Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's terrible

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe Johnson got the win.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He seems like a really nice guy and hes a pretty exciting fighter, but I hate Johnson for the gift decisions he gets for being fast. His decision over Torres was nonsense even through it wasnt unexpected and I thought Rounds 1 and 3 were clearly for Mccall and probably should have been stopped. I dont care if Johnson was giving the thumbs up, the official should not take a fighters gesture into account because the officials are there to protect the fighters from their opponents and themselves. I dont know that he did that, just saying his justification for why the fight shouldn't have been stopped was nonsense.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** that was cray.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Just read the judges ****** up the scorecard and the Johnson-Creepy fight was a draw. Rematch in April.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Dana White was pissed to say the least.

Quote:
SYDNEY - It was a mistake so odd, even UFC president Dana White was left speechless (well, relatively).

At the conclusion of this weekend's UFC on FX 2 event in Sydney, Craig Waller, the executive director of the Combat Sports Authority of New South Wales, let White in on an important piece of information: He had miscalculated the scores of the flyweight tournament bout between Demetrious Johnson (14-2-1 MMA, 2-1-1 UFC) and Ian McCall (11-2-1 MMA, 0-0-1 UFC).

While the two involved combatants dealt with obviously different emotions, White's demeanor was clear as day. If you think he's happy that maybe a little controversy will help sell a rematch, think again.

"There is nothing positive about that result," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I would rather have ended it tonight. We had two badass fights that everybody loved that would have led into the title fight. That would have been best-case scenario."

UFC on FX 2 took place Saturday at Sydney's Allphones Arena. With the time difference, the night's main card aired live Friday night in the U.S. on FX.

Johnson and McCall fought through two closely contested opening rounds. In the third, "Uncle Creepy" took full control of the action, earning enough damage in the frame to score what some observers believe was a 10-8 round. Therein lied the problem.

When the scores were tallied, Johnson was declared the winner. In-cage announcer Bruce Buffer announced the result as a majority decision but proceeded to read split-decision results of 29-28, 28-29 and 29-28 in favor of Johnson. A disappointed McCall stormed out of the octagon, and Johnson accepted the win.

Unfortunately, there was a minor problem. Judge Sal D'Amato, who had given Johnson the opening two rounds with 10-9 marks, gave McCall the third with a 10-8 score, which should have resulted in 28-28 total. With Anthony Dimitriou issuing a 29-29 score and Kon Papai awarding Johnson the fight 29-28, the fight should have been a majority draw, which under the special rules in place for the fight would have resulted in a fourth, sudden-victory round.

But when transferring the scores issued by the judges to the tabulating sheets, Waller accidentally recorded a 10-9 round in McCall's favor on D'Amato's card. That meant D'Amatos' total was incorrectly announced as 29-28 for Johnson, giving "Mighty Mouse" a majority decision.

"It was a bit of an unfortunate situation," Waller said. "I take full responsibility for what happened."

"The fight should have been a majority draw. We should have gone to a fourth round. I sincerely apologize to both fighters, to Dana, and to every single fan of the UFC."

Waller also made it very clear that while it was D'Amato's scoring total that was miscalculated, it was he (as the official in charge of transferring and tabulating the totals) who made the mistake, not the judge.

"Sal wasn't the one that made the error," Waller said. "It was my error."

White, who said he wasn't told about the error until after the entire show was over, couldn't believe the mistake.

"As soon as the show ended, they came over and told me," White said. "After the card was done, they came up to me, and I said, 'You've got to be [expletive] me. How is this possible?'"

The situation isn't entirely unprecedented. White, himself, dealt with such a situation way back at 2003's UFC 41 event, when Matt Serra was awarded a unanimous-decision win over Din Thomas, only for the result to be reversed after the fight when it was determined judge Doc Hamilton had transposed his scores in the final round.

"When the commission adds the totals wrong, I don't know how you beat that one, other than if I would have had to go in and tell 'Mighty Mouse' that he lost," White said. "That would have been worse. I've done that before."

McCall, of course, was happy with the call. After all, he'll now get a second shot at booking a future meeting against Joseph Benavidez with the UFC's first-ever flyweight title on the line.

Johnson is a little more disappointed, but he's hardly bitter. In fact, White said he was more than impressed with how "Mighty Mouse" handled the news.

"He couldn't have been better," White said. "He couldn't have been classier - as classy as classy can be."

Regardless of the emotions, Johnson and McCall did both receive their win bonuses in addition to the night's "Fight of the Night" award, according to White. They'll also get a rematch, which means another paycheck. But Benavidez will be forced to the sidelines following the majority draw result while he waits for the rematch to unfold (and hopes the winner emerges uninjured).

But if you think he's bitter, think again. Benavidez also flashed admirable class in dealing with the bizarre situation.

"My initial thought is I'm pretty excited to see that fight again," Benavidez said. "It was awesome. When it ended, that's what I felt. I was like, 'That could be a draw. That could be a split. You just never know.'

It was a great fight, and it's awesome they get to do it again because I think it was a draw. I'm just excited to fight whoever comes out on top in that one because they will be the next best flyweight, and we'll battle for the first-ever title."

So maybe, in some odd way, the strange error could prove beneficial. After all, a little controversy never hurt anyone trying to sell a fight, and the division that didn't exist before this week suddenly has a very compelling stroyline.

Except White's not buying that idea.

"Imagine if they would have come out and said, 'This is going to a fourth round,'" White said. "The crowd would have went crazy. People at home would have went crazy. It would have been an incredible atmosphere and an incredible moment.

"There's nothing good about this, but what can you do? The commission owned up to it, apologized for it, and all we can do is move on."

For more on UFC on FX 2, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Former LSU Fullback Shawn Jordan's UFC debut from last night. Never have I seen a guy come out or a high five after an exchange like they had in the first round lol

http://www.fight4free.com/2012/03/ol...dan-fight.html
Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That transition by Kampman into the armbar was incredible.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash28Dash34 View Post
That transition by Kampman into the armbar was incredible.
You mean the guillotine?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watch Tate vs Rousey? All I can say is that ending was gnarly!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Just watched it Tate's escape from the first armbar was awesome. The one that finished it was nasty.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought she was gonna tap on the first one, serious guts and heart, that second one though was just brutal. Gutsy of Tate to not tap, the guy I felt for was the ref though, he must have wanted to step in when her arm was going the wrong way!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watching TUF this season? I found it funny how Cruz picked his guy, then asked Faber to pick who he thinks will beat him. Faber was pretty dumbfounded, but that's a little understandable since he probably didn't process who could beat the guy. What surprised me is how no one stepped up to the challenge when he asked who wanted the fight. I figured there would at least be one guy jumping at the challenge saying that they're a warrior who doesn't back down from a challenge.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one wanted to fight that guy because he's the favorite to win the show. Dude is nasty. Really not sure how I feel about the best two fighters on the show fighting in the second real episode...
Old 03-22-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Lawrence is a big prospect, but there is usually at least one guy that's all "HELL YEAH I'D FIGHT!" Ya know, the Ross Pointon type guy with limited skills but a lot of heart.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Oh Overeem.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28109/alis...itle-fight.mma
Quote:
Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is unlikely to fight champion Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the UFC heavyweight title this summer at UFC 146.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the No. 1 heavyweight contender failed a pre-fight drug test conducted this past Tuesday following a press conference for UFC 146.

Overeem's "A" sample was flagged for an elevated T/E ratio that exeeded 10-to-1, well over the 6-to-1 limit. Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.

The former Strikeforce champion was among six top-billed fighters who were tested for the all-heavyweight pay-per-view event, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. All were tested for diuretics, masking agents, anabolic steroids and T/E ratios in addition to drugs of abuse.

Dos Santos, Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva all passed their tests.

It's not the first time Overeem has run afoul of the NSAC. He was granted a conditional license to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 after missing a pre-fight drug test ordered by the commission, which reinstated out-of-competition testing this past July.

Answering to the commission via telephone during an NSAC hearing held three weeks prior to UFC 141, Overeem said he missed the test because he had flown back to his native Holland to care for his ailing mother and wasn't made aware of the obligation. When he got word, he submitted an invalid blood test conducted by his personal doctor and then submitted urine that wasn't tested.

The NSAC gave him a license on the condition that he submit to a drug test conducted by an accredited laboratory, which he did two days later (and subsequently passed), as well as pass a drug test upon arriving in the U.S. for the Lesnar fight and submit to two random tests.

This past Tuesday's test served as one of those random tests, which also followed a fight-night test at UFC 141.

Because Overeem's conditional license expired on Dec. 31, the NSAC will not receive a disciplinary complaint against him as it does for licensed athletes. Instead, he will need to appear before the commission should he choose to apply for a license, which notably, hadn't been filed for UFC 146.

With one half of May 26's event on the shelf, the UFC may give one of the main-card heavyweights an impromptu title shot.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I know Lawrence is a big prospect, but there is usually at least one guy that's all "HELL YEAH I'D FIGHT!" Ya know, the Ross Pointon type guy with limited skills but a lot of heart.
I'm glad we got a Ross Pointon reference in here.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
When I saw it I was pretty unhappy about it because Im a big Reem fan and that fight was going to be awesome, but anyone who was surprised by this positive is pretty stupid. Ive defended Overeem to an extent because I don't find his physique impossible given his genetics and profession, but Ive always assumed that hes likely on something.

I wonder how the UFC is going to handle this overall in terms of revamping steroid testing and such. If they lose a few more big fights that they have promoted for a long time to suspensions, the UFC might need to get serious on this and institute their own private, random testing. I seriously doubt the UFC wants to do that at this point, but I can't even imagine how many millions they will lose on this fight alone.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The HW division just lost two of their biggest draws in lesnar and overeem.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I wanted to bring this thread back to the front page because we have had such a huge gap between events and now the UFC is back with the Fuel event today and Rashasd Jones next weekend. However, Im not posting about that. I just wanted to point out an interesting story i saw about Nick Diaz' supsension.

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...:organizations

After seeing that, I thought that Diaz' lawyer is just a bit crazy about how aggressive he is being in dealing with a governing body as whiny as the NSAC. Then I looked up his lawyer, Ross C. Goodman on wikipedia. He is a straight boss. I didn't realize how many high profile cases he had won. I wonder if Diaz might have a chance at getting his suspension shortened. Realistically I doubt it because I assume they have it in for Diaz.

While I am insulting the NSAC for their general attitude, I will say they did a great job in instituting random tests and as much as it pains me to see him caught, I'm glad they caught Overeem in the overall sense of cleaning the sport up.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole Nick Diaz thing is hilarious. "HE TOTALLY FOUGHT HIGH GUYZ! DATS CHEATING!'
Old 04-15-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
The whole Nick Diaz thing is hilarious. "HE TOTALLY FOUGHT HIGH GUYZ! DATS CHEATING!'
The funniest part is that it seems like the results prove that he wasnt high during the fight, but that he had smoked. They didnt find the active marijuana they found metabolites that according to medical experts i heard on assorted mma sites would indicate he stop smoking over a week before the fight.

As for yesterday's event. Firstly, I really liked afternoon mma. I would greatly enjoy more events overseas that start in the afternoon. I understand that MMA and the UFC like the idea of a fight night where people congregate at bars, but this was enjoyable like watching a Saturday baseball game.

Secondly, Gustafsson should not be fighting for the title next and should not be remotely compared to Jon Jones. They are completely different fighters and personally I think either Jones or Rashad would crush him at this point. He hasn't fought any guy that is a top ten fighter at the time of the fight. He looks great, but have him fight bader or shogun
Old 04-20-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I can't wait until tomorrow night. I'm a big fan of both Jones and Rashad, so seeing them fight is pretty great to me. I think Rashad pulls off the upset due to his speed and counter attack style allowing him to get inside of Jones and negate his length. His wrestling has really improved a ton too. I didn't think he'd outright dominate Phil Davis in the wrestling department the way he did, so it wouldn't be crazy to see him as the first person to take down Jones. Jones is so damn incredible that I'll never count him out in anything. I'm picking Rashad, but another Bones ass whupping wouldn't be out of the question.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just coming back from Cobrinha's gym. Guy's awesome and he goes pretty hard. I love just watching his guard.

Pretty excited for tomorrow. I'm still picking Jones, but I like the matchup and wouldn't be upset, either way.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

It's game day bitches!

Oh and boo

Quote:
Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will get his day in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission next week, but UFC officials aren't waiting around.

UFC president Dana White announced late Friday night that Overeem has been pulled from the main event of UFC 146, and Frank Mir (16-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) will now face Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the UFC heavyweight title.

Mir was originally expected to face Cain Velasquez (9-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC). White did not immediately reveal if Velasquez will receive a new opponent.

Dos Santos, of course, was slated to face former Strikeforce champion Overeem in the main event of UFC 146, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. However, a recent pre-fight drug test that flagged Overeem for elevated levels of testosterone left his licensing status in doubt.

Overeem is scheduled to appear in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday in an effort to gain licensure. His camp has yet to reveal exactly what their defense will be in front of the commission, but UFC officials have apparently decided to move forward now.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/28352/alis...at-ufc-146.mma