Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
He got 1 take down out of 3 and the other 2 were stuffed fairly easily it seemed with Weidman ending up in the clinch
This. Weidman wasn't able to get him back down to the ground. The entire fight was Weidman getting a take down, Anderson getting up, Anderson getting in his head and forcing Weidman to stand with him, Anderson stuffing takedowns, Anderson playing around too long, Anderson getting caught. Weidman did his job and landed a punch, but you'll notice that after the takedown, all of those start with Anderson.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It is not the best live experience imo, at least from far away. The cage can be a real pain in the ass.
How far away were you? Was it worth the money? I didn't think about the cage being that big of a distraction.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
How far away were you? Was it worth the money? I didn't think about the cage being that big of a distraction.
I was, like, mid level I guess. "200" area seats if you will. Then again, I could just be spoiled with these things as I go to a lot of small shows and have a fantastic view. If it is just $50 or something, I'd just give it a go and see if you like it. I mean, you're not going to have a bad time.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rampage vs. Tito on Nov. 2nd for Bellator PPV

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Yeah, this is like....not exciting at all.

Last edited by Rob S : 08-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
OMGGGGGGGG I can't wait!!!! hold up... It's 2013 nm, pass. PPV too lol no thanks. At least have Rampage fight King Mo finally.

BTW I love Korean Zombie but what a mismatch against Aldo. Aldo is so technically superior Zombie's only shot is that his head is so hard that Aldo gasses after round 3 by pounding Zombie's head in. Machida and Phil Davis is also a massive mismatch.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 08-01-2013 at 09:50 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Zombie v. Aldo BECAUSE it is supposed to be very lopsided. But it's the Korean Zombie. Should be exciting no matter what.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was, like, mid level I guess. "200" area seats if you will. Then again, I could just be spoiled with these things as I go to a lot of small shows and have a fantastic view. If it is just $50 or something, I'd just give it a go and see if you like it. I mean, you're not going to have a bad time.
I went to a UFC event a few years ago and I enjoyed the experience, but wouldn't really want to do it again. The excitement of the crowd is the best part, but I found myself watching on the big screens most of the time If I wanted a really good view.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't see that coming

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have given it to Machida 29-28 but it definitely wasn't a great performance from Machida as Stann was hyping him. His big "combo" was actually only one punch landed and a brush of the toe on his "knee to the face." Considering how clumsy his striking usually looks Phil actually looked good out there and didn't allow Machida to dictate like he usually does, and a lot of Phil's connects were not noticed by Stann and Goldberg announcing the fight. I would have leaned towards Machida but I simply don't think it is a robbery like some who I already see calling it the worst decision in a long time.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Say what you want but Phil Davis has beaten 3 current top 5 UFC LHW contenders in Machida, Gustaffson, and Lil Nog. As well as beating MW standouts Boetsch and Stann. Say what you want but Davis is a legit top 5 LHW, Rashad was and always will be a bad matchup for him as obviously Bones is, but Phil is very impressive for how raw he is. He can submit and outwrestle a ton of guys, and has shown against elite competition he can look respectable on the feet.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely dont think it was even the worst decision of the last month or so let alone ever.

Machida had a few flurries but otherwise waited on Phil and threw a couple of attempts at strikes out.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Say what you want but Phil Davis has beaten 3 current top 5 UFC LHW contenders in Machida, Gustaffson, and Lil Nog. As well as beating MW standouts Boetsch and Stann. Say what you want but Davis is a legit top 5 LHW, Rashad was and always will be a bad matchup for him as obviously Bones is, but Phil is very impressive for how raw he is. He can submit and outwrestle a ton of guys, and has shown against elite competition he can look respectable on the feet.
He didn't beat Machida. Dude landed 2 take downs out of like 20 attempts and it was on the ground for a total of 1 minute. He landed one knee on the ground and basically nothing the entire rest of the fight. Phil got clowned the 14 minutes that were spent on the feet.

What a terrible, terrible decision.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I would have given it to Machida 29-28 but it definitely wasn't a great performance from Machida as Stann was hyping him. His big "combo" was actually only one punch landed and a brush of the toe on his "knee to the face." Considering how clumsy his striking usually looks Phil actually looked good out there and didn't allow Machida to dictate like he usually does, and a lot of Phil's connects were not noticed by Stann and Goldberg announcing the fight. I would have leaned towards Machida but I simply don't think it is a robbery like some who I already see calling it the worst decision in a long time.
Most of his "connects" were just blocked by Machida. The rest he completely whiffed.

There's no way Phil won that fight.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://imgur.com/XwIFpHu

Pretty sure a foot is not supposed to look like that. Makes what Aldo did even more impressive. Manager confirmed that he broke that foot 2 minutes into the fight.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These dudes are nuts

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I didn't look at that because injuries...NOPE! But that explains why he kept trying to take it to the ground.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I didn't look at that because injuries...NOPE! But that explains why he kept trying to take it to the ground.
I usually don't look and honestly, this one isn't too bad to look at, however, this injury got me wondering again about the pain tolerance these guys have. Is it that they are so jacked up on adrenaline during fights that they just push through or is it that they have insane pain tolerance? Like if jose aldo were to stub a toe while walking around or jams his thumb, would he just not react? These guys really are nuts though. Its things like this that make me find it ludicrous when idiot fans call fighters wimps or pussies.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It' a combo of both adrenaline and serious pain tolerance.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It' a combo of both adrenaline and serious pain tolerance.
I imagine so. I guess I'm a sadist because I wanna see UFC fighters getting paper cuts, hit in the funny bone, stubbed toes, etc.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3 them both
Old 08-17-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Uriah Hall is just awful to watch now. He's too scared to hurt anyone to be any good.

He should have completely wrecked Howard. Dude isn't anywhere near Uriah's level.

Looked like they were about to start ******* at the end.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Travis Browne throws 5 million front kicks (slow and obvious...not trying to be tricky at all, just throwing them because he could). Alistair Overeem doesn't block any of them. Gets caught. Typical Alistair. **** that guy.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Travis Browne throws 5 million front kicks (slow and obvious...not trying to be tricky at all, just throwing them because he could). Alistair Overeem doesn't block any of them. Gets caught. Typical Alistair. **** that guy.
I loved every second of it
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote