Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
...but who knows if Hendo can't land one of those short uppercuts from the clinch that destroys faces.
I give Henderson about a puncher's chance. Even if he does win, it won't likely be in convincing enough fashion to avoid having to see Bones in a rematch. Jon Jones is, in my estimation, the cream of the crop at 205 and I think the only guy that can beat him would have to come up from his reign at 185.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:43 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I give Henderson about a puncher's chance. Even if he does win, it won't likely be in convincing enough fashion to avoid having to see Bones in a rematch. Jon Jones is, in my estimation, the cream of the crop at 205 and I think the only guy that can beat him would have to come up from his reign at 185.
I agree with this. I think Jones can take Henderson down and keep him down. Even if the fight stays on the feet, I can't see Hendo winning by decision which is the most likely outcome.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overeem out for 9 months. He has testosterone of 15 men.

Sucks that he got suspended. I wanted his overrated ass to get beat down by JDS.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not overrated he's legit but let's see how he is off the testosterone. Will he rebound or look like Silva did against Gustaffson not on roids?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually he has the testosterone of 60 men, they allow levels 4x the norm

Last edited by fenikz : 04-24-2012 at 05:52 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is incredible. He's on the verge of having the best run at 205 ever. Chuck, Tito, and Wand, are the top three lightheavyweights of all time IMO, and Jones is better than they were to me. The only thing he lacks form them is a good streak, but even then all of those guys had some flaws in their title runs. Wand fought a ton of cans, Tito didn't fight Chuck, Chuck's title run was only rematches. If Jones beats Hendo I think he'd have the best 205 title run in history, and the only thing keeping him from topping Chuck would be a couple more top wins since Chuck beat great guys outside of his title reign.

It's crazy how mad Jones makes people too. I picked Rashad, and I've been a Rashad fan since TUF, but there's no point in hating Jones for beating him. Right now I don't see how you can't be a fan of Jon Jones. He's incredibly innovative in the cage, and he smashes guys. I couldn't give a rat's ass about his personality, and even then he's no worse than a lot of other guys anyway. He's really just a goofy ass nerd. I guess a lot of meatheads can't take the fact that some dork whups people's ass the way he does. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I guess a lot of meatheads can't take the fact that some dork whups people's ass the way he does. lol
Joe Rogan made a comment about Anderson Silva that's similar to this one. He said that one of, he thinks, Silva's greatest strengths is that on the day to day, he doesn't carry around that false bravado or meat head machismo. He's so level headed that he can properly analyze his challengers on a fight-by-fight basis. It's a great advantage, knowing what the other guy does better than you.

As far as Overeem is concerned, I'm really indifferent. I think some of the numbers you guys threw out there were a bit inflated. From what I read, his testosterone to epitestosterone levels were 14:1. The allowed level is 6:1 and the average man carries around 1:1.

As for Overeem on the whole, he never impressed me early in his career. His win over Brock Lesner is equally underwhelming. To think he can walk into the UFC and get a title shot after beating 1 fighter is laughable. I not only think that JDS would have his way with him, but so would Cain Velasquez and maybe even Mir. I just don't have a ton of respect for him. And before you jump on my nuts, let me just say I've seen all I need to see of him between Pride and Strikeforce to formulate my opinion.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it funny that people are still trying to go to great lengths to say that Overeem might be innocent. WTF more do you need than a positive drug test and people saying he tried to dodge the random drug test after the press conference? The good thing for him is that he can still fight in Japan where roiding is legal if things just don't work out with Zuffa, but in terms of image he's got to do a lot to change people's perception of him stateside.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jones, but a lot of the things he does just seem forced. As far his skill set, he gets by with good wrestling and being really good at utilizing his reach advantage. He's not a good or powerful striker and he's not very quick or fast. There's really no limit to where he can go with what he does combined with continuing to get better.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is incredible. A win streak that includes Rampage, Rashad, Shogun and Lyoto is probably the greatest four fight win streak I've witnessed. Once he beats Henderson (which I believe he will) and maybe Gustaffson, he is going to be in his mid 20's, having already cleared out the division.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:47 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jones and all but I kinda want to see Hendo knock his block off one time just to prove he's not invincible like some seem to think.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I like Jones and all but I kinda want to see Hendo knock his block off one time just to prove he's not invincible like some seem to think.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:08 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome smirk Farva.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-25-2012, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think he is invincible, I just think he is really good at not getting hit haha

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Oh I agree but it only takes one and I'm hoping Hendo is the one to do it because he's the ******* man.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-25-2012, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

if I had to pick someone who wont be afraid of getting in the pocket and going for it, it is Hendo

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was moderately funny. Skip to 0:34
Old 04-25-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just rewatched the Penn/Diaz fight that was a WAR.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
At a regional MMA event, a 53-year-old spectator named Tim was asked if he’d come in as a replacement for a fighter who had dropped out at the last minute. Tim agreed, and found himself staring down a 21-year-old opponent just an hour later.
http://www.break.com/index/battle-of-the-ages-2322739
Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im only posting something this stupid because I want to get this thread going again with the big fox card tomorrow. I really like all the fights on the card and all of them for different reasons. Lavar vs. Barry is just gonna be striking, Hendricks vs. Koshceck may get interesting on the ground (I actually sometimes enjoy wrestling even if others find it boring. For some reason I like trying to work out the leverage and positioning in my head.) Belcher and Palhares could be a brutal submission and Miller vs. Diaz has the most divisional significance and features one of my favorite fighters in Jim Miller.
I dont usually give picks cause I suck but yeah.
Miller by GNP
Belcher by Decision
Koshceck by Decision
Barry by Knockout

Also, just a quick nerdy thing, I find it really cool when i see clips about Jim Miller training because I take bjj classes at the same place and its just surreal to see the same mats I do mundane tasks and attempt terrible technique on have some importance.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

It's Diaz time!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* love the Diaz brothers.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Old 05-15-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Korean Zombie tooled Porirer, that was surprising, KZ is a top featherweight now, he's so far from his brawls with Garcia. His ground game is so sick and of course he can bang with anyone.

On a side not Cerrone absolutely outclassed Stephens in a standup battle, if Diaz is going to sit and wait for a title shot I'd love to watch Cerrone vs Pettis in a title eliminator.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Damn Korean Zombie tooled Porirer, that was surprising, KZ is a top featherweight now, he's so far from his brawls with Garcia. His ground game is so sick and of course he can bang with anyone.

On a side not Cerrone absolutely outclassed Stephens in a standup battle, if Diaz is going to sit and wait for a title shot I'd love to watch Cerrone vs Pettis in a title eliminator.
I still think Poirer is a top prospect and a guy to watch in the future, but he hasn't really beaten anybody close to Jung's level so Im not fully surprised by the result, but I was a little amazed by how dominating he was.

No knock on Cerrone but when he outclasses someone like that, it just feels like watching sparring and i find it semi boring. Not his fault, all matchmaking though. The funny part of this fight is that in the graphic beforehand, they gave Stephens the striking advantage just to give him one check mark out 3 to make it seem competitive.

The one thing that bothered most about last night was the Jabouin Houghland fight. I think the fight should have been stopped multiple times. The fact that Houghland was able to make it to the bell is not a justification. He just took a one sided beating after the fight should have been stopped. The worst part to me was that Florian and Anik talked about how tough Houghland is and how the ref clearly made the right call cause Houghland survived. I think that is a ridiculous statement but such is life.