Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Aldo wins this one but I was wishing for a Edgar demolishing.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the crazy volume of leg kicks from Edgar may have compromised him a slight bit in addition to his desire to stat standing.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also should win 3-2. This is Vegas though....the judges do suck.
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
He didn't want to get taken down.
Yea I get it hut still, he's been stuffing the takedowns all night and when he got taken down Edgar did nothing except when he had his back for a second against the cage.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the judges do suck. Right winner though. Frankie clearly won 4 and 5 imo.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had it 49-46 with Frankie getting the 4th. 3rd being a toss-up. Aldo easily won the other 3.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49-46 worst judges ever
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I had it 49-46 with Frankie getting the 4th. 3rd being a toss-up. Aldo easily won the other 3.
I can't speak for the third because it was really close, but there is no way edgar didn't win 4 and 5. There are some people who are saying title fives should be 7 rounds which I think is moronic. I think Edgar didn't push the pace enough. Cain was just crazy spamming takedowns and tiring out JDS from the first second basically. I'm not saying that Edgar could do the same thing with Aldo, but I felt he didn't fight with enough urgency from the opening bell.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

7 rounds would be waaaaay too much.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldo had the 5th. Edgar might have thrown more, but Aldo landed more. The third round was the only real toss-up round and that's where the 48-47 came in. The judges at this event were surprisingly accurate across the board (aside from not giving Maia a 10-8 for the first round).
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

No way Maia should've had a 10-8. He was never near close enough to a finish.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
7 rounds would be waaaaay too much.
The argument was that guys like Edgar are being beaten by the clock rather than their opponent. However, I think ts a stupid argument because the onus should be on that fighter to take advantage of his cardio in the time allowed.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
The argument was that guys like Edgar are being beaten by the clock rather than their opponent. However, I think ts a stupid argument because the onus should be on that fighter to take advantage of his cardio in the time allowed.
Yep. Only thing about that is I feel like the rounds could be a bit longer in length for the lower weight classes, especially flyweight.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOLY F Aldo vs Pettis for 145 title August 2. Don't sleep on Pettis. I had no idea Pettis only cuts 3 pounds to make 55, I still hope though win or lose we can see Pettis v Bendo 2.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Its getting a little crazy how any guy can now jump weight into title shots recently, but there is no denying this is a great fight. It sucks for top featherweights, but thats how it goes sometimes in the UFC.

I don't know who the hell Id pick in that fight. I assume one will get injured and drop out though just because both have been injured often recently.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I hope Aldo whoops that ass

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
HOLY F Aldo vs Pettis for 145 title August 2. Don't sleep on Pettis. I had no idea Pettis only cuts 3 pounds to make 55, I still hope though win or lose we can see Pettis v Bendo 2.
That's kind of lame. Everyone wanted Pettis-Bendo 2. Are they planning on putting Bendo in a TUF and decided Pettis was a terrible choice for television?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Rory Macdonald got injured throwing a chainsaw down a flight of stairs (American Psycho?) and now Condit will fight Johny Hendricks, and Nate Marquardt steps into fight Ellenberger.

I don't know how to feel about Hendricks/Condit, I love both guys. But I tend to think that the fact Hendricks timbered Kampmann in less than a round (a guy with a great chin) would lead me to believe he has a great shot of doing the same to Condit.

Man, that could be an awesome fight.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

What is Marquardt doing back in the OOEFFSEE?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strikeforce went kaput, so a lot of good fighters were out of a job or went to UFC. I would like to see Marquardt open up his own gym and become a trainer pretty soon. He's already a great jiu-jitsu coach and can get a lot out of other fighters. He is well respected in MMA and can be good for aspiring fighters.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming off a loss I wouldn't have put Marquardt against Ellenberger. I would have put Woodley in there, is coming off that brutal victory against Heiron who Ellenberger is also coming off a victory against, plus Woodley stated his desire to fight on that card.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

UFC cut about 15 fighters. Jon Fitch tops among them. While I completely understand the logic of it, I still don't like it. I understand that Fitch has been the decision machine grinder that the UFC hates to have, he is still a legitimately good welterweight and was showing more of a willingness to be more agressive until destroyed by Maia. I get that it makes sense from a business perspective but It also hurts me a little bit as a sports fan. He can still beat a large percentage of welterwegihts, he is just being cut because he doesn't sell. Oh well, I hope he gets a chance to destroy some subpar dudes in bellator.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitch was one of my favorite fighter.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as someone who really likes wrestling, i hate when wrestlers go because they don't draw. Fitch brought more than just wrestling.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat Barry vs Shawn Jordan

LSU vs LSU

I can't have a dog in that fight.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote