was some reason behind me being awful at the game so far.
Glad I could help. The game finally came in the mail for me today so Ill see how terrible a person I am as well based on my inability to play the game with the proper amount of skill.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dana said after the Ellenberger fight all future main events regardless of being for a title will be 5 rounds.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Dana said after the Ellenberger fight all future main events regardless of being for a title will be 5 rounds.
This is good news imo.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he has already said that before. I'd be confident in saying it isn't the last 3 round main event we've seen.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:11 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Glad I could help. The game finally came in the mail for me today so Ill see how terrible a person I am as well based on my inability to play the game with the proper amount of skill.
So did you end up being a horrible person as well?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So did you end up being a horrible person as well?
I've only done one fight in career mode and I won it pretty easily. Ive mostly done title mode and random exhibitions to try out a lot of fighters. I haven't been losing much, but I do have a very hard time maintaining a position/ blocking transitions, stopping takedowns, sweeps, and standup defense. My first loss, was in title mode as Nick Diaz against Josh Koshceck. He just kept taking me down and punching my face.

I have found the most effective weapon for me to be knees to the body from side control. After a few, the body is completely destroyed and the opponent often lowers his hands to defend his torso more often, opening up for the knockout.

Despite my modest success in Undisputed, I don't need no video game to tell me that I'm a horrible person.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFC ring girl Brittney Palmer playboy pics are out. FYI.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I suck at career mode so far. It is getting frustrating.
You suck at the drills, or fighting? Only 2 drills I have problems with are the Tire Flip and the Focus Mitts. The latter seems particularly impossible as you have to react almost instantly after they tell you what they want you to do.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
UFC ring girl Brittney Palmer playboy pics are out. FYI.
I saw them and found them really disappointing. Shes really hot and the pictures were terrible but I got to see her nipples so I accepted it.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
You suck at the drills, or fighting? Only 2 drills I have problems with are the Tire Flip and the Focus Mitts. The latter seems particularly impossible as you have to react almost instantly after they tell you what they want you to do.
I sucked at both for the longest time. I am slowly starting to get the hang of the drills and the fighting. I suck at blocking transitions as well. They will take me down and I will try to referse into a submission. They will get out of it and then jump right back on top of me again. Eventually they will succeed at knocking me out or submitting me.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I sucked at both for the longest time. I am slowly starting to get the hang of the drills and the fighting. I suck at blocking transitions as well. They will take me down and I will try to referse into a submission. They will get out of it and then jump right back on top of me again. Eventually they will succeed at knocking me out or submitting me.
Right now I am running through mofos on title mode with Don Frye on expert. I think I am a better person than thou.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Right now I am running through mofos on title mode with Don Frye on expert. I think I am a better person than thou.
I am doing career mode and if the guy gets me in the clinch or on the ground I lose every time. I had 6 submission attempts that weren't even close that he got out of. Then I either try to keep him close and hope the ref stands us up or try to block a transition and get KO'ed. If we stay standing up then I can win.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have the game yet, but based on the demo, I hated the new submission system.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wish the changed the submission from having to rotate the D-pad. I hate that ****.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am doing career mode and if the guy gets me in the clinch or on the ground I lose every time. I had 6 submission attempts that weren't even close that he got out of. Then I either try to keep him close and hope the ref stands us up or try to block a transition and get KO'ed. If we stay standing up then I can win.
What difficulty are you playing on? Try not to spam the transitions on the higher difficulties. You can also hold R1 (or RB on 360) and move around to sway on the ground to try to avoid GnP KO's. As far as submissions go, they are much more effective when the other fighter is tired or rocked. Try to work the body more if you want to submit people without rocking them, or level up the subs you have. One more thing, submission success goes up a lot if you are in good position, so instead of going for an ankle/toe lock in full guard, try to get to side control, mount, or my favorite north/south. N/S choke is really effective IMO.

Last edited by djp : 02-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
What difficulty are you playing on? Try not to spam the transitions on the higher difficulties. You can also hold R1 (or RB on 360) and move around to sway on the ground to try to avoid GnP KO's. As far as submissions go, they are much more effective when the other fighter is tired or rocked. Try to work the body more if you want to submit people without rocking them, or level up the subs you have. One more thing, submission success goes up a lot if you are in good position, so instead of going for an ankle/toe lock in full guard, try to get to side control, mount, or my favorite north/south. N/S choke is really effective IMO.
I am playing advanced which probably isn't a good idea for someone that hasn't played any of the other UFC games. The game recommended that option after I fought the sparing partner so I went with it. When I am in the clinch I can rarely block his upper cuts through transitions even though I am moving the joystick in the way it showed in training.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I truly dont understand the judges in the game. I was playing as Don Frye Vs Cheick Kongo. I clearly felt i wont the fight and the stats backed it up yet he won a 29-28 unanimous decision.

Stats-Comp First-Then Mine

Punches landed- 56-36
Kick Knees landed- 31-27
Takedowns gained-1-8
Transitions Performed-27-62
Dominant Positions-20-33
I was knocked down once and I attempted four submissions.

My fights are typical pretty wild where positions are changing pretty regularly. Not sure if that is the case for everyone, but I have yet to fully get the concept of maintaining positions yet because my opponents typically complete all their transitions and I rarely get a reversal.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I truly dont understand the judges in the game. I was playing as Don Frye Vs Cheick Kongo. I clearly felt i wont the fight and the stats backed it up yet he won a 29-28 unanimous decision.

Stats-Comp First-Then Mine

Punches landed- 56-36
Kick Knees landed- 31-27
Takedowns gained-1-8
Transitions Performed-27-62
Dominant Positions-20-33
I was knocked down once and I attempted four submissions.

My fights are typical pretty wild where positions are changing pretty regularly. Not sure if that is the case for everyone, but I have yet to fully get the concept of maintaining positions yet because my opponents typically complete all their transitions and I rarely get a reversal.
What were the percentages for head/body/legs, or do you not remember? (the body outline that turns red as you hit them in certain spots) Seems to me, after having maybe 15 fights go to the judges, you get bonuses for knockdowns/reversals, and then the other part of the equation is the amount of actual damage done. I've had one ridiculous draw called that I clearly lost, but the rest have been pretty realistic IMO
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I am playing advanced which probably isn't a good idea for someone that hasn't played any of the other UFC games. The game recommended that option after I fought the sparing partner so I went with it. When I am in the clinch I can rarely block his upper cuts through transitions even though I am moving the joystick in the way it showed in training.
You should DEFINITELY try experienced. I'm playing on Advanced, and I've played all the Undisputed games, and I'm having a hell of a time against the computer when the AI has good ratings. I played a few on experienced, and it's significantly easier, particularly with reversals/transitions/submissions.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What were the percentages for head/body/legs, or do you not remember? (the body outline that turns red as you hit them in certain spots) Seems to me, after having maybe 15 fights go to the judges, you get bonuses for knockdowns/reversals, and then the other part of the equation is the amount of actual damage done. I've had one ridiculous draw called that I clearly lost, but the rest have been pretty realistic IMO
Ill have to keep an eye out for damage in the future, but that ssems like it owuld make more sense, he probably damaged my head more while I was working for the clinch at all costs. He was lighting me up on the feet for the most part, but Im pretty sure I punished his body a good amount while in a thai clinch and on the ground.

Responding to your comment below this one. What is the order of the difficulties (advanced, experienced, etc) I forget what the names are and i dont feel like turning my system on.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Ill have to keep an eye out for damage in the future, but that ssems like it owuld make more sense, he probably damaged my head more while I was working for the clinch at all costs. He was lighting me up on the feet for the most part, but Im pretty sure I punished his body a good amount while in a thai clinch and on the ground.

Responding to your comment below this one. What is the order of the difficulties (advanced, experienced, etc) I forget what the names are and i dont feel like turning my system on.
Without turning my system on, it goes

Beginner > Experienced > Advanced > Expert > Ultimate

Ultimate is only available after you finish a career mode on Expert. There's also the option of default or simulation energy, where default is the regular setting and Simulation is much more draining on your stamina to throw punches/kicks/transition/attempt takedowns. Simulation is supposed to be a "real UFC sim"
Old 02-22-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Without turning my system on, it goes

Beginner > Experienced > Advanced > Expert > Ultimate

Ultimate is only available after you finish a career mode on Expert. There's also the option of default or simulation energy, where default is the regular setting and Simulation is much more draining on your stamina to throw punches/kicks/transition/attempt takedowns. Simulation is supposed to be a "real UFC sim"
Ive been playing on Advanced and I definitely am finding it challenging but not impossible. I feel like it is perfectly reasonable setting where I can still have success but also be challenged. Once I get a bit better at figuring out how to block transitions and develop more nuanced striking I'm gonna try out online play to see if I'm even average, which I strongly doubt.

For Jaycheatman, definitely bump down a level. Advanced is a significant leg up from experienced, especially on the ground. I found myself doing whatever I wanted on the ground on experienced but I am getting blocked and reversed much more now that I moved up. The big thing with the ground game seems to be using both sticks in tandem, the one for posture and the other for transitions and blocks. You cant focus too much on one or the other or else you will get hugged or put back in guard/pushed off.